Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Author Topic: Returning member o7  (Read 1075 times)

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
Returning member o7
« on: 13 Aug 2014, 08:00 »

Hi there!
I joined EVE and Backstage a little while ago but had to step back due to time constraints in RL. Looking to throw myself in again. I'm in FW lowsec as Gallente, but Aedre's not the most hostile of people really. Feel free to poke!

I could use some additional channel advice as to where there are hotspots (other than the Summit, where I do lurk, but sometimes that's a little more amusing to watch than to contribute to for the moment); I guess something a bit more personal than jumping into established conversations with an Opinion, especially one not entirely formed.

I see the channel list here on the forums, but it doesn't entirely match up to the client's list - I suppose I'm asking for opinions on that list's recent activity as insight as to where to start connecting.

-I'm also interested in Gallente language development, though that hasn't moved in a little while I don't think. I'm considering doing a bit more amateur work on it, if I end up with that kind of time : j Whatever work I do will be based on Kiro's stuff though, there used to be a useful attachment:  http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3931.0 It was a great start.

--Also, where are the forum sprite avatars from? o.o
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Returning member o7
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2014, 13:20 »

welcome fellow gallentean!!

the forum avatars are from gaia, from what i googled its here http://tektek.org/dream_avatar/

there are a couple of gallente channels....most with very low activity ......the "fed loyalists" are kinda dying lately.....but don't loose hope, laurentis might have more info that front.

(btw, don't miss Federation Day celebrations every year around june 15th)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2014, 17:15 »

Welcome back...stage.
-OOChé

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2014, 19:47 »

Ah, I was mad about missing it again this year :p! I was only barely able to show my face last year, too - had to bow out for RL things early in the day, before space even happened. Comes at a busy time for me IRL unfortunately!

(And thanks! I've heard of Gaia, but couldn't for the life of me remember if this was the look or what it was called or anything, thanks for Google saving me, I was at a loss. I'll check it out. : j)

o7 Che~

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2014, 02:31 »

Welcome backstage!

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2014, 09:57 »

Welcome back. I have just returned myself. I do not know if channel activity has increased over the summer, but when I left there was low activity across all public channels. Most activity was in private or semi-private channels.

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2014, 11:01 »

I get the feeling it's hard to penetrate - sort of like everything else in EvE, I guess. Well, for us newcomers to the scene, all we can do is keep trying. Hit me up if you're online sometime!