Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Author Topic: Falcon Speaks on CONCORD!  (Read 1880 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Falcon Speaks on CONCORD!
« on: 14 Feb 2015, 14:02 »

Lyn Farel

Re: Falcon Speaks on CONCORD!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2015, 14:21 »

That's cool...

I wonder if we could also get answers on other things as well...  :psyccp:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2015, 17:31 »

We already knew from some of their older fiction that CONCORD uses the best of everyone's technology (including Amarr lasers as weapons, woo!).

The most interesting thing about this was that they use hybrid assemblages of existing hulls rather than ones developed for their own purposes. Makes me wonder if there's some sort of SI unit set developed by CONCORD/SCC for standardization between the Big 4, as there's no rational reason all of them would use the same ones to begin with.

I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2015, 07:24 »

I am so sick of CCP screwing up the lore like this. It's bordering on the ridiculous. First Incarna, and now this? How are we expected to stick to any storyline if CCP keeps changing the lore on us every single time? It's almost as if I'm just making fun of people who bitch about CCP's lore efforts, it makes me so angry! I literally cannot find anything wrong with Falcon's post, but I'm not going to sit around and just tolerate this blatant retcon of existing lore.

At this point, I'm just going to quit EVE. It's such a crapshoot as to whether the lore is written to my personal preferences or not, and my fifteen dollars a month is more important than anything else CCP needs to be considering right now, so I'm going to send Falcon a strongly worded thank you for making a post in the forums about this. It sure does prove my point about CCP's half-assed attempts in writing lore, mainly that they arne't half-assed at all and this entire post is a giant parody of my earlier rage posts.

TL;DR

Cool post, Veroni Macaroni. Would read again.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2015, 12:30 »

More information is always good.  Hope to see more of the same, especially if more of the lore team get some spare time to throw their hat into the ring in the same way. 

Retcon or not, old or new, lore provided by CCP is canonical and thus I want more of it :P

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2015, 15:37 »

Fairly certain this isn't a retcon, I can't put my finger on the chronicle/devblog/devpost but I am postive I have read about the be being based on the Apoc before.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:14 »

Guys I was joking.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:27 »

Guys I was joking.

Noticed. Barely.

The problem with parodying rants is that rants get so extreme and unreasonable that it's hard to make it obvious that what you've written is a parody and not a rant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:28 »

Guys I was joking.

Noticed. Barely.

The problem with parodying rants is that rants get so extreme and unreasonable that it's hard to make it obvious that what you've written is a parody and not a rant.

In this case, Kat pretty clearly stated as a tl;dr that he was joking, so... anyone who couldn't tell either didn't actually read his post, or got it completely backwards and assumed the tl;dr was the parody.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:54 »

Guys I was joking.

Noticed. Barely.

In this case, Kat pretty clearly stated as a tl;dr that he was joking, so... anyone who couldn't tell either didn't actually read his post, or got it completely backwards and assumed the tl;dr was the parody.
Sometimes interpretation is hard. There's a reason there's a college major in this stuff.

... Several, now I think on it.

I -did- get it, but I'm not going to throw rocks at people who didn't.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2015, 09:55 »

Kat's post made me feel like this:

I have to admit that despite me reading it was a parody, I felt like reading it again, just to make sure.
-OOChé

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2015, 10:25 »

The thing with CONCORD has never been that their ships are better, just that they can instantly be wherever there is a problem.

Regardless of the Empyrean Age Jamyl/Elder Derpfest, the premise of CONCORD HQ getting shat on but a giant siege fleet and the whole network shutting down and everyone immediately taking advantage was a very interesting idea.

I would have added some more levels of some of the other member nations unilaterally withdrawing from the Yulai Accords and the whole thing going to hell.  CONCORD could then be a faction you could join trying to keep the peace on the border or something.