Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The last time someone attacked the Jovians, it was the Amarr, at Vak'atioth, and the Amarr fleet was crushed?

Author Topic: Fighting the "meh"  (Read 838 times)

Drakolus

Fighting the "meh"
« on: 29 Aug 2014, 11:35 »

So I've been wanting to get a bit more into RP and general playing for a while but the ennui is a difficult beast to conquer.  I'm looking for some ideas and motivation if possible.

Drak has been around for a while.  He's gone from loyal Amarrian subject to fighting against the empire.  He's got a pretty good interest in Ni-Kunni history and freedom but he's really mellowed out to the point of almost not caring about much of anything any more.  He's dabbled in just about everything, started off a Scientist, became a mission runner then combat pilot, then industrialist, then trader, then random dude who doesn't wear a shirt and occasionally shoots off ill considered quips in the summit.

In game, I'm looking to move OUT of the Great Wildlands as I've been stuck in a rut for years now.  In character I'm looking for some ideas on how to make him both more enjoyable to play as well as more interesting to interact with.

Ideas, commandments, thoughts, ill considered quips?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Fighting the "meh"
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2014, 12:03 »

Tea leaves thwart those who court catastrophe,
designing futures where nothing will occur:
cross the gypsy’s palm and yawning she
will still predict no perils left to conquer.
Jeopardy is jejune now: naïve knight
finds ogres out-of-date and dragons unheard
of, while blasé princesses indict
tilts at terror as downright absurd.

The beast in Jamesian grove will never jump,
compelling hero’s dull career to crisis;
and when insouciant angels play God’s trump,
while bored arena crowds for once look eager,
hoping toward havoc, neither pleas nor prizes
shall coax from doom’s blank door lady or tiger.

Welcome to null RP. ;)

The Last Gate has been inactive forever.  The only other null locale that's "public" I'm aware of is the Noir -- but being in Goonswarm Fed, people avoid it cause Goons are evil (IC? OOC? Both? Regardless of the # of actually active GSF/CFC roleplayers who aren't fucking trolls who instantly assume the entire purpose of the venue is to fuck with their special china-doll characters.)

vOv

/endillconisderedquip
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014, 12:05 by Arista Shahni »

Drakolus

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2014, 12:16 »

Poetry?  How dare you!  I will dare right back.

When infinite skies lose all light of interest
And rock and soil return to primacy
What can the immortal do, to best
The slow, roiling ennui of eternity?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2014, 13:52 »

Sylvia Palth wrote mine.  Open the Noir channel and lurk a bit. (poke me for an invite idk if i have its full name here).   Its geerally quiet as a few of us have been RL busy but people will show up alone whch is alwas a good reason to also show up alone.  Its an "active" vanue (like Last gate) even if heres no PC' around. (i think people orget Last gate is a pakced dance club)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2014, 14:22 »

Its an "active" vanue (like Last gate) even if heres no PC' around. (i think people orget Last gate is a pakced dance club)

Correct, re: TLG.

It's also true for a few other places like the Golden Masque, which when it isn't serving as an event hall, is a restaurant that is usually busy with local station personnel and travelers who stop over at the station even if there aren't any capsuleers actively visiting.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.