Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Achura has been part of the State for three centuries? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Coming to Eve Online in Proteus, Jan 13th, and an Update on Sovereignty  (Read 10913 times)

Anskek

And they pod you. Unless that was a bug.
FC I'm scared what do

Anyanka Funk

I hope not.  :twisted:

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

FC I'm scared what do
Bring more bros, until tidi.  Once we establish tidi, we'll out-patience them to death.  Right?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

FC I'm scared what do
Bring more bros, until tidi.  Once we establish tidi, we'll out-patience them to death.  Right?

Those are drones, not pubbies. They will willingly wait forever.

Still, sounds fun. Instant undock at all stations!
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2015, 20:12 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs

My new undocking policy
Always cloaked, all the time

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

would be good thou, since you no longer have clones or costs associated with podding (unless you happen to use expensive implants  :twisted:)

Letos

So they forgot to mention that sleeper scouts will now rek your shit in Proteus. They will follow you. They will station camp you. They will blob you. And they damage modules.

rip

Those peacefully roaming Circadian Seekers already scare me to death every time a bunch of them appears on the overview after a gate jump. :D Anything alien following me through stargates would definitely put the panic factor up another notch or two!

Anyanka Funk

would be good thou, since you no longer have clones or costs associated with podding (unless you happen to use expensive implants  :twisted:)

I meant I hope it is not a bug. But it is or hoax. They don't pod. But that would add something new and I would enjoy it.

* Anyanka Funk buys high-grade ascendancy set

:twisted: :evil: :twisted:
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2015, 10:29 by Anyanka Funk »

Anskek

TISHU confirmed to RP as serbian alliance to remove the sleeper kebab and keep everyone safe.

xaxa))))))))

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

http://youtu.be/SVSe0MX6qOY

Circadian sleepers confirmed to pod by a very excitable man. Not confirmed if this is a bug or a feature.

Also, their damage to pods is so low, you'd have to be literally asleep to get podded.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs

http://youtu.be/SVSe0MX6qOY

Circadian sleepers confirmed to pod by a very excitable man. Not confirmed if this is a bug or a feature.

Also, their damage to pods is so low, you'd have to be literally asleep to get podded.

Counting down to your killmail

Ashley

• Wetgraver

Well, I don't tend to call people noobs, but yes. It is a solution to most problems in Eve. You brought a rock vs that other guy's paper? Fleet up with a scissor. They brought logi but equal numbers? Bring ECM. Everything has a counter and in a massively multiplayer game, balance is not made around solo.

If this change means you don't have advance warning when something lands on the gate to your PLEX? Deal with it or have a scout there. You can't scan what's inside the PLEX? Well shit, that's already a thing with scan disruptors. Guess they're borked too, you know... unless you scout first.

Nothing wrong with having to interact with others to succeed in this game.
Deal with it is a great solution to everything, just like blobing. D-scan immunity is a gimmicky change that wasn't really needed imo.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

You know, how come no one got huffy about the other kind of d-scan immunity that those other recons have always had? Cloaks. Now there's a d-scan immunity you can't even spot with scouts. They're hardly gamebreaking and are common everywhere.

I just don't see what the problem with this d-scan immunity is. I don't fly combat recons so I'm not gaining anything from this, so I don't have a horse in the "must have" race. I'm just not seeing any problem with this being used against me. If I sit in a plex I'm going to need a scout or be ready and aligned if I want to be "safe", and frankly why would I want that if I'm in a plex?

Could someone explain exactly why this is a bad change?

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger

I just don't see what the problem with this d-scan immunity is. I don't fly combat recons so I'm not gaining anything from this, so I don't have a horse in the "must have" race. I'm just not seeing any problem with this being used against me. If I sit in a plex I'm going to need a scout or be ready and aligned if I want to be "safe", and frankly why would I want that if I'm in a plex?

Could someone explain exactly why this is a bad change?

It makes protecting a wormhole system more time-consuming/tedious. In smaller systems, you can find one or two spots that will let you d-scan pretty much everything. Granted, it doesn't spot cloaks, but in order for that cloaked ship to steal your resources (i.e. mine, harvest or run sites), they have to decloak. With d-scan immune combat recons, they can be in a site, and you won't even know they're there: no local, no d-scan. The only way to even know they're there is to go into the site itself and/or have someone do nothing but site parked, cloaked off every wormhole.

They'll become the defacto tackle in wormholes. Site the DPS safely outside, send in a Lachesis (or, worse, a Lachesis and any other combat recon) to tackle, and the DPS squad has plenty of time to jump in and warp to the victim.

Similar issues apply to faction warfare. You won't be able to check complexes on d-scan. You'll have to go in, slide the gate and visually verify whether there's a recon in there. And you'll have to use a combat recon to do, otherwise, the recon in the site will see it coming and just move.

Unlike the Mobile Scan Inhibitor that PYRE used in Arnstur, you at least knew something was there. You didn't know what, but you knew something was there.

Like Ashley said, it's gimmicky. Yeah, it gives combat recons a reason to be used. I know there generally wasn't a reason to take Rook over a Falcon, unless your pilot couldn't use a cov-ops cloak. All it's doing is putting in an arms race/escalation.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

All I knew was that there was a disruptor in there. I had no idea if there was a fleet waiting. You can drop those things all over the place if you want.

And yes, this means you have to actually scout places to be sure and that's a wonderful thing. You give utility to a ship that's got little of it, giving it a slightly wider niche to live in. It means you have to be prepared for the notion that just hitting d-scan every two seconds will no longer save you from any and all hostiles. This sounds fantastic to me.

There's literally nothing bad about this to me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4