Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Dear CCP (revisited)  (Read 17534 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Dear CCP (revisited)
« Reply #60 on: 04 May 2015, 11:27 »

Yes. I loved almost everything about the Cal Prime event - except them blatantly lying about the player agency. If we were doomed to fail and I'd known beforehand, that was okay, but pretending we could make a difference and basically lying about it?

Kind of a dick move.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #61 on: 04 May 2015, 11:53 »

They could have similarly one-sided events with some choices involved though.

Say the drifters are going to deus ex machina one of the big four in a "bad for the faction" pew pew kind of way.  It's going to happen to one of them no matter what, maybe player events leading up to doomsday effect which faction takes the brunt of the pain.

I dunno, maybe 4 "prime" Jove observatories uncloak above the home planets of each faction, and there's a race to both decrypt logs and also defend the observatories vs incursion style drifter assaults.

The faster the observatories get decrypted by players it spawns new breadcrumb towers similar to the new sov random spawn capture mechanics.

So there's a race to do scanning, finding new towers, and also defending new spawns from drifters.

After a week of this the faction that does the worst gets the drifter titan spawn above their homeworld for massive pain.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 04 May 2015, 12:23 »

After a week of this the faction that does the worst gets to warp it's fleet to an endlessly respawning Federal Navy flotilla of Blaster Moros at zero range.

Fixed that for you. It IS a Live Event, after all.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #63 on: 04 May 2015, 12:27 »

After a week of this the faction that does the worst gets to warp it's fleet to an endlessly respawning Federal Navy flotilla of Blaster Moros at zero range.

Fixed that for you. It IS a Live Event, after all.

Caldari Fleet admiral was just from a bad batch of tube kids.

Leeroy Jenkins creche.

High marks for aggressiveness, low marks for long term planning.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #64 on: 04 May 2015, 12:32 »

The handful of events that were actually not too much railroad were probably the succession trials for Doriam (where capsuleer champions battled for their heir and Ecliptical won, which was not expected), or the T3 destroyer race. The outcome depended on the results, and CCP didn't rig or retconned it afaik.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #65 on: 04 May 2015, 12:37 »

The handful of events that were actually not too much railroad were probably the succession trials for Doriam (where capsuleer champions battled for their heir and Ecliptical won, which was not expected), or the T3 destroyer race. The outcome depended on the results, and CCP didn't rig or retconned it afaik.

Actually the succession trials where Doriam won was a 'whoops,' so I've been told by a few long time players. CCP had scripted Sarum to win all along. Thus why Doriam was eventually assassinated and Jamyl 'divine' return from the dead.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #66 on: 04 May 2015, 14:46 »

Yes, that's why I said not too much railroad... Since at least, they did not retcon it and rolled with it (unlike the caldari win at the Caldari Prime battle). Though considering she is back now, I can admit that... Ok.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: 05 May 2015, 06:55 »

That may work for you. But it does not have to work for others. This is the first time CCP has dedicated time to lore in a while. So what you'd rather get nothing? If so then I feel bad for you. But again that doesn't mean the rest of us are less for enjoying the content.
Anslo, I don't think CCP Falcon is a groundhog who skitters back into his den and goes to sleep for another few years at the sight of constructive criticism.

The bit I'm presently critiquing is likely not so much the fault of anyone currently working for CCP. If they're easing us out of one of the last remaining Empyrean Age plotlines (aside from, you know, that whole war thing), I applaud the move. Like many here, I prefer a mobile setting to an immobile one.

However, I also want to take the opportunity to point to the vast IC/OOC knowledge divide TEA created and say, "Okay, I'm liking where this is going, but this? This, right here? This didn't work so well. Maybe no spoilers next time?"

Anskek

« Reply #68 on: 05 May 2015, 07:24 »

Quote from: Aria Jenneth
Anslo, I don't think CCP Falcon is a groundhog who skitters back into his den and goes to sleep for another few years at the sight of constructive criticism.
What part of any of the last few extremely bitter threads has been constructive? Because I fail to see the constructive part, at all. I see finger pointing, blaming, doom saying and absolute foolishness.

The bit I'm presently critiquing is likely not so much the fault of anyone currently working for CCP. If they're easing us out of one of the last remaining Empyrean Age plotlines (aside from, you know, that whole war thing), I applaud the move. Like many here, I prefer a mobile setting to an immobile one.
Fair deuce. Your OP and other threads didn't seem to be reflecting that though so pardon me if I remain on the extremely defensive side.

However, I also want to take the opportunity to point to the vast IC/OOC knowledge divide TEA created and say, "Okay, I'm liking where this is going, but this? This, right here? This didn't work so well. Maybe no spoilers next time?"
Then perhaps you should reconsider how you word things before you post them.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 05 May 2015, 08:22 »

How do you put it? "Not empty quoting."

Your post is moving from talking about the game to talking about people. That's not going to go anywhere.

If you feel the topic isn't to your liking there's no mandate to jump in to let everyone know.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #70 on: 05 May 2015, 08:28 »

Dont know if I should join this conversation ot run while I still can.....

Lyn Farel

« Reply #71 on: 05 May 2015, 09:37 »

Quote from: Aria Jenneth
What part of any of the last few extremely bitter threads has been constructive? Because I fail to see the constructive part, at all. I see finger pointing, blaming, doom saying and absolute foolishness.

Fair deuce. Your OP and other threads didn't seem to be reflecting that though so pardon me if I remain on the extremely defensive side.

I don't know, I guess i'm the only one that understood it the right way then...

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #72 on: 05 May 2015, 10:17 »

Dont know if I should join this conversation ot run while I still can.....

Run. Fly you fools!
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #73 on: 05 May 2015, 10:27 »

« Last Edit: 05 May 2015, 10:31 by Silas Vitalia »

Anskek

« Reply #74 on: 05 May 2015, 10:56 »

How do you put it? "Not empty quoting."

Your post is moving from talking about the game to talking about people. That's not going to go anywhere.

If you feel the topic isn't to your liking there's no mandate to jump in to let everyone know.

So if I talk about how someone's interpretation of a game can impact a discussion about a game, I'm in the wrong. But if someone talks about my interpretation and attitude of new content in a game as, for lack of better terms, just accepting whatever when I shouldn't, that's ok?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8