Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: What's Happening in EVE?  (Read 3189 times)

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
What's Happening in EVE?
« on: 17 Jun 2015, 00:19 »

What's a Drifter?

How has your character change/grown lately?

How is your faction right now?

What is your corp up to?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
Re: What's Happening in EVE?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2015, 00:47 »

1) No one is completely sure yet. Continue observations, apply caution, wait for opportunities.

2) Leopold has become a bit more cynical and aggressive lately, some of his sleazy politeness subsiding a bit, probably due to a more intense (active?) lifestyle.

3) Angels are never far...

4) After the deployment to Bleak Lands alongside its alliancemates and cohorts, Stillwater is working on establishing a presence, harassing locals, expanding Angel... markets and acquisition niches, taking and defending key strategic locations, with little or no discrimination to either Imperials or Republicans.

So far it has been rather eventful, last night we had a large fight, blues + us vs. Dead Terrorists and Shadow Cartel, about 20bil isk lost on both sides.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2015, 00:54 »

What's a Drifter?
Jovian borg with weapons that 1shot anything sub-capital when you make them angry.

More completely, they're an offshoot of the Sleepers/Original Jove that appear to have become aware of us recently and may or may not be responsible for a massive explosion in Jove space ("Caroline's Star")

Esna's been somewhat unchanged, partly because my time has been more divided between multiple games lately. I have a plan in progress to run an arc with him, though.

Unfortunately Amarr seems to be taking the brunt of the forced "plot developement", what with Jamyl-Zombie coming to the forefront again, CCP stated plans in the works to force a division in Amarr, and Scope videos ignoring Amarr loyalist actions. Yes I am a teensy bit salty.

Nonetheless, the Amarr community is hanging together well and we seem to be ready to do some things together if called on.

What is your corp up to?
We're currently chilling in wormhole space, running stuff and killing people where we can. Assorted plans are in the works again, but with summer's typically slow period on the horizon it remains to see what exactly will happen.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:02 »

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3DaqzoSQs&list=PLxtyFO8G0OjVu2YfOzX3_fAuxI7jIvMwV (8+ hours of listening but well worth it)
2) Prefer not to discuss it in public. (Not positive, let's leave it at that.)
3) What faction?
4) Prepping for Alliance Tournament XIII, mostly. Spent tonight hazing CODE in Uedama and Niarja, though.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:24 »

3) What faction?

Khanid Kingdoms. Like all right thinking sapienta.

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:26 »

3) What faction?

Khanid Kingdoms. Like all right thinking sapienta.

I think we've had some miscommunication on what Morwen's factional loyalties actually are, dear. :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2015, 01:47 »

1) Not much to add except that I don't like them very much. Too rubbish in my book, where I really liked sleepers and eerie Anoikis stuff.

2) Lyn has changed a bit, since she reseted herself back to a state save right near the end of kotmc to avoid dealing with certains things (which not public knowledge). She is more and more wary of loyalism in FW, and is always turning more and more true neutral.

3) CONCORD fails more than ever and overall suck as a faction to stick to, Amarr are lead by a a sleeper agent, and the Ammatar are reduced to plot devices for the big four. Overall rather annoyed that all the lore focus is on drifter, but after all, every time the lore developped, it was without any care for the rest of the cluster and focused on a single thin thing. Won't complain that they are actually doing something for a change, though...

4) For some of us, killing drifters and investigating drifter thingies and being mentioned in the Scope News (congrats Lucas!). For some others, the usual. For me and Nico, philosoraptoring on the IGS mostly.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2015, 03:04 »

Lyn, whenever I read about CONCORD's latest fuck-up, I always feel a bit bad for you.

It's a logical organization to get behind. Or it would be if it did what it was supposed to do. 

Current Events

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2015, 05:26 »

Well I would understand that some factions fuck up at times... I mean, look at all the amarr fuckups, or the recent minmatar ones (Colelie, etc)...

It's more the underlying principle that game mechanisms supported by the CONCORD RP justification behind rarely make sense. That, added to the fact that they appear completely incompetent when they are actually described as the most incorruptible and efficient police force New Eden has ever seen...

