Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Problems in summit moderation  (Read 22745 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Re: Problems in summit moderation
« Reply #60 on: 31 May 2014, 13:43 »

Lyn,
The problem becomes when a mod has tried to respond and then told that the aggrieved party does not consider them a mod and will not listen to them and demands to speak to a mod, what then?
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Norrin Ellis

• Manager, EVE Online Hold'Em
  • Wetgraver
    • EVE Online Hold'Em
« Reply #61 on: 31 May 2014, 14:02 »

Let's try to remember that I'm damn awesome.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #62 on: 31 May 2014, 14:22 »

Let's try to remember that I'm damn awesome.

ಠ_ಠ

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Odelya

« Reply #63 on: 31 May 2014, 14:56 »

I would feel very uncomfortable if that had happened to me. In a rough universe like EVE, one should stay polite—especially in the small RP community. A little mail stating a reason should do, shouldn’t it? (Whatever one mod has done, it doesn’t justify or explain what another does, unless we all become mind readers, which we still have not.)

The owners of the channel can do whatever they want and stuff is neither an argument nor a justification. It is the logic of a six year old child who doesn’t want to play with other children because it is his sandbox.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #64 on: 31 May 2014, 15:59 »

I still fail to see why people keep coming back to the Summit if they hate the moderation so much. There already exists another channel. There already exists the opportunity to make your own. Attempts have been made before to make their own. CCP stepped down from the fucking heavens and MADE A CLONE OF THE SUMMIT AND OOC just for you. Just for all of you, who don't like the way we moderate.

You don't want to go anywhere else, for whatever reason. You want to sit your pretty butts down right where you are, point fingers, and complain about us. You demand professional moderation, from amateurs, from volunteers spending our game time to moderate a bunch of roleplayers. I signed up for this job because I wanted to help you all. I wanted to be something better for the community. I saw all the older threads just like this, and said I could do better. I looked at the mod team, and it's true... I thought I could do better than all of them.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a moderator. God knows I've tried to be respectful to most of you when acting as a moderator. I've tried to be fair. I've done my best. Some of you, yes, I crossed a line. Most of the time, as far as I know, I've apologized when it's been pointed out. Maybe I just didn't do a good enough job. Maybe I'm not a perfect fucking snowflake like Lyn over there. Maybe we should all aspire to be as fair and balanced as he is.

I know one thing for sure. For all the efforts I've spent trying to be a friend to most of you, I've been called more names after becoming a moderator than I ever was before. Maybe it's the anti-authority streak you all have. Maybe I was just that much of a bitch. Whatever the case, I certainly did not sign up to be treated like a minimum wage bar wench without being paid, and grin and take it.

Well, from the bottom of my heart: Fuck. That.

I don't give a flying fuck in February what Diana thinks at this point. I tried to help. I talked to him about it repeatedly. Towards the end, yes, I was sick of hearing about how horrible Morwen is, or how horrible Ava is, or (via other parties), hearing about how horrible I am, or Graelyn, or Tiberious... or who the fuck ever else managed to get in Diana's panties at the moment. We sent multiple mails. We sent multiple warnings. She ignored them, or was too thickheaded to follow through with them.

If Diana Kim agrees to airing the mails I've sent to her in public, I'll post them here unadulterated. Because I actually like my account and don't want it banned, I will only be including what I typed to Diana. This is only if Diana explicitly grants permission (by saying so here) to post them here in front of everybody.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #65 on: 31 May 2014, 17:08 »

Lyn,
The problem becomes when a mod has tried to respond and then told that the aggrieved party does not consider them a mod and will not listen to them and demands to speak to a mod, what then?
The problem becomes when someone starts talking about situation, where they weren't there, didn't managed to ask or even read what happened and talk about situation that happened about 2 months ago, like it was the current problem. While it was related to one of situations, it isn't the current one. I could provide with reason why I did this, of course if you will show your desire to know it, and not just post misinformation.

Thus I ask you to stop doing it and do not mislead readers further by feeding them with outdated information. Thanks in advance.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #66 on: 31 May 2014, 18:50 »

I still fail to see why people keep coming back to the Summit if they hate the moderation so much.

[spoiler][/spoiler] :?:

\o/

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #67 on: 31 May 2014, 18:54 »

Why does this subforum even exist? It seems to only perform the function of hosting edgecase threads about the moderation of a channel in game. I mean, I guess there is the "good RP" logs thread but thats about it for actual content. Otherwise it's just complaining. 
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #68 on: 31 May 2014, 19:11 »

Why does this subforum even exist?

