Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cor Arcanus - physical sani sabik playground  (Read 10335 times)

genofunk

Cor Arcanus - physical sani sabik playground
« on: 14 May 2014, 23:24 »

Me and corpies have been working on making our blood control tower in kfie-z into a place people can come to and rp. Opening day was fun. We kicked off with Diana kim flying her crow out here and trying to arrest me.

Log: http://pastebin.com/5eD7Tdwj

Me and -STRUCK FROM RECORD- are planning to be married here and we may have a few sermons from several different ic priest(ess)s. Also going to be doing science stuffs to further ic research that has already been in works. Events will be announced throughout the year. Hope we can have fun with non Sani Sabik and unite current Sani Sabik.

In game channel: Cor Arcanus
Physical location: kfie-z 4-1

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 15:12 by Anyanka Funk »

genofunk

Re: Cor Arcanus - physical sani sabik playground
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2014, 08:35 »

Was burned down due to lack of interest. May try again if there is more interest in the future. If any of you want to claim your involvement in it's destruction icly that's fine. But I ultimately left it vulnerable.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:20 »

Prepare to face a massive resistance from the community for Blood Raider angle and here's why;

First off, prepare to be facefucked with urdoingitwrong. Have some pancakes first.

Blood Raider RP has been fucked over so many times by some stupid horny teenagers lipstick lesbian fetish and their need to be super edgy for drinking blood. From what little I've seen from you, you are heading down that same vapid road of bad decisions. The space vampire angle is so comically bad and juvenile that it's not even funny anymore, and hasn't been since 2009. This has most likely played a huge part in why people couldn't give two flying fucks about this project of yours. Unlike me, most pretend to be polite enough not say it to your face.

Blood to Blood Raiders isn't about wild sex parties, hedonistically drinking blood and fighting of the dreaded Tampon. It's religious sacrament, it is treated with dignity and reverence much like christianity deals with sacramental wine. If any of the late "Raiders" would bother to actually fucking read the source material you people might actually see that. It is also practiced with as much as piety as the Amarr core religion. The Burning Life gives you a really good glance at what it actually is to be a blood raider/sani sabik.

I can count with one fucking hand the people of late who've actually played an interesting non-stereotypical Blood Raider instead of this horrible Derp Raider shit that's been going on. Silas was among those very few. I wish he would come back and show this shit is done. He was my last beast hope for the Blood Raider RP.

This post is dedicated to all up and coming Blood Raider enthusiasts.

Peace out

Mods are gonna mod?

[mod]A great deal of 'you're doing it wrong' in a single post. Please remember that is not appropriate here and read the rules and guidelines (handily posted in the Introduction section) if you need a refresher on what is appropriate.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 23:09 by Silver Night »

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:30 »

Vince:

Me:

Mods:

[mod]No constructive content, derail, etc.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 23:09 by Silver Night »

genofunk

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:42 »

Mods, please don't hate on Vince..

I have read all the books. I'm playing Anya perfectly! Don't like it, send her a message IC or actually RP with her.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2014, 12:57 »

I have read all the books. I'm playing Anya perfectly! Don't like it, send her a message IC or actually RP with her.

Unfortunately, the "I'm doing it rite" attitude of many of those who have played Blood Raiders in the past is part of the problem.

Blood raiders have been an unfortunate joke for so long that newer Rpers now just think that's how they have always been, and so that's the best way to do it themselves.

Requesting some genuinely sinister Blood Raiders/Sani Sabik, no more space murder vampire baby eaters pls.

Bloody Omir ran away
Hiding from the light of day
Made a base out in the night
Far away from Empire's might

Holders think they all are safe
Protected by the Emp'ror's grace
Silly people, they should know
You shall reap just what you sow

Bloody Omir's coming back
Monsters from the endless black
Wading through a crimson flood
Omir's come to drink your blood

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2014, 13:28 »

I always thought someone who drinks blood, kills people, and consumes their flesh is likely a psychopath that no one wants to be around.

