Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Author Topic: Welp  (Read 2783 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Welp
« on: 14 Jun 2010, 12:53 »

First mod/admin to get moderated.  Eat that, Ashar!

:cowbell:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
Re: Welp
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2010, 13:18 »

Congratulations?
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2010, 13:53 »

In a way, yes, actually.

I didn't find my post to be insulting toward anyone, merely citing an example of what I didn't agree with while stating that I didn't agree with it - I didn't intend to suggest that a particular playstyle was 'wrong', only that I avoided interacting with it for the reasons mentioned in the modded post.

However, someone else did find the post insulting, reported it and another moderator agreed enough to do something about it.  I think knowing that staffers can and will get modded can only be a good thing for the forum as a whole; reminds us to be extra careful and hopefully prevents the membership from feeling 'lorded over' by some kind of 'ruling class' which was a worry expressed early on.

The comment directed toward Ashar here in the OP is in relation to his list of forum achievements (including beating me to 100 posts somehow) xD

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2010, 14:10 »

Actually agree with you on the moderation issue. Just try to keep it in hand so you moderators don't end up following harsher rules than the rest of us.

"Congratulations" was for getting one over Ashar. "?" was pondering if getting one over Ashar was a good thing.  :lol:
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2010, 14:17 »

Worst moderator ever.  ;)

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2010, 17:45 »

epic :D

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2010, 19:08 »

I'm amazed Ashar hasn't posted himself yet - but I'll take the chance for a free post count since no one new has registered for me to pester.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2010, 20:26 »

I'm amazed Ashar hasn't posted himself yet - but I'll take the chance for a free post count since no one new has registered for me to pester.

Ashar operates in cycles. He'll hibernate for a few months, maybe a season, and then suddenly reappear and erupt into a frenzy of posts for an approximately equal amount of time before exhausting himself into dormancy again. :P

He may be on the wane again now.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2010, 01:04 »

Or he might have taken the banhammer to his face again, I can't keep track... :lol:

He'll find this thread eventually. And then he'll post, and everything will be hilarious. (♥ you too Ashykins.)

Edit: As I commented in the moderator area, seeing someone report a moderator's post (and then having it actually addressed in some fashion) is a really nice thing to see. Please don't be afraid to report the posts of moderators and admins if you think they violate the rules; we might be the ones enforcing them but we are just as responsible for following them as everyone else.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2010, 01:06 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2010, 06:37 »

What the fuck? Morwen, your cool points have been confiscated for being a mod and not knowing who is and isn't banned on the forum you mod :P

Havvo, your man points have been confiscated for lording it over me because of an achievement I neither set my sights on nor have any way of approaching while I seek to preserve separation between staff members for any chunks of the community I am involved with, including OOC and here. But good job.

And Natalcya, that is not an entirely accurate description. Mostly my life just gets wrecked and I come back - the only time I ragequit was when they introduced FW, had a hamfisted plot with the Caldari involving killing my second favorite CEO and promoting Heth, shitting on Midular, and making TonyG publish novels.

However, if we're having this thread for reals, there is a fine line between being appropriately moderated by staff as a staffer when you say something that you neither thought of as nor intended to be offensive and simply communicating in a politically (or socially) correct and anemic environment. Be careful, guys, you kind of straddle that line now by definition.

By the way, if your getting moderated in any way involved a consideration of my report of a certain post, understand that was almost entirely facetious and meant as a sort of rhetorical flourish in your direction that could have been undertaken over PMs or in public; I very rarely report anything at all as in need of moderation. If it was, call it an intentional rule validity check exploring what happens when you feed a proactive administration questionable data and think it over - people will feed you much more questionable data in future.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2010, 09:51 »

By the way, if your getting moderated in any way involved a consideration of my report of a certain post, understand that was almost entirely facetious and meant as a sort of rhetorical flourish in your direction that could have been undertaken over PMs or in public; I very rarely report anything at all as in need of moderation. If it was, call it an intentional rule validity check exploring what happens when you feed a proactive administration questionable data and think it over - people will feed you much more questionable data in future.
Nah, wasn't yours - but that one was considered and a request that I post clarification of my points in a less aggressive tone was made, which I complied with.

That is to say, any and all reports are taken seriously - even if no moderation results, it doesn't mean the report was ignored.

Twitter