Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [I-RED] Event announcement: To be always prepared...  (Read 7484 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: [I-RED] Event announcement: To be always prepared...
« Reply #30 on: 27 Feb 2015, 13:52 »

I'd like to remind everybody that this is all roleplaying, and we strongly encourage characters and players like Anslo to get involved on the angry side of the coin. There's plenty of room for people to get upset at and attack I-RED over some very possible offenses we may or may not have made. This is why everything is written so ambiguously, so that Anslo has a justification to make such demands and play his role without being objectively "wrong".

OOCly, it's all just roleplay though!

I'd like to reiterate these points. :)

As an aside, I have found it particularly interesting that PY-RE has sort of vaguely come to I-RED's defense. Honestly I was expecting them to be harassing I-RED about the recent happenings. It is really all quite fascinating. I sort of view it akin to how the megas interact. They like to poke and harass each other but when it comes to certain issues, they stand together as one. Very, very interesting. :)

Furthermore, I-RED has stood largely unopposed throughout this storyline, until only recently. It is nice to know we are not hated enough for people to really try going against us.  :cube:
At the same time, moar conflikt is guuud

On Kala's end of things, she has at least relatively fond memories of her time in I-RED. Plus, she has a pretty serious dislike of the people who seem to be doing most of the aggression  :lol:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Anskek

« Reply #31 on: 27 Feb 2015, 13:58 »

My throat hurts Kat. Help me :(

Why?
Cause dumb office ppl came in sick and made me sick toooooooo

edit: Soooo yeah, get push back, and just hand wave a buncha timely Evacs?...really?.....just wow.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2015, 14:26 by Anskek »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #32 on: 27 Feb 2015, 15:34 »

I think Leela's statement could have been phrased better, but in the end, I see no problems with it. If we are to go on the assumption that POCOs have baseliner crews operating them, which makes sense I suppose, then it seems logical that they'd be able to easily evacuate once a POCO enters reinforced mode...since, y'know, they're invulnerable.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Anskek

« Reply #33 on: 27 Feb 2015, 15:40 »

A structure. Sure. But every single structure you all have in Syndi right now? Really? So I drop in and suddenly the targets are magically empty?

Whatever. GLHF. Out.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 27 Feb 2015, 15:49 »

You do know we have only left a skeleton of our infrastructure in Syndicate. POCO's have been under attack and lost over the past 4 months, measures no doubt would have been taken to retain personnel.

That said there are still skeleton crews plugging away so we can make every isk we can before they are destroyed.

Edit: Also cases like AK may still be abound. Who knows, but really getting miffed OOCly over it isn't necessary.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2015, 15:51 by John Revenent »

Anskek

« Reply #35 on: 27 Feb 2015, 16:02 »

Not miffed at all. Good luck with your arc.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #36 on: 27 Feb 2015, 17:00 »

A structure. Sure. But every single structure you all have in Syndi right now? Really? So I drop in and suddenly the targets are magically empty?

Whatever. GLHF. Out.
I-RED doesn't have infrastructure aside from POCOs that you can assault...unless you want to try assaulting the administrative offices we rent out from the Ishukone stations in Syndicate, but I don't think that would go too well for you. I-RED might have some hidden facilities on remote planets, but those facilities are just that...hidden.

Now taking hostages from the Ishukone corporation transports and whatnot that operate in the region wouldn't be implausible.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. I fully plan to end the arc well.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2015, 17:04 by Korsavius »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #37 on: 27 Feb 2015, 19:28 »

As a side note, it's standard RP procedure to evacuate personnel from targeted structures, especially if they have a reinforcement timer we can take advantage of. I had no idea you were attacking POCOs because you didn't actually say that, otherwise I'd have ordered an evac last night and relayed that info to you when it first began.

I don't know how Leela knew what you were doing and I didn't, maybe I just missed a killmail or something.

I'm sorry you had to find out through an IGS post, because honestly I'd have told you immediately if I knew about it so Anslo would be able to react in real-time.

Anskek

« Reply #38 on: 27 Feb 2015, 19:59 »

The point was to not know. Anslo acts first and talks later. Not vice versa. Either way. Meh.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 27 Feb 2015, 20:02 »

Well, what's done is done then I suppose. The story shall go on!

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #40 on: 27 Feb 2015, 20:16 »

The POCOs are registered to I-RAT, Kat. Not RDC.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #41 on: 28 Feb 2015, 06:25 »

The POCOs are registered to I-RAT, Kat. Not RDC.

That would explain it.

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
« Reply #42 on: 28 Feb 2015, 08:05 »

Hey folks, apologies for my absence, but crisis at work! So that goes first.

Shame tho, I had actually a fully prepared response in case of the lawyers death (I expected him to die tbh) But as too much time has passed, it would feel awkward / out of place now. So IC'ly, what happens now is that Aurora Arcology sends out an investigation team to the site of attack & possibly try to get some wreckage to verify Gurista involvement and a conclusion on the destruction of the I-RED transport.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 28 Feb 2015, 10:31 »

The point was to not know. Anslo acts first and talks later. Not vice versa. Either way. Meh.

Not trying to dogpile on you Anslo, but based on IGS posts, I-REDs move out of syndicate, and how this Jordan Kaine thing started, I had pretty much assumed from the start you meant to bash more POCOs.

Anskek

« Reply #44 on: 28 Feb 2015, 12:11 »

Well when you post saying they're evacuating ALL POCOS on a whim, it makes it pretty pointless. I knew IRED left Syndi. But given the incident occurred in Syndi, and me thinking Ishu had a lore based tie to Syndi, I thought killing assets there would matter. And in one post it was all made irrelevant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4