Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding of the TD;LR  (Read 3743 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Re: Modding of the TD;LR
« Reply #15 on: 19 Nov 2014, 15:24 »

I appreciate the responses to my question here.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 20 Nov 2014, 20:11 »

Where are these "catacombs" of which you speak?  I am only familiar with the Katacombs.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #17 on: 20 Nov 2014, 22:27 »

So, I have a question then: What exactly made it modworthy?

Because, frankly, asking "can you condense that down a bit so I can understand it" seems like a perfectly logical and reasonable request to me, and that's basically what a tl;dr is.

Was it a tone thing? If so I think that's kind of silly as well, but will respect the mod decision to moderate the original post. I do think this highlights the need for an exceptions rule to the "automatically mod all responses, even if later ones are constructive" thing.

I agree. Asking that is perfectly reasonable. But that was not what was posted, nor was it the impression given to the mod team when reviewing the report that was made.

There is a difference between the following three things:
- "TL;DR"
- "Can I have a TL;DR?"
- "Hey, that's a lot of words to read through, can I have a quick summary?"

One is a statement, specifically that the referenced text was too long, and so the poster did not read it - it's rude, doesn't add to the discussion, and is a wasted post.
The next is a request for a short summary to assist the lazy or time-constrained.
And the last is a more polite way of phrasing the second.

The moderated post was the first item on the list.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #18 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:36 »

Where are these "catacombs" of which you speak?  I am only familiar with the Katacombs.

:cube:
Pages: 1 [2]