Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: CONCORD Portal Project  (Read 1940 times)

Jozana

• Clonejack
  • Invicta. (Cry Havoc.)
CONCORD Portal Project
« on: 16 Jun 2010, 06:16 »

It's an idea for another RP community website with the necessary differences to others out there.
I'm looking to make it happen, but before I do so I want to make sure at least the concept is something people can see a potential in.
Therefore I ask people to read this thread:
Link removed.

Please voice your opinion, whatever it is, but also I request you keep all discussion regarding the subject in that topic - not here. It will help a great deal if all input is given in one and the same place, rather than spread out over different forums.

Edit: Registration is no longer a requirement to post your opinion.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 09:27 by Jozana »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: CONCORD Portal Project
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2010, 10:09 »

Fun idea; will read more thoroughly later (I'm getting ready for work) but at first glance it looks like the hardest part would be getting folks writing in a consistent style; maybe you'd proof-read and edit entries to fit theme while not changing content where possible? 

I dunno.  anyway, I hope to see something really cool grow from this idea :D

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Jozana

• Clonejack
  • Invicta. (Cry Havoc.)
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2010, 07:59 »

... but at first glance it looks like the hardest part would be getting folks writing in a consistent style; maybe you'd proof-read and edit entries to fit theme while not changing content where possible?

I was thinking more along the lines of having pages where you input a story display the input and some guidelines / pointers to follow on writing that particular type of thing you're writing side-by-side. But I think that's really a worry for later at this point.

Right now the most important thing to get a ball rolling is just getting some opinions and that alone seems hard enough, but I'm gonna need at least some input anyway to get an idea of how people look towards it simply to ensure that whatever the details end up being I make something that people will actually like. I have a suspicion that a mere 6 fields registration form - confirmation code included - is what's still obstructing a lot of people from voicing their opinion at the moment.  :P

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2010, 10:13 »

The last two days, in addition to to work I've had really bad internet - tried to go back to the site last night but I could barely load a web page at all... vent had ping of over 15k at one point (which was a lot worse than the 6144 ping that made me take the conversation to phone instead).  Technician came out this morning and determined the problem's originating from the line coming into the house (something got screwed up in a storm earlier this week), so he put in a work order and hopefully soon full connectivity will be restored.

That said, the connection seems okay right this minute so I'll take a closer look tonight and post (hopefully) more helpful opinions.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2010, 14:40 »

I have a suspicion that a mere 6 fields registration form - confirmation code included - is what's still obstructing a lot of people from voicing their opinion at the moment.  :P
Well, sure, it might help you to have features on your site that include the ability to post anonymously from a guest account - which is the only meaning I can wring from the above phrase that doesn't imply you'd be opening the doors wide to all the world's spambots. But your main problem is this:
Please voice your opinion, whatever it is, but also I request you keep all discussion regarding the subject in that topic - not here.
Boldface mine.

You need to go the extra mile here and come to the capricious and opinionated some.

That said, I'm going to go and register on your forum and give you an opinion, but it's going to be critical because I'm one to be critical. It may also be constructive.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2010, 18:50 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2010, 15:15 »

My opinion is that, if you want me to come participate in your community, then you need to explain here why I should, preferably with a TL;DR summary. :)

Also, forum admins of all shapes, sizes, and sites, please please PLEASE come into something resembling the modern web era and let me use OpenID or similar so I don't have to create yet another set of authentication credentials. >.<

Jozana

• Clonejack
  • Invicta. (Cry Havoc.)
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2010, 05:39 »

Well, sure, it might help you to have features on your site that include the ability to post anonymously from a guest account
Although I tend to be against this normally speaking, I may have to face you're right in this case and it would be in my own benefit. Having reconsidered this the ability to post as a guest is now available.
Registration is no longer a requirement to post your opinion.

...but it's going to be critical because I'm one to be critical. It may also be constructive.
This translates to useful and is something I encourage.

Jozana

• Clonejack
  • Invicta. (Cry Havoc.)
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2010, 09:30 »

The current approach is not going to work at all.
Time for a change of plan.

This topic can now be ignored.