Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz  (Read 2797 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz
« on: 27 Jan 2015, 15:38 »

So as a few of you already know, I've been toying around with streaming over the last week and a half or so. Did a run-through of Black Mesa to sort of get the hang of things, and have done a little bit of streaming of Elite: Dangerous, Transistor and Audiosurf (the last one is likely to be muted by twitch by its very nature soon if it hasn't been already, sadface) yesterday.

I'd like to try making it an at least semi-regular thing (which beyond being something to do, would also allow me to continue trying to find the optimal settings for the broadcast software, which has been having some weird issues), and wouldn't mind suggestions on what people might like to see streamed. Here's a list of things from my Steam/Origin libraries that I'd be up for doing:
- Audiosurf (might not play well with twitch because of HURR DURR MUSIC COPYWRONG)
- Black Mesa and other Half-Life stuff (including Opposing Force/Blue Shift, Portal 1&2)
- Bioshock series (1, 2, Infinite)
- Borderlands (1&2, don't have PS; would love to have other people along if I'm going to stream that)
- Contrast
- Crysis (1, 2, Warhead - need to reinstall)
- Elite: Dangerous (I'm a little too casual with this for some people, so YMMV)
- Mass Effect series (all, single or multiplayer - if I do this, Karm I'm looking at you)
- Mirror's Edge (because why not make people seasick)
- Transistor

Editing in a progress tracker for things I have/am streaming where that's relevant:
- Black Mesa (1 run completed)
- Contrast (1 run completed)
- Elite: Dangerous (ongoing)
- Mass Effect (ME2: done with first Omega visit)
- Mirror's Edge (Ropeburn)
- Skyrim (ongoing, almost done with Dawnguard)
- Transistor (ongoingish, Highrise)
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2015, 21:26 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2015, 15:43 »

- Mirror's Edge (because why not make people seasick)
Would watch.  SUPERB game.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2015, 16:24 »

I could never be arsed actually playing through the whole Bioshock 1/2, as the games simply bored me gameplay wise, while having a story I'd love to see. I doubt I'll actually watch anything live, but if your channel sets up VODs afterwards, I'll watch that.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2015, 16:30 »

Twitch apparently keeps VOD for a couple weeks before purging, because of the metrics of how views work on them. I'd have to set up export to youtube to keep them around for longer than that.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2015, 17:05 »

[..]did a little bit of streaming of Elite: Dangerous, Transistor and Audiosurf (the last one is likely to be muted by twitch by its very nature soon if it hasn't been already, sadface) yesterday.[..]
* Ché Biko raises his eyebrow  :|
Audiosurf?
* Ché Biko googles Audiosurf
Hmm. Music game.  :)
 :eek: HMM! Music racing!
And you can use your own music!
AAnd even my system can run it!
AAAnd it's cheap!
 :o OMGWHYDIDINOTKNOWABOUTTHISIMUSTHAVETHISNOW!
...or as soon as I get back from vacation.

I am often in a mood where I want to do more than listening to music and watching visuals, but not a lot more...this is perfect.
 :cube:
-OOChé

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2015, 17:15 »

You're welcome. :P

Audiosurf is a lot of fun. Both versions are very very cheap on Steam. Some music works better than others, unfortunately - it is not very fond of classical music. It seems to do well with rock and roll, pop, and more electronic stuff.

I haven't checked if twitch nuked the audio from my play last night. If it didn't you can take a look at some gameplay there. :)

Edit: Added a poll, so go ahead and vote for what you want to see me stream most (multiple choices are okay). If something's not on that list that you'd like to see, feel free to mention it. Who knows, I might own it.

I'd prefer not to stream EVE (beyond opsec/privacy I'd melt your eyes with my channel count), and STO is a bit... boring, to stream, personally. But if enough people want STO I might reconsider. :)
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2015, 17:21 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2015, 20:07 »

I'm all for you having fun and doing this but I must offer a small troll in that you should watch the last two episodes of South Park specifically dealing with watching people play games on the internet instead of playing them yourself :P

Gl though for real I'll check it out

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2015, 20:25 »

Borderlands? Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

You have my sword!

I'll get myself a bottle of jagermeister and we can show the world 1) how horrible I am 2) how broken Sal the Gunzerker is.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2015, 20:42 »

Borderlands? Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

You have my sword!

I'll get myself a bottle of jagermeister and we can show the world 1) how horrible I am 2) how broken Sal the Gunzerker is.

All I have to say about Sal is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuGsy1m8cU#t=175
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2015, 05:32 »

I'd definitely watch when I had the time. More because its you than the game youd be playing even though Mass Effect and Elite got my votes  :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2015, 13:33 »

Mass Effect appears to be in the lead at the moment, so now that I've gotten a little ED streaming out of the way for today, maybe I'll do a little of that tonight if I'm not doing other stuff.

Latency Effect is a go! (And yes, I'm going to start with the first one.)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2015, 14:34 »

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIM

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2015, 23:50 »

Actually on second thought I may stream a little STO tomorrow if I'm not busy with other things. Played through some of the new content tonight and really enjoyed it (and was just talking w/ one of the community devs on twitter about it), so it might be nice to share some of it with more people.

Will run through some of the anniversary content, most likely - not the new/reworked Romulan episodes, but the Dust to Dust episode for the anniversary, and maybe the little event missions.

(Spoiler alert - if you play STO and haven't played the Delta Quadrant content through to the end, don't watch the stream if you want to avoid spoilers, k)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2015, 00:43 »

Been hearing a lot about the Delta Quadrant stuff. How do they manage to improve space combat all the time while still failing utterly in making the rest of the game playable?

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2015, 00:48 »

I demandz facecam for...reasons
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17
Pages: [1] 2