Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a capsuleer corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another 'State of RP' Thread  (Read 4821 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Another 'State of RP' Thread
« on: 19 Aug 2014, 13:32 »

I have decided to resub. Before I left a few months ago, EVE RP was largely relegated to private channels and conversations amongst people that had known each other and had perpetual off and on storylines going for years. I understand why this happened - I am simply wondering if this trend has continued. There has been quite a lot of writing on my part regarding my characters while I was away and I am just curious as to any changes or trends while I have been gone or if everything is the status quo. It took a total of two minutes to read all the World News that was released while I was gone, so I know there has been virtually nothing happening on CCP's end.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Another 'State of RP' Thread
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2014, 14:23 »

I think the strong urge I had to merge your post into the "who's left?" thread (and the initial thought that it would probably be appropriate to do so) speaks for itself.  :|
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2014, 14:30 »

Indeed. Perhaps I will continue with my own writing instead of going back to the same storylines that have been dragging on for years.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2014, 15:09 »

Join U'K. I hear they're doinitrite right now.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2014, 17:08 »

We're still here wormholing it up as usual. Doing our colonisation RP. Its pretty internal, but I wouldn't mind having it spill out into political intrigue, we have approaching 3 million settlers, there's a lot of stories to tell.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2014, 14:40 »

This died a lot faster than I expected.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2014, 15:05 »

There are only a handful of RP'ers who encounter and interact with each other in space. Ushra'khan vs Imperial elements is one. Nauplius vs Everyone is the other that is immediately obvious.

Almost everything else is eventy things that occur in "places", such as viewing the alliance tournament, having a party to mark some occasion, that sort of thing.

It's possible to go for months without ever seeing a name you recognise from say "the summit", in your local channel.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2014, 15:36 »

There are only a handful of RP'ers who encounter and interact with each other in space. Ushra'khan vs Imperial elements is one. Nauplius vs Everyone is the other that is immediately obvious.

Which then ends up getting the peanut gallery going, "Capsuleer morals this, current-hated-person that, such silly" and degrading anyone participating in these actual in-space encounters.

Of course, those same players are the ones who will then go about belittling people for not backing up their RP with in-game actions.

It's rather frustrating.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2014, 15:53 by Samira Kernher »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2014, 16:05 »

I second Samira.

I get the sense of a lot of this on the boards or in game on people who do try to rp.

In that regard, I know this is out of place, but I think bittervetting without content should be moderatable.  There are people trying to do things, but the current "Sadler and Waldorf" eve rp culture is sit back in the peanut gallery and talk about how derpy or pointless it all is.

Maybe it is. Go do something about it - in game.

Plus I've found that most rpers do want to try to "do it right" and having a private chat ooc can go a long way to helping the find their way.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2014, 16:14 »

I second Samira.

I get the sense of a lot of this on the boards or in game on people who do try to rp.

In that regard, I know this is out of place, but I think bittervetting without content should be moderatable.  There are people trying to do things, but the current "Sadler and Waldorf" eve rp culture is sit back in the peanut gallery and talk about how derpy or pointless it all is.

Plus I've found that most rpers do want to try to "do it right" and having a private chat ooc can go a long way to helping the find their way.

This..... In every way, shape, and form. So much this.

I've tried three times now to write something to supplement what was said here, and deleted them three times. Mainly because I found myself in repetition of what Lunarisse has already said.

That should be a big enough hint as to how spot on this analysis is.
....At least to me.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2014, 16:27 »

+1 to Sami, Luna and Viz.

Yet another set of reasons the vast majority of what I do ingame is done privately and without public fanfare. If people want to fuck around and talk shit they can put in some effort of their own to find out what it is I'm doing in the first place through RP, rather than me handing it to them on a silver platter.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2014, 16:58 »

I tend to prefer private RP because most public RP I see tends to consist of copious amounts of whining and complaining here on backstage or in OOC channels.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2014, 17:00 »

I second Samira.

I put up a POS making drugs in low sec and told you all where it is and in fact after weeks of threats it remained untouched.
 :yar:

Not that there's anything wrong with just forum/chat RP if it's done at a 'above 14 year old schoolyard' level. In fact, it can be great and even more appropriate if we're supposed to be the relatively 'sane' capsuleers - since in real life I dare say people's immediate attitudes isn't to go around blowing other people up...

But I would note that there is always the snide comments, and we can take solace in the fact that such sniping will never die and therefore EVE will live forever.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2014, 17:03 by Laurentis Thiesant »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2014, 17:04 »

^

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #14 on: 21 Aug 2014, 21:41 »

I put up a POS making drugs in low sec and told you all where it is and in fact after weeks of threats it remained untouched.

Oh? Somehow I missed that little wrinkle.  And here I thought Laurentis was squeaky clean Gallente idealist  :eek:
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2014, 21:47 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »
Pages: [1] 2