Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss  (Read 13312 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss
« Reply #75 on: 26 Feb 2015, 23:29 »

I feel bad after a point for everyone who put effort into this.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #76 on: 28 Feb 2015, 00:07 »

DYNAMIC CONTENT

Hey it's something at least, right?  Right?

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #77 on: 28 Feb 2015, 10:14 »

I'd rather have years of post-TEA silence than this.  The thing I liked about eve was it was a setting populated by people, not space-monsters (or their biomechanical equivalent). Also, any NPC that can't invest in a proper fluid router doesn't deserve my attention. ALXVP and every other wormhole resident can communicate from wormholes just fine, why can't the mighty tech-Prometheus Hilen Tukoss?   :psyccp:

WA-- T-- FU-- -CP?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #78 on: 28 Feb 2015, 11:48 »

I G-ESS T-AT IT M-KES PLAYE-S SOLV- ENIGM-S AND T-EY H-VE F-N

Lyn Farel

« Reply #79 on: 28 Feb 2015, 12:21 »

Honestly though, I feel a lot of pity for the people at CCP trying to do something. Everytime they do it, everytime we say it's shit.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #80 on: 28 Feb 2015, 16:00 »

Honestly though, I feel a lot of pity for the people at CCP trying to do something. Everytime they do it, everytime we say it's shit.
This.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #81 on: 28 Feb 2015, 16:21 »

This.

While I'm not always the most positive of the things CCP has done w/r/t events... this.

They're doing something, at least, and people are getting involved and recognized for it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #82 on: 28 Feb 2015, 16:46 »

I have to admit that I really liked the mysteries revolving around Anoikis and layer after layer what is behind.

What I don't like are deus ex machinas and ancient extreme threats that everyone must unite against for the sake of the world.

Anskek

« Reply #83 on: 28 Feb 2015, 21:38 »

This.
This. If you don't like it don't comment. Don't participate. Stay out of the way. Or we could shit in you're lore passion too. That'd be fun right?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #84 on: 01 Mar 2015, 02:23 »

This.
This. If you don't like it don't comment. Don't participate. Stay out of the way. Or we could shit in you're lore passion too. That'd be fun right?

I think its healthy to give both praise and criticism when earned!

Sometimes they do it well, sometimes they don't.   What I'd hate to see is a community so starved for content that they accept whatever they are given without honest criticism or praise.

So IMO plus points for doing plot things, points for some events, points for IGS mysteries.

Minus points if it turns into incursions 2.0. Minus points for drifter Borg. Minus points for return of ancient evil to unite factions trope.

I say this as someone who in general thought the ccp incursions rollout and rp events were mostly good and involved lots of different people in different ways, even if the introduced farm content was eventually bad.   

Is there anyone working for the drifters on the sly?  Where's the in for capsuleers to oppose each other so far?
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2015, 02:27 by Silas Vitalia »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #85 on: 01 Mar 2015, 03:51 »

This.

I kinda disagree with that. I have seen other MMO forums as well where the politically correct had to prevail over any negative comment. As long as the comment is constructive, I do not see why we should censor said comment, or it makes for a very stale community and does not encourage quality of content and criticism as well as, more generally, better appreciation of what is good and what is not.

It's also very similar to political 'discussions' where people eventually say to the critical ones 'if you don't like it, nobody forces you to stay'. I don't know for you, but I see that on a daily basis where I live. It's such a stupid argument that it makes me bang my head against a wall.  Like that  :bash:

The delicate issue is that when people start hammering again and again how it's shit, even with constructive arguments (a flaw I have been very guilty of in a few forums), and then it starts to detract on the good atmosphere and fun people are having. It's unnerving.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2015, 03:54 by Lyn Farel »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #86 on: 02 Mar 2015, 09:31 »

This is hardly a constructive statement. The purpose of this thread is to comment.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #87 on: 03 Mar 2015, 02:10 »

This.

You mean the lore and backstory that CCP has utterly ruined, making an entire race/nation look utterly fucking inept? You mean that lore?

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #88 on: 03 Mar 2015, 02:37 »

This.
If you don't like the comment then don't read it. Don't frequent forums where opposing views are put forth.
Unplug your keyboard.
Or we could all just hold the same view because echo chambers are fun.
Right?
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Lyn Farel

« Reply #89 on: 03 Mar 2015, 04:01 »

This.

You mean the lore and backstory that CCP has utterly ruined, making an entire race/nation look utterly fucking inept? You mean that lore?

Don't worry, I spend my time literally spitting on what CCP has done. But I feel a bit bad for all the dev actors and people trying to do thing our way though. :/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]