Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So, dat SOMER drama  (Read 4552 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: So, dat SOMER drama
« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2014, 07:43 »

I think that could just be considered 'life.'

Nissui

« Reply #31 on: 24 Aug 2014, 07:51 »

I was a patron of blink. I had to pay for gametime since I didn't earn enough in ISK to PLEX my way into a sub, so I thought, "why not get something extra with your GTC?" I took the credit and wagered only on T2 frig hulls. It worked out.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #32 on: 24 Aug 2014, 08:40 »

I think that could just be considered 'life.'

In life you have law.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #33 on: 24 Aug 2014, 20:01 »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #34 on: 25 Aug 2014, 02:53 »

:D
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2014, 02:59 by Lyn Farel »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #35 on: 25 Aug 2014, 17:49 »

The one in the middle looks so fucking happy about having that thing on its head.   :lol:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #36 on: 26 Aug 2014, 21:24 »

I dunno. What is it about piles of ISK that makes people think they can blatantly RMT freely?

I dunno.  People paying their mortgages with it? ;)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 27 Aug 2014, 11:21 »

I dunno. What is it about piles of ISK that makes people think they can blatantly RMT freely?

I dunno.  People paying their mortgages with it? ;)

Hah, I remember that. I guess the urge to cash out on that scale and instantly I can (sort of) understand - greed is powerful, after all. SOMER's kind of thing, though, I still don't - there's no conceivable way he wasn't going to be noticed before he could make much.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 28 Aug 2014, 00:45 »

Sometimes it migth not even be greed, but necessity - and maybe not for mortgage volumes.

I mean, duh, look at me.  If I wasn't so lazy in EVe, and also and possessing a sense of morality (and having dealign with it so long as a GM on several game servers fighting it) RMT would put food on my table and clothes on my back that disability money doesn't.  Not everyone breaks a TOS just for buying yachts. ;)

Not to say that some don't buy yachts though.  but if youre suddenly in a RL tight spot one day, take the chance and get away with it, the ease of success would erode any moral qualms as time goes on.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2014, 13:12 »

Heh, actually wondered just a few days ago if Blink was still running. I stopped playing early march and since then have had virtually no contact with EVE.

I played alot on that site and lost alot. Then later i worked for them as a hauler, The payouts from that in addition to some large wins just before i started hauling for them put me decently in profit in the end. Good times...sigh...
Pages: 1 2 [3]