Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Author Topic: [Character] Thal Vadam  (Read 3898 times)

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
[Character] Thal Vadam
« on: 12 Oct 2014, 15:08 »

((Bring on the haters))

Name: Thal Jonta Vadam

Birthplace: Aboard a starship deep in The Great Wildlands

Blood type: A+

Race: True Amarr/Brutor halfbreed

Total Age: 101

Average Clone Age: 32

Hight: 6'7 feet

Weight:270 pounds

Physical Appearance. Long black hair, short black beard, green eyes, Chiseled facial features. Cybernetic left arm.

Current military insignia: The Black Raven of House Vadam

Political alignment: Amarr Empire. Sarum family

Combat skill: Thal is an excperianced blademaster, having used a sword for about 80 years of his life. His normal role is a frontline soldier, willing to get up close and personal with his foe. At range he uses a scrambler rifle and SMG. He however isn't the best shot, and while he is capable, he is no expert marksmen.

History: Thal is the last member of the dishonored Holder House Vadam. His great-grandfather was a heretic who helped slaves escape from service. He was hunted by the Amarr and fled to the Minmatar republic. He kept his betrayal a secret to all but his firstborn son. For years Thal's family fought for the Minmatar, but he had a distinct love of the Amarr, so much so that he began to practice the faith in secret. The day came when Thal had to take up arms against the Amarr, until his father told him of his heratige. Thal was furious and in his rage he attacked his father. His father pulled a gun on him and shot him in the leg, knocking Thal out. When he awoke his father took him to the bridge and ordered him to destroy a Minmatar colony, in a mad scheme to restart the war between the Empire and the Republic. Thal lashed out against his father and In the chaos of the ensuing battle, the colony was destroyed along with it's 8.6 million inhabitants. He fled to the Amarr Empire in hope for salvation. He was accepted into the home of the Khanid Blademaster Tiber Kuul who taught him the way of the sword. He fought under the banner of the Imperial guard in command of Falcon Squad, and later chosen for the Templar program.

Personality: Thal is divided into two mental states reflecting his Amarr/Minmatar background. His usual mental state is that of the soldier. In this state, Thal's existance is to serve the Amarr Empire and it's people. He is willing to lay down his mortal life to save those who he trusts, or cares about. His second mental state is the warrior, or his darker side. In this state, he is filled with an urge to fight, to test himself against stronger foes. While he still holds reason and logic in this state, he is far more violent and prone to anger. Fortunately, after his many years in the Empire, Thal has learned to control his warrior mindset, though it has it's uses sometimes. He speaks Amarr, Brutor, and some Sebiestor. He is one of the most capable melee fighters in the Cluster. He tends to present himself politely and respectably in public and is known to treat even his greatest enemies with respect and honor.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2015, 19:20 by Thal Vadam »
"I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds."
Thal Vadam

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: [Character] Thal Vadam
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2014, 16:16 »

[admin]Moved to DUST 514 Character Development board.  Will reply in non-administrative capacity soon™.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2014, 18:07 »

Pretty extreme story.  Have you been RPing long?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2014, 18:12 »

Pretty extreme story.  Have you been RPing long?

Yes. About six months
"I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds."
Thal Vadam

Templar Ordo

• Capsule 23
  • Clonejack
  • Focus determines your reality
    • Moment 23
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2014, 00:49 »

It's Thal!
Welcome to the backstage.

I like Thal's background, even if it may be on the verge of "extreme".
The only thing I see here, would be that ".. he applied to the Templar program" - I don't think anyone applied for it, but all those who was in the program was invited or chosen to become a part of it. Which, in this case, would be due to Thal's extraordinary sword skills or something like that. That's my interpretation at least!

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2014, 12:01 »

It's Thal!
Welcome to the backstage.

I like Thal's background, even if it may be on the verge of "extreme".
The only thing I see here, would be that ".. he applied to the Templar program" - I don't think anyone applied for it, but all those who was in the program was invited or chosen to become a part of it. Which, in this case, would be due to Thal's extraordinary sword skills or something like that. That's my interpretation at least!

Extreme people need extreme stories 8) and I fixed the applied to being chosen. Thanks Raph 
Thal Vadam

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2015, 08:10 »

Is Thal a capsuleer now?

I'm sure Anya will be overflowing with joy or something.

Thal Vadam

• "The" Templar
  • Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2015, 10:46 »

....Kinda. He has access to a pod and he uses it for his WB.
Thal Vadam

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2015, 15:29 »

Thal, bad ass on the ground and is the skys!
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...