Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Eve Gate, Human Evolution, Faith & Myths  (Read 4352 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: The Eve Gate, Human Evolution, Faith & Myths
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:56 »

i always took the discrepancy of the calendar thing as a simple adaptation of the society to space travel.

To put it simple
- Early settlers had a calendar....one inherited
- The eve gate collapsed, calendars were still beign used, but after 30K years they got slightly adjusted over time to match better the worlds inhabited.
- Eventually society goes and colonizes space and realizes calendar's tied down to planets aren't useful
- They all agree on creating a single time stamp across the cluster
- on what background do you base that agreement? on the earliest type of calendar you can think of ....ergo......a terran calendar (without anyone suspecting it has to do anything to an existing planet elsewhere)

that sounds plausible to me.

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:56 »

i always took the discrepancy of the calendar thing as a simple adaptation of the society to space travel.

Except, that it's more than a minor calendar adjustment that's been made. There is the slightly less than mild issue with the lack of any record featuring humans evolving on their home planets. Aside from the Amarr, whose theology seems to address the issue along the lines of 'because it was written...' meanwhile what of the others?

Are the Amarr incorrect & ill informed?

Was New Eden created by a host of great Celestials and little gods? Are all of New Edens' humans the creations of Yu-Shan and the bureaucrats of the celestial heirarchy? Are Capsuleers actually Exalted ones? Chosen by heaven to serve its mercurial will? That, because of this, science is really a load of complete nonsense...crafted as a mixture of test and the biggest trolling Heaven's ever got its' self around to instigating? Particularly, given their distracted addiction to the games of divinity...

And if so, Where's my Dailkaive and when can i start training for my combo's? Swords, dragons, and magical powerz please!?!
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2015, 09:06 by Velarra »

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jun 2015, 09:10 »

Praise the Sun.

..huh, wait, erm..
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jun 2015, 09:11 »

Praise the Sun.

..huh, wait, erm..

Solar Twilights ftw! ^_^

*fondly remembers 6yrs of WW's java Jade City prior to ever playing Eve*

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jun 2015, 10:10 »

This was probably the same time a lot of other explicit references to pre-collapse civilizations - Amarr being related to the Catholic Church, Gallente being French settlers, etc. - were written out of the lore.

Just that the chronicle I quoted above hasn't been removed from lore... so, uh. Yah. They don't even do their ret-cons right, I feel.

To put it simple
- The eve gate collapsed, calendars were still beign used, but after 30K years they got slightly adjusted over time to match better the worlds inhabited.
- Eventually society goes and colonizes space and realizes calendar's tied down to planets aren't useful
- on what background do you base that agreement? on the earliest type of calendar you can think of ....ergo......a terran calendar (without anyone suspecting it has to do anything to an existing planet elsewhere)

If you realize that calendars are tied to planets and that all the differing nations/cultures originally started off the same calendar, wouldn't the implication be that...
all humans came from the same planet with a 24 h day and a ~365 +1/4 days year?

It seems uttelry implausible to me to realize that calendars are tied to planets yet not suspecting that some original calendar shared by all nations/cultures is somehow not.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2015, 10:13 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jun 2015, 14:29 »

To put it simple

If you realize that calendars are tied to planets and that all the differing nations/cultures originally started off the same calendar, wouldn't the implication be that...
all humans came from the same planet with a 24 h day and a ~365 +1/4 days year?

It seems uttelry implausible to me to realize that calendars are tied to planets yet not suspecting that some original calendar shared by all nations/cultures is somehow not.

slight correction in your interpretation, it does indeed point towards a common origin....and a theory that would most likely be explored by all empires...but i digress it could be inmediately tied to a singular planet.

It could be interpreted as an ancient calendar that was used during an archaic space age....which if course is heavily supported by the remanents of the eve gate.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2015, 02:13 »

That's what I was saying that I do not really see any real evidence against Earthologist or Syncretist theories...
Pages: 1 [2]