Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Intrest Check] Manus Colubra [WIP and yes this is a serious idea of mine..]  (Read 3903 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger

Hey backstage..No no get back here..i know what you are thinking "This wont be serious at all..." Well toss me a bone here and listen to this...

took me awhile to grow the balls to present this idea to you all. but a few months ago i came up with a idea of a story arc, probably   not the most elaborate and meaningful  stroyarc but i thought  about it and i really  wanna give it a shot

This is my first REAL story arc idea...

Manus Colubra (Latin that should translate to "Hand of the serpent")  is a small smuggling and distribution  division with the Serpentis Corporation that works in low security space  to help move goods around and stay one step ahead of the law.

I am still working on what the main storyline would be about..i have came up with two ideas so far..

-trying to establish a  market in the Intaki system to sell to both Capsuleers and citizens (This idea is not only..bland, but i picked  Intaki because  i wanted the ILF to be the main group involved with this due to their stance on Serpentis..However last i checked they were too busy to do this)

-Distributing a "New" and highly addictive substance that has severe side effects to users that go into withdraw in [Region] (This idea is also lame..as i could VERY easily screw this story up..And might not fit well with lore)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally would want to go with the latter as it would allow this story to expand much much more, with the story starting out with discovering the drug, interrogating drug mules,  intercepting shipments, raiding drug dens to slowly uncover the secrets of the drug, then purge it

Sadly if that idea was actually ok, i would need someone who knows how to make a really messed up drug that makes sense...as well as give it side effects that makes sense

A very slow paced mystery story arc much like the one i-red had (which inspired me to make this) But i am open for any ideas..

With people trying to stop [x storyline], people who show support to the Angel Cartel (looking at you Vincent)   and Serpentis corporation can be involved with actually defending shipments or drug dens, thus creating some content for people

This may seem like some over the top and dumb idea, and i am terrible sorry i insulted your eyes with this, but if you did not mind how terrible it was and wish to help me build the details of this arc (Ideas for a story, progression, all that jazz)  then please do share your thoughts on this

( .__________.)/

Anskek

Me gusta. I don't know how to invent a drug though, just how it works i the body. There is one person Schere and I worked with back when Ava and Pieter were targeted for assassination. They REALLY knew their drug stuff. I'll see if I can find the name.

Vizage

• Egger

I think this sounds like a fun idea! I wish I could be involved someway but this seems outta my ballpark for the most part. Should there be any public opinion spillover I'll do my part in partaking for sure.

Don't ever be worried about presenting an Rp idea, silly or serious. Content generators and the content they bring are the life blood of an Rp community and if people wanna poo-poo your idea,  we'll nuts to them!

I wish you the very best of luck and hope this takes off in a big way!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

As I said ingame when you linked it the other day, I'm more or less in the same ballpark as Viz here. Looks like a great and interesting concept but I don't think I'll be able to get involved - less so for the usual reasons that have kept me out of things over the last few months but more the combination of probable subjects. Not sure I have any characters that could or would get involved.

Good luck with it, though - I'll try and keep an ear out to follow along.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

Distributing a "New" and highly addictive substance that has severe side effects to users that go into withdraw in [Region] (This idea is also lame..as i could VERY easily screw this story up..And might not fit well with lore)

I personally would want to go with the latter as it would allow this story to expand much much more, with the story starting out with discovering the drug, interrogating drug mules,  intercepting shipments, raiding drug dens to slowly uncover the secrets of the drug, then purge it.

[...]

With people trying to stop [x storyline], people who show support to the Angel Cartel (looking at you Vincent)   and Serpentis corporation can be involved with actually defending shipments or drug dens, thus creating some content for people.

This is interesting. There are a number of angles that might involve rival parties trying to control an emerging market. Regarding the specifics of a non-canon drug, I've based mine on dirtside flora with narcotic effects to sidestep the chemistry aspect. However if you want to make something really nasty, you could always try novel ways to combine in-game trade goods and so forth. There could be rumors of unusually large quantities of certain materials crossing regional borders or something, materials which could later be revealed to be components in the manufacture of a drug. You can get a lot of ideas from the Planetary Materials section of the Market window. With enough handwavium a plausible scenario could emerge.

