Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Author Topic: .  (Read 1350 times)

Zenariae

« on: 27 Jun 2014, 00:16 »

« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2014, 02:57 by zenariae »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2014, 00:37 »

Right now the decision to delete EVE online entirely from my PC is seriously on my mind.

I've done this before. Never lasts ;) I've uninstalled and re-installed Eve no less than 4 times, and the download is so huge that I've gotten to the point of leaving it installed, just not subscribing. I know I'll be back someday.

I think you're well on your way just by acknowledging that there is a problem and you would like to change your character. Unfortunately as I said in the other thread, I am not currently subbed, so I have very little information to go on in regards to what your character's history actually is. I would ask the veteran Blood Raiders such as the CTCS girls, (maybe even send Silas a PM?), and the other long term 'shady' roleplayers such as Vince for advice. They can probably give much more and better help than I.

The advice I will give however, is that it is far better when starting a character (which is effectively what you will be doing now) to be involved in as much low level Rp as possible. I'm talking about just asking to talk to people, making connections, going to bars. Bursting onto the scene with a high level of visible drama is pretty much a surefire way to get ostracized. This isn't a good thing, but it's the way things are. Once you've established yourself as someone who people can have a meaningful interaction with, then they will be much more likely to get involved with any more exotic arcs you have come up with.

The second piece of advice I can offer, is pick your guns and stick to them. People who swap loyalties with any kind of regularity also tend to find themselves on the outskirts of the various factional communities. Rpers love continuity, and characters who have a new paymaster every other week tend to be regarded as fickle.

It is possible to play a Sabik/Raider character without turning yourself into a pariah; Silas is a good example of someone walking the line between villainous and unpopular. CTCS are also good examples of Sabik who are not shunned, despite their rather more humorous outlook than most Sabik Rpers. I actually think that Sani Sabik played for comedy can work, as long as it doesn't descend into parody.

It's not much, but I hope this helps you with your thinking.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Desiderya

Re: .
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2014, 04:09 »

Hai. I have no clue what's going on, but if you pulled some derp and want to change it the people worth interacting with will be willing/able to give that chance. Depending how public the amount of derp/bad was it might be better to try and reconcile prior history in RP instead of going for a complete cut, but that might not be possible. Anyways, good advice can be given by people here, either on this board or in a chat.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2014, 05:54 »

It is possible to play a Sabik/Raider character without turning yourself into a pariah; Silas is a good example of someone walking the line between villainous and unpopular.

Please note that Silas also had already a strong background and was a figure in the RP community when she decided to turn blood raider.

I wouldn't advise newcomers that want to start a fresh blooder character to take the same huh.... flamboyant road.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2014, 05:55 »

I am extending my hand as a possible helper for you. You may have started out poorly but you can details work out a mulligan. Let me know in game if you ever want to!