Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: IC Forum. It's going to be a thing. How do we even  (Read 20791 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: IC Forum. It's going to be a thing. How do we even
« Reply #90 on: 23 Dec 2014, 09:23 »

It's why I always colored the UI for my accounts differently, though - just in case.

I tried this. It worked for a time. It still did not prevent some of the most hilarius altfails. Some could be gracefully recovered from. Some could not.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #91 on: 20 Jun 2015, 09:46 »

Beware the pitfalls of design by committee!

http://youtu.be/2pysgaHRh80

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #92 on: 22 Jun 2015, 11:11 »

It's been a while (December 2014), Can we just pull the trigger on this and not overanalyze the rule set? :)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #93 on: 22 Jun 2015, 12:42 »

I skimmed around the threads looking, but didn't see anything addressing this.  Do we need to have an active account to RP?  Honestly, I miss you guys a lot more than the game, and I'd love getting in on the RP without having to chalk up the sub money to access the IGS.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #94 on: 22 Jun 2015, 13:30 »

vic, I never removed your amarr char from SFRIM  :cube: so technically you still are a player with a corp :) I don't think sub money matters if they do this thing (I hope!) :?:

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #95 on: 22 Jun 2015, 13:43 »

I know, and I appreciate that!  However, technically, I won't be wandering around in the game world.  I just wanted to make sure it was alright to RP through the IC forums.  Presently, I can't through the IGS because I don't have a subscription.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #96 on: 22 Jun 2015, 17:26 »

I skimmed around the threads looking, but didn't see anything addressing this.  Do we need to have an active account to RP?  Honestly, I miss you guys a lot more than the game, and I'd love getting in on the RP without having to chalk up the sub money to access the IGS.

It was something that was briefly discussed (and it's included on the rules discussion thread) but we weren't really in favor of it because it's not really necessary, since the kind of behavior we would be deliberately trying to eliminate with such a rule would be covered by other rules. Plus there'd be no real way to enforce it without a functioning API plugin for the board and we've not found one that really suited our needs.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #97 on: 02 Aug 2015, 06:01 »

Good question.  As I had Scagga sold years ago I am refraining from representing him in the IC sections (despite the fact I don't think the person who has Scagga is active).  I am however 'creating content' by managing a 'bar' channel and non-capsuleer entities.

However it is my opinion that if you still own the account of your character, regardless of whether you are currently paying a subscription fee, you should be ok to represent your character on the IC forums here within the bounds of common sense. e.g. you wouldn't boast about making a massive impact on a recent battle and would probably come up with a plausible explanation if asked about your lack of presence in space...

What does the wider body think of this reasoning?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #98 on: 02 Aug 2015, 08:21 »

As long as it's your character on your account, it shouldn't matter if it's subscribed or not. My only barrier for entry is that I just can't be arsed switching between accounts for posting on the very same forum.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #99 on: 02 Aug 2015, 09:28 »

As long as it's your character on your account, it shouldn't matter if it's subscribed or not. My only barrier for entry is that I just can't be arsed switching between accounts for posting on the very same forum.
So far, the test boards have been very quiet.  I do remember seeing a forum that had a feature where users could have multiple names and switch between them in their control panel/profile page.  If the interest that was there before the test board was opened shows itself again and the whole thing goes well, I will make sure to track that mod package down and try to make it available on the actual IC forum at launch.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #100 on: 02 Aug 2015, 09:36 »

You aren't likely to find a mod for SMF that lets you switch names on a per-post basis that doesn't change the display name for ALL posts you've ever made on that account.

If it existed we'd have found it already back when this project started last year. :P

Good question.  As I had Scagga sold years ago I am refraining from representing him in the IC sections (despite the fact I don't think the person who has Scagga is active).  I am however 'creating content' by managing a 'bar' channel and non-capsuleer entities.

However it is my opinion that if you still own the account of your character, regardless of whether you are currently paying a subscription fee, you should be ok to represent your character on the IC forums here within the bounds of common sense.

Without an API module installed it is impossible for anyone to really police this without everyone volunteering the status of their account, which we are not about to do ask them to do. I don't think most EVE API mods for forums keep track of that status anyway.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #101 on: 02 Aug 2015, 09:45 »

So far, the test boards have been very quiet.  I do remember seeing a forum that had a feature where users could have multiple names and switch between them in their control panel/profile page.  If the interest that was there before the test board was opened shows itself again and the whole thing goes well, I will make sure to track that mod package down and try to make it available on the actual IC forum at launch.

Well, like I said, in my case that's because I can't be arsed switching between accounts on Backstage for IC and OOC posting. A separate board would be a bit different as I could be logged into a different account there, while remaining logged in on this account here, eliminating the need for account switching.

It's probably just me being that lazy, but I'm not going to be posting IC with Pinkie Pie bouncing around in the sig and Pinkie Pie is staying.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #102 on: 02 Aug 2015, 09:53 »

Good point, MorLag.  To be honest, I'm not sure which forum engine that place was using.

@Miz:  I still don't see why you feel that Pinkie Pie is so OOC, especially for Mizhara (she's a little throwed off, isn't she?)  :p

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #103 on: 02 Aug 2015, 10:39 »

why does the signature have to be considered IC anyway? I mean like, my sig, avatar, and such are all OOC and that never stopped me from posting IC.

Also someone should probably swat Lyn with a newspaper, I don't think she realizes the post I made earlier today was IC, lol.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #104 on: 02 Aug 2015, 11:22 »

Ok shit that's two times today.... Those forums are nested rigt in the middle of the rest and it is a mot harder to differenciate on tiny devices like tablets or when you just go through functions like 'show new messages'

My apologies...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]