This is just an idea, perhaps it might be useful.

Nissui is around -4.0 to Angels so she wouldn't cooperate, but should their affiliates try to move such materials through her family 'turf', she may not be averse to getting blown up trying to stop them...

Lyn Farel

The Sarpati Roulette. One chance out of 6 to stumble on a drug mixed with Kresh or Kyonoke.

So, there is a lot of interesting things to be played around the Serpentis, and not a lot has been done ICly on the matter. Maybe you should try to talk to Kat, he wrote a story chronicle on drugs, which may give or may not give ideas...

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."

I echo other people's statements when I say this idea is interesting and has a lot of potential. I applaud your initiative Foley. If you need help or advice or guidance with anything, feel free to shoot me a mail.

P.S. If it is Foley that plans on doing this illegal filthy piwate bizniz I will personally see to it that Kor pimp slaps him in his place. :p
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Avio Yaken

• Egger

Bump and small thing to add...

Im not sure if this would be the best thing to do....But if I was to do this I would need two leaders, one for yhe vigilante Capsuleers and one for the filthy no good shit scum pirates >:c

Im saying this as I would most likely need assistance organizing as this would be my first attempt at a storyarc

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...

Just dragged in here by Foley in GR109. Leo has a history of supplying drugs to teh RP community, if you need any 'previous work experience'.
Also, recently got a spark of a couple new active-RP members in the corp who'd definitely be interested into something like that, and a whole corp of bloodthirsty angels if you're looking to expand this into spacewise pew pew.

Mail me. Let's get scheming.

P.S. Too bad Karynn isn't on, he'd love this. :(

EDIT: dibs on filthy no good shit scum pirates contraband entrepreneurs

EDIT: And please call it Manus Colubrae. [/grammar nazi]
« Last Edit: 06 May 2015, 01:03 by Leopold Caine »

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr

I'd like to add Sinjin into the mix for this too.

Additionally, I work professionally in the realm of mental health and addiction recovery. I can design some really nasty stuff and how it gets developed and spread.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool

Not really sure how it will work, but it sounds really cool.

Valadeus

Well...

I'm not sure how involved, active or (especially) effective I"ll be given that Liberty Vanguard is currently only a two man corp, which means that we'll get busted to pieces in any space confrontation short of a lone pilot (which makes no RP sense).

Obviously I could try and dredge up some IC support for the counter operations but I'd advise against basing the development of your story line on what "might" happen.

If no one else wants to step up and play the vigilantes, then keep me in mind but I hope you find someone more qualified for the position as it would serve your story a lot better.

Avio Yaken

• Egger

Well thats the main problem when getting possible PVP into the storyline...

Location is a big thing
Timezones is a MASSIVE thing
And Balanced forces is a MUST

For any kind of good RP/PVP

And if we have a massive Angel cartel force and no Vigilantes then i would  have no idea how to progress this story..

Avio Yaken

• Egger

Double post...

Lyn Farel

Even if that becomes a bit less fun when the issue is obvious because of a large unbalance between the 2 sides, I would advise against rigging and organizing the fights so that they are balanced... It would mean that some people would be left out to compensate, and also that it would be scripted... No spontaneousness, nothing...

If you can't reach a military balance, maybe it's better in those cases to rely either on asymmetric warfare, or events that are not based on the number of people, but rather on intelligence, logic, or in a more RPG fashion, being in relation with every corp OOCly and telling them "What do you do now ? Ok then, we do that in space..." and then they manage (or not) to recover for example X and Y objects in space or whatever...

More clearly, you can avoid direct confrontation by introducing indirect confrontation, where people will compete in your events but your events will not necessarily pit them against each other in pvp in an arena. Make them fight but through other means (contests, roleplay actions, etc, like a true game master).
« Last Edit: 06 May 2015, 17:33 by Lyn Farel »
Pages: [1] 2