Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss  (Read 13313 times)

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
Re: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss
« Reply #30 on: 07 Nov 2014, 03:45 »

Thera
Wait. "Atlantis"? Ahaha.

Really, CCP? I am going to laugh, well more than I am, if we find out the system 'sank' into W-space. (Which would be a way to explain why it's the way it is.)
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2014, 05:13 by Kohiko Sun »
Will work for pretty sig.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #31 on: 07 Nov 2014, 03:47 »

Thera is to be populated by NPC stations, we just don't know who. Considering the arrival of the pirate faction data and relic sites in wh space, I wouldn't be surprised if Thera had a station for each of the the pirate factions.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #32 on: 07 Nov 2014, 09:08 »

Thera is to be populated by NPC stations, we just don't know who. Considering the arrival of the pirate faction data and relic sites in wh space, I wouldn't be surprised if Thera had a station for each of the the pirate factions.

I think it'd more likely be one faction. I can't particularly see the Sansha the Angels, the Blood Raiders, and the Guristas all founding a system and singing kumbaya.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #33 on: 07 Nov 2014, 10:21 »

For what it's worth, the Chaos dump currently says they're SOE stations.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 07 Nov 2014, 12:26 »

TIL people will continue to whine even after they mostly get what they want.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 08 Nov 2014, 01:24 »

For what it's worth, the Chaos dump currently says they're SOE stations.

Would love to see it be some version of the Thukkers or a sub-factional corporate interest, but yeah I think it'll be SOE or SOE +/- allies of SOE.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #36 on: 12 Nov 2014, 10:24 »

http://pastebin.com/w125E5jX

Acquired from a ghost topic on the IGS
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #37 on: 12 Nov 2014, 12:05 »

Or, creation of a Jovian body, in order that The Other, can escape sleeperspace, enter realspace into the body, and begin it's war on the cluster.

It sure is neat, being vindicated. :S
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #38 on: 13 Nov 2014, 00:04 »

The Other doesn't seem like a Falcon thing. It's more of a TonyG thing. vOv

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #39 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:41 »

Needs more enhuehuehueduanni.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #40 on: 13 Nov 2014, 02:40 »

Rhavas on Intersteller Privateer has written an interesting article on this whole thing.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #41 on: 13 Nov 2014, 11:19 »

The latest devblog says it's SoE.

I honestly don't see how Thera isn't going to get mega camped by a major W-Space alliance. They're taking all these provisions to counter that and all I'm reading is 'put more people there'. The system may not have much way in profitability at a glance but I am curious at the number of connections.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #42 on: 13 Nov 2014, 19:14 »

I honestly don't see how Thera isn't going to get mega camped by a major W-Space alliance. They're taking all these provisions to counter that and all I'm reading is 'put more people there'. The system may not have much way in profitability at a glance but I am curious at the number of connections.

I don't, strangely. It might get camped eventually, but I don't think it'll be a w-space alliance that takes control. I just don't see what profit it would be for them, I mean sure they get a lot of WHs to raid (and keep an eye on) but you can't keep capitals there so you effectively can't capital escalate sites without a secondary HQ in a real WH system and if you need that, why bother trying to defend a system where you can't bubble scanned exits or the stations that there.

I think the effort to try and control Thera might undo a lot of corp/alliances that want to do it. We might find the situation where rather than a whole system, we'll have four corp/alliances staking their claim on the stations that are inside.

I'm interesting to see what comes of Thera, it is certainly a feature CCP are adding that has me genuinely curious about how it plays out and making me decide if I want to be apart of it.

~Deadie

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #43 on: 13 Nov 2014, 19:24 »

I don't, strangely. It might get camped eventually, but I don't think it'll be a w-space alliance that takes control. I just don't see what profit it would be for them, I mean sure they get a lot of WHs to raid (and keep an eye on) but you can't keep capitals there so you effectively can't capital escalate sites without a secondary HQ in a real WH system and if you need that, why bother trying to defend a system where you can't bubble scanned exits or the stations that there.

I think the effort to try and control Thera might undo a lot of corp/alliances that want to do it. We might find the situation where rather than a whole system, we'll have four corp/alliances staking their claim on the stations that are inside.

I'm interesting to see what comes of Thera, it is certainly a feature CCP are adding that has me genuinely curious about how it plays out and making me decide if I want to be apart of it.

~Deadie

Two of the stations are 500km from each other, ~240au from the other two. The other two are 140au apart. Controlling the first two might be doable, the others as well? Not so much.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #44 on: 13 Nov 2014, 20:08 »

Does seems a little weird people two so close, but otherwise yeah. So a group might keep two reasonably under their thumb and rivals can just go to the other side of the system.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6