Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Author Topic: Whispers in the Dark: an Experiment in interactive storytelling  (Read 2313 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1334516

And so begins what I hope will successful redefine my character. Part ARG, part storyline, all roleplay.

All the pieces have been set in place for what I hope will be a series of events to rival CCPs dev run ones. I can't complete this alone, its designed to require quite a bit of cooperation among the players to solve the mystery unfolding.

The pieces have been set in place and its time to play.

I will say only this in regards of where to go from here: Nothing is as it seems, read between the lines. What appears to be useless information at first, is most certainly not. Everything matters.

Good luck.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger

Hey, Nikita. I can probably understand what you're going through after having to take in all those comments from that thread. I also respect that you're attempting to work with that criticism in some way, to change your character in some form. But, I have a feeling you're not going to like me regardless after this post.

First, while I'm not going to try to dictate how you should roleplay, I would like to point out a few things. During the course of the Sansha event, we had a couple others falling under the 'viral assimilation' angle, with different people taking different directions with it... you know Nikiruu and ECHAeries stand out among them.

While I'm sure everyone can perhaps experiance it differently, I've always thought from a non-Borg entity like Sansha, but still ruling that in some form possess a 'hive mind' (which I don't even think the Sansha roleplayers are even refuting), I would imagine the transition via this method would be less hostile or maleviolent in nature. It would try to rationalize everything that is happening to you as 'right', and coaxing you into feeling that its something wonderful happening. In a creepy sort of 'It alllll makes sense now... I understand." way. Afterall, if players non-Sansha, and Sansha alike, believe there is a hive mind controlled by Kuvakei (or True Slave Kuvakei proxy), it is within PF to be transmitted these thoughts as he was considered to be both 'charismatic' and 'charming'. That said, I think ECHAeries' log on the IGS is closer to PF.

Finally, I believe the transition would be painless. Reading stuff like Caldari Torture Methods, paints such mind alteration in a different light.

Sorry if I got to be the one pushing more ciriticism, here.
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 12:34 by Arvo Katsuya »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

tsk tsk, Arvo, assumptions assumptions.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger

It's an educated assumption. ;)

For what little the PF speaks compliments of Sansha, people don't seem to give that the benefit. Sansha is a charamastic, charming, and polite fellow. Said in PF, acted accordingly during event.

People believe there is, as to some extent or level, a linking of minds. To Kuvakei's will, perhaps.

Would it not make sense that his words be dripping with honey? You catch more flies with that, than vinegar, as the saying goes.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many

Arvo care to point where that log says Echa is "infected"?  8)
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

you so quickly assume its Sansha Kuvekai.....

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger

...huh. How embarassing. I thought as much of the way she described it over and over in Summit alluding to that, it would be in there somewhere in that log too when I remembered reading it. I could be totally wrong then on that one.

Don't I still have a point otherwise on this? :s

you so quickly assume its Sansha Kuvekai.....

...is a hive mind controlled by Kuvakei (or True Slave Kuvakei proxy),

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many

Perhaps some IC research is in order?  ;)
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

I've modified the original topic a bit because people weren't finding the first message.

also, if you are still trying to decrypt the message, try miasma.

^^

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod

I'm hope your enjoying this as much as I am, there is a new topic if you haven't seen it yet:

Something Lost Something Found