Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What would you do  (Read 5161 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: What would you do
« Reply #30 on: 20 Dec 2014, 07:56 »

PYRE eagerly awaits your wardecs  ;)

John decided sexual warfare is the preferred method of punishment, Kala... so bend over and present your docking bay.  :eek:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #31 on: 20 Dec 2014, 07:57 »

Was about to say, you see a lot of deccing/mercing smaller corps, but when the hell do you see bigger/better outfits get decced? When are you deccing Pyre for talking shit/scooping up every Sansha in the cluster? When's U'K getting decced for talking shit about the Amarrians? For all the "Yeah, no backtalk bitches" it does seem to be rather selective, isn't it?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #32 on: 20 Dec 2014, 08:00 »

PYRE eagerly awaits your wardecs  ;)

John decided sexual warfare is the preferred method of punishment, Kala... so bend over and present your docking bay.  :eek:

I'm afraid the leather bondage suit doesn't allow for much bending  :lol:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #33 on: 20 Dec 2014, 08:07 »

Was about to say, you see a lot of deccing/mercing smaller corps, but when the hell do you see bigger/better outfits get decced? When are you deccing Pyre for talking shit/scooping up every Sansha in the cluster? When's U'K getting decced for talking shit about the Amarrians? For all the "Yeah, no backtalk bitches" it does seem to be rather selective, isn't it?

Big reason why I feel being overzealous with deccing is a bad idea. Getting into the habit obligates you into doing it even when you are the underdog, or risk taking a hit to credibility that is likely more damaging than the petty insult in question.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2014, 08:11 by Samira Kernher »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #34 on: 20 Dec 2014, 08:30 »

It's not practical in every case to go after a smacktalker on the other side of the cluster. People talk shit to I-RED all the time, and while we are fully capable of taking on almost any other roleplaying group toe-to-toe, we're not going to deploy to Great Wildlands because you happen to live there and run your mouth all the time.  Even more likely we'll ignore you, but in the off chance you actually put some effort into your aggressive roleplaying and look like you might be fun to mess with, we'll hire mercs.

I-RED almost never wardecs others directly, and when we do, it's only because John genuinely thinks the other party can provide fun for the whole alliance.

But since people have some questions, I'll answer why we didn't wardec PYRE: We didn't need to.

Back when we lived in Syndicate we were much larger and more "dug in", while PYRE was a much smaller and more agile target and not really something worth declaring war on. I don't mean that insultingly, of course. Just that, we had already set Pyre red (we are NRDS in lowsec), and Pyre had set us neutral (Pyre was NBSI). If we were going to encounter each other, the stage was already set for a fight. We didn't need to drop ISK on a wardec on top of that. It would be a burden on us to go find and fight Pyre on their own turf, so we never bothered to.

On the roleplaying side, we weren't interested in setting ourselves up for even more smacktalk by attacking a seemingly prominent member of the Caldari Militia directly with a very public and very grandiose wardec, which goes back to John's preference of hiring mercs. We told Pyre if they came upon us, we'd shoot them, and that was all we needed to do.

I-RED has never really been one for playing with wardecs much. We're often the subject of them, so it's not as if we don't like them - it's just not our style to declare war most of the time.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 Dec 2014, 11:57 »

That would be new then. I can recall the permanent state of war running between EM and PIE. However the militias and the ability of alliances to join them removed much of the motivation for that.

I can see Kat's point though. If you want to fight then come and deploy near the people you want to fight. CAIN where kind enough to do that back in the day. Unfortunately for them the Black Rabbits decided to follow them down to the Republic.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 20 Dec 2014, 15:12 »

Going to war over insults is kind of well.. a waste of effort. As Kat has stated if we went to war over every petty insult we would be forever in war. Wars are objective based, at least for us and rarely fought by us. (Why put your assets on the line, screwing up logistics and core goals/efforts elsewhere when mercs can do it for you.)

I guess it depends on how thick ones skin is, or how cool one wants to seem to his peers. *Insert big kid smashing small kids face in around a bunch of his peers*

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 20 Dec 2014, 22:05 »

Sorry, but just because you talk shit doesn't entitle you to us coming down there to find you and wait outside station for two weeks. If anything, it places the onus on you to come where we live and back your fuckin words up.

Basically this. 

It's been my experience that people who talk shit and actually mean to back it up IC are about 1% of roleplayers. 

The ones who do mean it are already on the way to shoot you and know where you are, wardecs usually unnecessary. 

I can't stress it enough that most talking of smack IC is so much empty air.  To wardec in response is nearly always wasting time.

Believe me if they actually want to fight and have fun they'll let you know and you'll set something up.

Much of these issues stem from the fact many roleplayers assign mary sue invulnerable status to their characters, and the idea of having this fiction damaged by losing face by being exploded publicly is enough to send most of them clamoring for the exit.

My absolute most favorite RPers and the ones I've always had the most respect for in eve are the ones who don't mind their characters losing now and then, being embarrassed, or occasionally exploding.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 20 Dec 2014, 22:12 »

Exactly. I do miss you Silias </3

The hurf durf smacktalk (Like calling people out for not undocking due to TZ differences or otherwise) is generally ignored or just labelled as children, at least that is how I approach them. However subtle intelligent debates, or slights are more likely to gain a response.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2014, 22:16 by John Revenent »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #39 on: 09 Jan 2015, 21:45 »

When someone insults you, you can just reply back. I try not to leave anyone insults against me unnoticed, so if someone wants to start something against me, I will make sure they will get a lot for it :D

However, there is a more elegant solution, as mutual insults are just boring and move away from discussion :/

I have applied it on someone on IGS, who was insulting and lying about my character. I simply challenged her to duel in any way (both rp duel like in person, or in ship, more eve-like to her choice), as it could solve conflict down. She declined.

Now I have this topic and can call her out anytime I want by poking her for being a coward and liar  :D

I could possibly do this for everyone who had something against my character, but the problem is, that most of them are just enemies or whose my character considers not Caldari anyway to fix relations by this way.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jan 2015, 21:46 »

A little from option B and a little from option C to be honest.

Most 'small RP corps' are going to falter within a short time of being founded anyway and if it's just hot air on IGS well, meh.

But, I would make some inquiries into their leadership, structure and corporate vision/goals/objectives. I'd take the opportunity provided by a startup corp to put some sleeper agents into it and have them work their way into positions of trust.

And if they did make a success of themselves and the original insult had been enough to make it all worth my while I'd eventually activate those assets to take their sandcastle out from underneath them.

Revenge as a dish served cold and all I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 [3]