People wanted it.

Also, it is used to discuss ideas for events and things.

I guess people are all out of ideas. :|
\o/

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #69 on: 31 May 2014, 19:27 »

Lyn,
The problem becomes when someone starts talking about situation, where they weren't there, didn't managed to ask or even read what happened and talk about situation that happened about 2 months ago, like it was the current problem. While it was related to one of situations, it isn't the current one. I could provide with reason why I did this, of course if you will show your desire to know it, and not just post misinformation.

Thus I ask you to stop doing it and do not mislead readers further by feeding them with outdated information. Thanks in advance.

You know...it is not worth the stress to get into this with you. I am sick and tired of you labeling me falsely a liar.
I have witnessed you in OOC on several different occasions declare quite openly that a mod was in fact not a mod and you wanted to speak to a moderator.  And this happened at least three different times over the last five months.

There was a time where I tried to be nice IC to Kim, I really did.  You burned that bridge.  And now you've burned it OOC as well.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 19:32 by Steffanie Saissore »
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #70 on: 31 May 2014, 19:43 »

I still fail to see why people keep coming back to the Summit if they hate the moderation so much. There already exists another channel. There already exists the opportunity to make your own. Attempts have been made before to make their own. CCP stepped down from the fucking heavens and MADE A CLONE OF THE SUMMIT AND OOC just for you. Just for all of you, who don't like the way we moderate.

You don't want to go anywhere else, for whatever reason. You want to sit your pretty butts down right where you are, point fingers, and complain about us. You demand professional moderation, from amateurs, from volunteers spending our game time to moderate a bunch of roleplayers. I signed up for this job because I wanted to help you all. I wanted to be something better for the community. I saw all the older threads just like this, and said I could do better. I looked at the mod team, and it's true... I thought I could do better than all of them.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a moderator. God knows I've tried to be respectful to most of you when acting as a moderator. I've tried to be fair. I've done my best. Some of you, yes, I crossed a line. Most of the time, as far as I know, I've apologized when it's been pointed out. Maybe I just didn't do a good enough job. Maybe I'm not a perfect fucking snowflake like Lyn over there. Maybe we should all aspire to be as fair and balanced as he is.

I know one thing for sure. For all the efforts I've spent trying to be a friend to most of you, I've been called more names after becoming a moderator than I ever was before. Maybe it's the anti-authority streak you all have. Maybe I was just that much of a bitch. Whatever the case, I certainly did not sign up to be treated like a minimum wage bar wench without being paid, and grin and take it.

Well, from the bottom of my heart: Fuck. That.

I don't give a flying fuck in February what Diana thinks at this point. I tried to help. I talked to him about it repeatedly. Towards the end, yes, I was sick of hearing about how horrible Morwen is, or how horrible Ava is, or (via other parties), hearing about how horrible I am, or Graelyn, or Tiberious... or who the fuck ever else managed to get in Diana's panties at the moment. We sent multiple mails. We sent multiple warnings. She ignored them, or was too thickheaded to follow through with them.

If Diana Kim agrees to airing the mails I've sent to her in public, I'll post them here unadulterated. Because I actually like my account and don't want it banned, I will only be including what I typed to Diana. This is only if Diana explicitly grants permission (by saying so here) to post them here in front of everybody.
People don't stay amateurs all their life. People learn by doing their job.
Unlike many peoples who replied here, I don't tell things like "you are horrible".
I point exactly what was wrong, and my demands to moderators are rather definite and clear:
- to provide warning/information about rules before banning for them
(like Ava was saying, to tone down a notch, which wasn't done in neither of two previous bans)
- to explain which behavior is strictly forbidden (will be banned), and which is not encouraged, that I still can do, but will be modded for short term for this
- for the modding provide exact date, time and violation, and if it won't be obvious:
- tell what exactly it violated and why i should avoid it
I don't think it is really that hard, and on these terms a constructive dialogue can be made.
And in your turn I ask you to help me actually. Instead I get just insults as reply. Where was warning for previous two bans, really? I have asked this question before, you didn't answer, and you again are saying that I was warned. I am asking second time, just tell when if you don't wish to copypaste text, I still have myself all the logs, and if such warning was, I will apologize, of course... of course, if it was. You warned me about other things. And I am asking about stated incidents.