Which eventually translates into players dogpiling ICly on it for legit or less legit reasons... Much like they enjoy dogpiling on Amarr because Amarr are evil, etc. Sometimes I just feel like I have picked all the factions (be it for background-Ammatar, citizenship-Amarr, or political affinities-CONCORD) that got the short end of the stick...
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2015, 05:29 by Lyn Farel »

ValentinaDLM

• Wetgraver
  • Totally a Toaster
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2015, 12:58 »

What's a Drifter?

What is your corp up to?

Drifters are the latest content to farm for isk. The lore behind them isn't terribly exciting to me.

My Character has went from Sansha loyal to independent politically, with her culture shifting further and further away from her Ammatar roots and closer and closer to Matari cultural traditions. Of course, her being in the Amarr miltia and in love with someone who is also in the Amarr miltia, and who is at least part Amarrian means she is getting pulled in a couple of different directions.

Val doesn't really have a faction, but since she generally identifies culturally as Matari, she tends to be in channels for other people who do as such, which are mainly Thukker, Republic, and Federation loyalists. The Republic hasn't really had much going on it seems like, and the RP community is only slowly rebuilding around it. I think that the vast majority of the loyalists around it just seemed to quit playing the game.

My corp has went from a tiny group who fly frigates to the single most powerful corporation in Amarr Faction warfare. This has been due in large part to both Minne FW, and Amarr FW alliances fail cascading or joining pirates/the other warzone, leaving us, NEOS, PIE, and Amarrian commandos as basically the only active alliances anyway. Minmatar have Ushra Kahn, Hoplite Brigade, and The Ghosts of Deep space; that makes things much smaller than they used to be.

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2015, 21:25 »

What's a Drifter?

A Hobo.

Some time ago Quin was lied to and betrayed by someone close to her. She has dealt with loss in her own way and has learned to be a less trusting, less forgiving person.  :evil: She has taken up composing music in her free time, which may or may not lead to an amateur singing career.

Quin is not really a faction loyalist but right now she is working for SOEX (Sisters of Eve Expeditionary), which is basically a small NGO affiliated to SOE (the Sisters of Eve). This is actually a very political faction, which happens to be right up with Quin's tastes. SOE normally keeps out of sticky situations but they have come under scrutiny after the Thera incident.

What is your corp up to?

We generally pursue the same interests as SOE and support their activities (i.e. we run missions, trade and industry) but once in a while trouble brews up (PvP) and we shoot back, which goes against policy. We always end up having to patch relations with some SOE bureaucrat as blue helmets are not supposed to shoot; as an NGO, we may become unaffiliated and forfeit the right to use the SOEX name. Most of this happens in my mind and gets half-written into stories that maybe someday could be posted. Or not.

That being said, SOEX has just finished charisma-tanking a war ingame. We were war-decced, outnumbered and had our assets under fire. So we moved our stuff into the warzone, identified their alts, their alt corps and their alts' targets; chat windows were launched, friends made and after a while we had even numbers; we flew guns, flew logi, flew cloaks, repped stuff, harassed pirates and had them spend the rest of the war docked.

The alt of the enemy of your enemy's alt, is your friend  :P

This is not the first time we attempt something like this but this was actually the most successful try. Anyway, there is something awesome in rallying a bunch of complete strangers to stand up against reds.

Eve rocks!

Q

SOEX - These are not the Medics you're looking for.

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2015, 21:48 by Quintrala »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jun 2015, 06:02 »

I read this and it was great. While it got a little heated and sometimes off-topic, I think it gave me a very clear window on how some people feel about RP.

Which is probably just as important as what exactly they're doing in RP.

Current Events

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jun 2015, 10:01 »

What's a Drifter?
The latest bogey-monster from those damn wormholes. Those things are more trouble than they're worth - we don't engage them.

Resolved some of his issues with the mercenary life by letting go of his pan-State loyalties. Talking about 'The State' is SO YC114 - Kalaakiota is everything.

The State is quiet and putting it's house in order after the Heth debacle. Not every trace of the CPD has been completely expunged, but these things take time. With Caldari Prime being returned to the State slowly but surely, the war feels like it has been won, pretty much.

What is your corp up to?
Deployed on a contract to aid our allies, The Empire, we have gone through a massive period of expansion and now dominate the Amarr/Matari warzone. Pieter doesn't derive the same enjoyment from killing Matari as he does Gallente and doesn't fly as often as he used to, but the rest of the Corporation is in a proud and nasty mood and racking up impressive tallies.