Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Author Topic: OOG Social Network  (Read 2887 times)

Koronakesh

OOG Social Network
« on: 04 Jun 2010, 19:37 »

As Revan said it best:

Quote from: Revan Neferis
That's it, a co project between me and some friends to establish a social network completely ooc . The site has been up for 3 days now and we have surpassed the 60's mark.

If you join, ill make this clear, just make sure you have a clear mind that the place is NOT a silly around forum for blah blah entertainment, its a social network when PLAYERS are adults well behaved and funny folks sharing their RL time AND talking about their EVE ONLINE PASS TIME GAME. in a neutral, light way.

Attitude, bullshit and common forum rp behaviour wont be tolerated. We dont have moderators, we dont mod anything we simply dont need to. And if we come to need it we will ban the member right away so no stress, no moanings, no place for moderation crying and those waste of time stuff.

With that, I welcome you all to join us, but if you dislike the policies or the members who are setting this up, dont bother, you wont last there. Probably it wont be the place for you and I dont need to pretend otherwise.

Objective and to the point, here I give you

http://evelounge.ning.com/

Only rl pictures and rl names for registration, we dont need to hide behind avatars to socialize there. It's players meeting players. If you dont feel comfortable with that either dont bother.

cheers

Feel free to register yourselves as invited by myself.  :bear:

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: OOG Social Network
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2010, 16:16 »

Quote from: Revan Nefaris
With that, I welcome you all to join us, but if you dislike the policies or the members who are setting this up, dont bother, you wont last there. Probably it wont be the place for you and I dont need to pretend otherwise.
When it was posted on Chatsubo, I read this line as "If you're not friends with me and my fanclub you won't last, so don't bother."  I'll pass.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2010, 16:33 »

Same. While I applaud the initiative... it doesn't sound like an open place. Pass.

Vieve

« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2010, 19:53 »

Thanks, Koro, for bringing this to our attention and extending the invitation.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2010, 20:04 »

Thanks, Koro, for bringing this to our attention and extending the invitation.

This.

While I don't intend to join for a number of reasons -- some of which you can guess, others you wouldn't, none of which I should really state on this site -- I really do appreciate the thought behind the invitation to us all. :)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2010, 20:48 »

I would caution anyone joining about information security.

Be careful, people.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010, 11:51 by Louella Dougans »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2010, 11:52 »

[mod]Less than ideal comments removed.Don't make me have to do this again, please.[/mod]
\o/

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2010, 10:27 »

I can't register w/ my real name - that would be horrible.  Someone could google my last name and find all sorts of pictures of me in less then flattering images... *doesn't thank the (soon to be ex) mother-in-law*

Sometimes I hate facebook and wish it required other people to ask before posting pictures of me or my baby on there.

I pass mostly for the I can only handle one busy forum at a time.