And why would you bring Morwen, Ava, Tiberious to this? To them as moderators I had complaints more than two months ago, so I don't know how you got sick from it, unless someone else was telling you about it. Then why do you come to me with it? Their cases aside, for the situation around the last ban, I have a case only to Katrina Oniseki as a moderator for not professional behavior.

And I will explain how and why.
There was a combined complaint to moderators on two characters in one, first complaint - just funny for RP reasons, while second one was against quite disruptive behavior and direct insults.
Moderator Katrina Oniseki replied to this complaint with reject in rude form to act, claiming that Diana Kim "was still banned". After that, Diana Kim indeed was banned, however, both complaint and what was said to her, was filled before the ban, and even Graelyn himself before that was saying that Diana Kim was unbanned after previous ban.

If you wish to post this mail - go ahead.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #71 on: 31 May 2014, 19:50 »

Wait, seriously? This is what you're upset about? My pun?

Quote from: EVEMail
Re: Ayallah; Ava Starfire
Sent: 2014.05.16 17:27
To: Ava Starfire,  Diana Kim,  Esna Pitoojee,  Graelyn,  Inara Subaka,  Jekaterine,  Tiberious Thessalonia, 

You're still banned. Your reports are automatically null and void.

That means they are blasted away into the trash bin, and ignored.

Get it? Blasted?! Because Null and Void? HONHONHON, I crack me up!

... wow. Well if that honestly offended you, I'm sorry.

Also, I didn't know at the time that you were unbanned. The last time I had spoken with the mods about you, you had been placed on permaban, so I didn't expect you'd be allowed back. I also thought I checked the list to make sure you were before sending it? I certainly didn't ban you again after sending the mail.

Seems to be some sort of confusion here.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 19:53 by Katrina Oniseki »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #72 on: 31 May 2014, 20:00 »

Lyn,

You know...it is not worth the stress to get into this with you. I am sick and tired of you labeling me falsely a liar.
I have witnessed you in OOC on several different occasions declare quite openly that a mod was in fact not a mod and you wanted to speak to a moderator.  And this happened at least three different times over the last five months.
Umm... what.
First, it happened once.
Second, I was telling about the ban, that was issued without reason, while you came up with it as a reason, when difference between events was about a month, or more.
Third, this is a misunderstanding, that you are using to escalate situation between me and moderators.
I am asking you second time to cease it.

There was a time where I tried to be nice IC to Kim, I really did.  You burned that bridge.  And now you've burned it OOC as well.
IC character Steffanie Saissore was publicly claiming that Diana Kim was flying a dominix, thus labeling character Steffanie Saissore a liar was not false and was caused by her actions.
If you have more questions about this, please use my email, because your and Diana relations are absolutely not relevant in this discussion.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 20:13 by Lithium Flower »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #73 on: 31 May 2014, 20:10 »

Wait, seriously? This is what you're upset about? My pun?

Quote from: EVEMail
Re: Ayallah; Ava Starfire
Sent: 2014.05.16 17:27
To: Ava Starfire,  Diana Kim,  Esna Pitoojee,  Graelyn,  Inara Subaka,  Jekaterine,  Tiberious Thessalonia, 

You're still banned. Your reports are automatically null and void.

That means they are blasted away into the trash bin, and ignored.

Get it? Blasted?! Because Null and Void? HONHONHON, I crack me up!

... wow. Well if that honestly offended you, I'm sorry.

Also, I didn't know at the time that you were unbanned. The last time I had spoken with the mods about you, you had been placed on permaban, so I didn't expect you'd be allowed back. I also thought I checked the list to make sure you were before sending it? I certainly didn't ban you again after sending the mail.

Seems to be some sort of confusion here.
Yes, indeed.
I am sorry, I really thought at first you just banned me just to ignore this complaint.
Obviously there was something before that, which still remains mystery.

And I am sorry, I think I should have stated clearly in complaint that I was present at that time in the channel, for example, by adding a couple of my own replies.  :ugh:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #74 on: 31 May 2014, 20:14 »

And I am sorry, I think I should have stated clearly in complaint that I was present at that time in the channel, for example, by adding a couple of my own replies.  :ugh:

On second look, the fact that Ayallah was talking directly to you should have been more of a clue, but - I did ignore the complaint mostly out of hand because there had been previous complaints being made while you were banned months ago. I figured it was just a continuation of the very same. Bah. Mistakes made.

Also, did anybody else in this thread know Diana was talking about me until now? Because I completely missed it.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 20:30 by Katrina Oniseki »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6