Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: IC Forum. It's going to be a thing. How do we even  (Read 20796 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

Ideas and suggestions for how the IC board should be arranged, and how it should be run/moderated.

Go.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
Re: IC Forum. It's going to be a thing. How do we even
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2014, 11:34 »

Total Anarchy

Because people will bitch about anything you do so you might as well do nothing.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2014, 11:35 »

If the idea is to have a place with looser moderation than currently found in some places, then I suggest you have a two-tier'ed system.

You need an area of the forum where some poo flinging is allowed, and another place for the large segment of the community that tends to run to the hills when they encounter that sort of thing.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2014, 11:51 »

The lines are a little too blurred for me having IC forum nested in an OOC forum, or is that just me?

IGS not doing it for you all lately?

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:03 »

Russian doll forum, have a forum in a forum in a forum in a forum

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:11 »

« Last Edit: 16 May 2015, 19:04 by Lt Col Nieyli »

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:17 »

The reasons for why there's going to be an IC forum have been pretty well covered in this thread.  Please, let's focus this on how it's going to be done now that it's definitely going to be a thing.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:20 »

I don't really support this in general, but if I had to offer suggestions...

One general forum, and a forum for each sovereign faction. If this is run as an IC thing then I would suggest an 'Independent' forum for the pirate factions rather than supported forums for each pirate faction (A Sansha's Nation or Blood Raider forum would just be silly).

Also, a Craigslist forum (for IC trades, recruitment, etc).
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014, 12:22 by Samira Kernher »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:28 »

The lines are a little too blurred for me having IC forum nested in an OOC forum, or is that just me?

The plan, at this point, is to temporarily host a small trial-run within Backstage itself as a subforum with a handful of sections. If it goes well, we'll probably set up a subdomain with a wider variety of sections for people to use.

As for the IGS, yeah. Go read the other thread - if you have to ask that question, you evidently haven't read it.
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014, 12:30 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:32 »

The plan, at this point, is to temporarily host a small trial-run within Backstage itself as a subforum with a handful of sections. If it goes well, we'll probably set up a subdomain with a wider variety of sections for people to use.

As for the IGS, yeah. Go read the other thread - if you have to ask that question, you evidently haven't read it.

word!

I'd suggest just run it as a parallel IGS format.

Breaking by faction might sub-divide too much?

Maybe IC wise this is the 'capsuleer only' private secure comms? Not public like IGS?

Joshua Foiritain

• Serpentis Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Coreli Corporation Mainframe
« Reply #10 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:34 »

One general forum, and a forum for each sovereign faction. If this is run as an IC thing then I would suggest an 'Independent' forum for the pirate factions rather than supported forums for each pirate faction (A Sansha's Nation or Blood Raider forum would just be silly).

As a representative of Serpentis i would like put forth our demand for our own forum. We do not wish to mingle with vampires, calculators or simple minded brutes. We deem a joint Serpentis and Cartel forum acceptable.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:35 »

As a representative of Serpentis i would like put forth our demand for our own forum. We do not wish to mingle with vampires, calculators or simple minded brutes. We deem a joint Serpentis and Cartel forum acceptable.
((We're not posting ICly yet, m8.  o7))

:P

Twitter

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:43 »

Especially for a trial run (but also in general) I am against subdividing into each individual faction as it would simply spread the posting far too thin. Remember, if we split it into each pirate and empire faction, we end up with a staggering nine subforums... plus freelancers and unaffiliated. That's a lot to split a handful of posters out into. Perhaps instead some sort of thread tagging system would be helpful?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #13 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:48 »

some sort of thread tagging system would be helpful?
I like it.  And it shouldn't be difficult.

Twitter

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #14 on: 08 Dec 2014, 13:13 »

need a good set of rules, regarding god-moding of ingame locations and NPCs.

it wouldn't be constructive to have this IC forum as some kind of parallel universe.

e.g. just because everyone that uses this IC forum agrees that Planet X has Y cities on it with Z population, does not make it so.

Especially if someone on the IGS posts to the contrary.
\o/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7