Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz  (Read 2796 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemz
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2015, 08:29 »

Been hearing a lot about the Delta Quadrant stuff. How do they manage to improve space combat all the time while still failing utterly in making the rest of the game playable?

The only parts of the game I really haven't at least toyed with so far are PVP content and some of the much higher-tier fleet mechanics. There are a few PVE queues I haven't done yet either but I think they're the less-popular ones since it's always been an issue of getting enough people to queue for it in order to start it. Everything else is generally quite playable and fairly enjoyable, to me at least.

It's not a game I can usually sit down and play for hours and hours at a time but I do enjoy what there is. There have been a lot of revamps lately too; R&D was completely redone from the ground up last year and is WAY simpler to deal with even though I haven't built much of anything yet, bridge officer training was just redone and is a little more sensible - and in fact was partially merged with the R&D system and the market. You now build skillbooks through a special 'school' in the R&D menu, which you can then either give to bridge officers to make them learn a skill permanently (once they know a skill they can switch between them on the fly out of combat if you wish) or you can sell them on the exchange for EC.

I demandz facecam for...reasons
The only camera I own is built into the bezel of my 8-year-old laptop (that can't even run flash). It isn't going to get used and I'm not getting a separate one so you're just going to have to make do with my David Sedaris-alike voice.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2015, 08:32 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2015, 19:08 »

I'm all for you having fun and doing this but I must offer a small troll in that you should watch the last two episodes of South Park specifically dealing with watching people play games on the internet instead of playing them yourself :P

Gl though for real I'll check it out

I'm all for saving money and or enjoying a story without giving EA money. Worked for Dead Space 2 + 3 and Mass Effect 2 + 3.

Also I am voting for Elite cos I know very little about it.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2015, 19:10 by Nissui »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2015, 02:46 »

I'll have to agree that sometimes a decent let's play will be a better alternative than sinking the time and money into the game yourself. For instance, I absolutely -love- the Dead Space setting and concept. It's a great space horror concept, but the games themselves are just flat out terribad as far as horror goes. Relying entirely on jumpscares and being really bad creating atmosphere and fear, they've reduced it to... well...

... it's "horror" for the Gears of War kind of person. "OOOGLARARGBLARGH LOOK HOW SCARY I AM WITH ALL THESE CLAWS AND SKULLS AND GLOWY BITS AND SHIT BLAARGH! LET ME MAKE SURE I'M FULLY LIGHTED SO YOU CAN BE PROPERLY SCARED SEEING EVERY DETAIL!" which basically means once you've seen a baddie you've seen all the baddies and all suspense went out the bloody window. It's an action shooter, not a horror game by any stretch. As a PC gamer, I'm quite simply used to higher standards and proper horror. Hell, even something like FEAR managed to be scarier and there's only like two points in the entire game where Alma could even touch you.

So, hate the games, but love the story and setting? Wat do?

Jesse Cox let's plays save the day. I can even watch them while playing something else. I get the story etc, while bad game publishers don't get my money. Voila.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2015, 11:24 »

I'm all for saving money and or enjoying a story without giving EA money. Worked for Dead Space 2 + 3 and Mass Effect 2 + 3.

I have to say Mass Effect 3 is a great value simply for the multiplayer. The game is frequently on sale for about $5 and will probably still have a crowd of people playing multiplayer until the servers go down. I've personally played over 700 hours of just multiplayer which is more time spent than all of my replays through the single player trilogy. I don't mind paying EA for something that is going to entertain me for months.

Also, I think Elite Dangerous is the thing I'd like to see streamed the most as I can't play that. My graphics card can't handle it.  :cry:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jan 2015, 12:09 »

Elite is probably going to end up being a "I'm not doing anything but why not stream something" thing because it's pretty open-ended.

Thinking I'll get a Mirror's Edge run out of the way today while I'm waiting on some stuff, so that'll be up shortly.

Edit: Ok, that game is making me a little queasier than I expected. Going to have to do it 2-3 chapters at a time. x.x

Edit 2: I will stream some more Mirror's Edge tonight after Kor's event tonight concludes. Check the stream sometime between 04:30 and 05:00 EVE.

Edit 3: Mirror's Edge is being incredibly uncooperative (as is the streaming itself) tonight. Gonna shelve it for now and go with something else.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2015, 23:10 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

« Reply #20 on: 02 Feb 2015, 11:08 »

So I tuned in to a few streams this weekend, watched some Endless Legend play and someone's A:I attempt on Nightmare difficulty. I also peeked in to a few E:D channels and was surprised by how little seemed to be happening in the game. Might have just been a low-key portion of the game or maybe just a couple dull streamers. 

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 02 Feb 2015, 11:37 »

E:D is actually kinda dull to watch atm outside of combat, which I haven't really gotten into yet - I kind of want to finish off the next Trading rank and am not sure if I want to go for the next exploration one before I go back to bounty hunting. It's why I haven't streamed a ton of it yet, issues w/ keeping the stream steady aside.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 04 Dec 2015, 23:26 »

As an FYI I'm doing a 24h stream for the Extra Life charity tomorrow starting at 10AM US Eastern (1500 EVE time).

Plan at the moment is to do Life is Strange from start to finish, interspersed with a little bit of EVE (either doing some Drifter Incursions on Naoko w/ the Consortium, Spectre Fleet and ISN, or restreaming Bacchanalian's "Kill an Aeon for Kids" event that will be going on at 1900 EVE) and possibly a Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel run with Bacch, Gorion and Steff.

Feel free to drop in and watch, shit up chat and/or donate if you want.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
Pages: 1 [2]