Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Author Topic: Re: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'  (Read 862 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'
« on: 05 Jul 2014, 08:01 »

There are 5431 star systems in New Eden.

There are 38833 reasonably habitable planets, including 7200 Temperate and 19715 Barren.

There are at least 100,000,000,000,000 people in New Eden.

Consider the vastness of those numbers when you try to tell somebody else they are roleplaying their character incorrectly. There's a reason "urdoinitrong" is not allowed on this forum. It doesn't matter if you're a Quafe obsessed blonde. It doesn't matter if you're a jingoistic Provist, or a womanizing Amarr preacher, or a synthetic bio-android, or a rogue drone, or a blood sucking baby eating vampire lesbian.

In a world as vast as New Eden, neither you nor I have any right to tell somebody their character is implausible. The moment you do, you disregard the concept of science fiction. You discard suspension of disbelief. You close your mind off to any possibility but what CCP has the (limited) time to write, or what you have the (limited) capability to imagine.

I have seen annoying players and characters. I've seen attention whores (like myself), and trolls. I've seen cliche tropes, too-edgy hipsters, and other sorts of eye-rolling RP. No matter what I think of it, it is beyond ignorant for me to declare that whatever character or group I dislike is not possible in EVE.

It's a player built world. So unless you plan to systematically write out what's going on with all hundreds trillion of those New Eden Denizens, take a happy step back and let your fellow players build their own little corner of it with you.

Next time don't be a passive-aggressive little bitch and come talk to me straight up if you have an issue with me or with what I say.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Re: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2014, 08:14 »

Next time don't be a passive-aggressive little bitch and come talk to me straight up if you have an issue with me or with what I say.

Don't worry. I actually like you, in the way that we all like that one shithead who always gets us kicked out of the good bars but still fun to drink with. I don't actually have a problem with you.

If I care enough to talk to you directly about something you say, it will be a rare day for me. I don't expect you to be any better than you are, Vince. So, in your own style of speech:

Fuck off m8, this ain't about you.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2014, 08:20 by Katrina Oniseki »

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
Re: The Hubris of 'Doing It Right'
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2014, 08:57 »

[mod]Insult, flamebait, responding to moderated post etc etc.Clean it up or get a room.[/mod]
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban