Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So.. This is my intro, so umm.. Come read it! Or don't..  (Read 6870 times)

Integra Valentine

• Clonejack

But however will I embrace it while your jammed 90km's away? :P

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

One of my comrades saved the other day with his Falcon. 8)
-OOChé

Integra Valentine

• Clonejack

Because Falcon! :D

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool

But however will I embrace it while your jammed 90km's away? :P

Good luck doing that when your lockrange is below 10km.  :P

Integra Valentine

• Clonejack

Pro tip, (Just in advance, I am a statistics guy for my RL job) the chance of me jamming you out is better then you damping me at that range, And if we want to work out of optimal well.. I raise my 90 to 180km, hehe! ;) once I get my skills up we should test this.. Down the road of course, for funsies

Vizage

• Egger

There is no "Chance" on Damping. ECM is the only Diceroll E-war currently. As such your chance of "Sticking" your first Jam at 90km, which is Deep in Fall-off for most ECM boats and outright Out of Range in others is incredibly "chancey". Conversely, as long as the Damp-boat is within range, their dampeners will land. Albiet with some kind fall-off penalty. But at ranges like that losing 20-30km is basically your ability to target.

ECM is actually a more close quarter E-War than damp because the increased risk of missing a Jam makes it an all-or-nothing kind of Ewar. Damps on the other hand only lose the effective damp range when tilting deep into fall-off.

Integra Valentine

• Clonejack

My Kitsune build and Blackbird build can jam at over 100km Optimal, I even have one "For Laughs" build which has an Optimal of 134km, Way more then any Sensor Damp I can find in PYFA, and this is with a strength enough to Perma Jam Frigates, and have up to 62% chance on a Crusier (according to EVE Uni's charts and some math) but yes, I am aiming to focus on a Rook, so that is like 42km with Racial optimal I think, But yeah, close range as a focus, but it isnt the ECM Rule. That and an in fallout Sensor Damps can 'Miss' which is the same as a ECM failing its chance for all intents and purpose, no? ECM just has the Dice roll all the time with a 50% hit to the chance in Falloff, where as other EWAR is 100% working untill falloff, then it has a 50% chance to fail, or have I gotten that wrong? Lots of info in this game, cant get them all right :(

Vizage

• Egger

My Kitsune build and Blackbird build can jam at over 100km Optimal, I even have one "For Laughs" build which has an Optimal of 134km, Way more then any Sensor Damp I can find in PYFA, and this is with a strength enough to Perma Jam Frigates, and have up to 62% chance on a Crusier (according to EVE Uni's charts and some math) but yes, I am aiming to focus on a Rook, so that is like 42km with Racial optimal I think, But yeah, close range as a focus, but it isnt the ECM Rule. That and an in fallout Sensor Damps can 'Miss' which is the same as a ECM failing its chance for all intents and purpose, no? ECM just has the Dice roll all the time with a 50% hit to the chance in Falloff, where as other EWAR is 100% working untill falloff, then it has a 50% chance to fail, or have I gotten that wrong? Lots of info in this game, cant get them all right :(

Damps do not have a chance to "Miss" you've misread something, all damps take is a penalty to their effective dampening the deeper into falloff they are.

Also the Celestis Damps well out past an ECM boat (With rigs you can press it nearly to the hardlock 250KM targeting range!)

Integra Valentine

• Clonejack

Hmm.. Might have to go back and re-read it, oh well, thanks for pointing that out, and isn't that kind of pointless at that range? Wouldn't the Target that you have just given a max targeting range of 20km to that is 250km away just warp to within 10km of you and wreak your face? ECM boats don't have to worry about that right? Cause the Warp distance is 125-150? 150 I think.. Doesn't that give the Sensor Damps a pretty big weakness if working past 150km to the point where it also is a liability?
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015, 21:24 by Integra Valentine »

Vizage

• Egger

Warp range is 150km. But you can't Warp to a non-fleet ship no matter how far it is.

Lyn Farel

That debate sounds a bit silly no ? Usually when both ships can target each other at that range, the first one to lock the target is usually the one that will jamm the other one, no matter the ewar employed. Unless the ECM cycle fails at first but well.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool

Lol sorry for turning your thread into a discussion about ewar :P

Anyways Viz, when ewar is in its falloff range then it has a chance to fail. That is both TDs, Damps and TPs. And ECM gets a lower jam chance.

Vizage

• Egger

Miz is right, my apologies. Apparently I was sold a bill of sour goods by my friends on the actual content of the Eve Nerf. Apologies to Integra for the mistake on the effects of fall-off. The other stuff is correct though.

@Lyn
Yeah its generally down to who can lock first. Unfortunately unless you completely forgo tank or prop or other luxuries to fit additional sensor boosters for scan res. ECM boats tend to suffer.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger

Doesn't ECM have an inverse falloff so it has myopia?

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Quote from: OP
Topic: So.. This is my intro, so umm.. Come read it! Or don't..

Um, excuse me. Are you from Minnesota?

Because this is a ridiculously Minnesotan thing to say. Just the right amount of self-deprecating and passive-aggressive.  :lol:
Pages: 1 [2] 3