But someone that drinks blood, kills people, and consumes their flesh as the acts of sacrament to a faith that espouses personal power, strength, ambition and the glory of overthrowing a False God that protects the meek and unworthy while shackling those who deserve the right to rule by virtue of their own individual superiority to be Sani Sabik. (Probably still psychopaths).

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2014, 13:34 »

If any of the late "Raiders" would bother to actually fucking read the source material you people might actually see that. It is also practiced with as much as piety as the Amarr core religion. The Burning Life gives you a really good glance at what it actually is to be a blood raider/sani sabik.

I can count with one fucking hand the people of late who've actually played an interesting non-stereotypical Blood Raider instead of this horrible Derp Raider shit that's been going on. Silas was among those very few. I wish he would come back and show this shit is done. He was my last beast hope for the Blood Raider RP.

Blood raiders have been an unfortunate joke for so long that newer Rpers now just think that's how they have always been, and so that's the best way to do it themselves.
Requesting some genuinely sinister Blood Raiders/Sani Sabik, no more space murder vampire baby eaters pls.

I guess neither of you like CTCS either.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2014, 13:36 »

If any of the late "Raiders" would bother to actually fucking read the source material you people might actually see that. It is also practiced with as much as piety as the Amarr core religion. The Burning Life gives you a really good glance at what it actually is to be a blood raider/sani sabik.

I like you guys more than I like most of the modern Blood raiders.

Your jokes are actually funny.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2014, 14:06 »

Pretty much everything that Vince said is spot on. But I think theres another problem we're overlooking here.

Simply put, even if you were playing some of the best blood raider RP ever written, you've still got a very tiny demographic.

To put even more simply, it would be hard for many of the more reasonable capsuleers to "do it right" and not hate you. Sure the more ambivalent or morally black (even grey) characters may be fine with it, but its still a smaller crowd.

You're easy to hate/ not care about.
There I said it.

genofunk

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2014, 14:56 »

First, this is a game and we all play differently. Whether that be eating other people for pleasure or playing manipulating mind games.

To Kala, I really can't think of anything more sinister than eating people and not killing them (Anya tries not to kill her victims so they can enjoy the food with her)  or eating babies. If you can think of anything more sinister, please for the love of red god, become a blood raider.

Anya is not trying to be funny. She is following the word of red god.

To Visage, Vince doesn't rp blood raider does he? Maybe if he did, he would be spot on.

Raiders are easy to hate. Hate Anya, be scared to rp with her..

"Bloody Omir ran away
Far away from Empire's might"

That's what Cor Arcanus did and was only for the strong to be a part of. If that means that people that hide in class one anoikis systems stay away, that's fine.

To everyone, I'm going to continue to have fun with like minded people icly. Just posting here in case anyone is actually interested, this seems like the best place to do it.

Please don't get butthurt irl, this is a game.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 15:28 by Anyanka Funk »

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:17 »

Vince:

Me:

Mods:

Fun and open to critique.
Me:

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:25 »

To Visage, Vince doesn't rp blood raider does he? Maybe if he did, he would be spot on.

"Bloody Omir ran away

That's what Cor Arcanus did and was only for the strong to be a part of. If that means that people that hide in class one anoikis systems stay away, that's fine.

I'm going to continue to have fun with like minded people icly. Just posting here in case anyone is actually interested, this seems like the best place to do it.

I don't think anyone is OOC'ly upset. Just trying to explain to you why It's basically just you at the party.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:27 »

First, this is a game and we all play differently. Whether that be eating other people for pleasure or playing manipulating mind games.

To Kala, I really can't think of anything more sinister than eating people and not killing them (Anya tries not to kill her victims so they can enjoy the food with her)  or eating babies. If you can think of anything more sinister, please for the love of red god, become a blood raider.

I guess we just have different definitions of sinister then. To me, sinister does not involve showing someone their own liver before eating it (or however you play your game). It is far more about the subtlety, the creeping fear that something isn't right, that faint flicker of madness in a person's eyes. Melodrama has no place in "sinister goings on", in my opinion.

If I were to play a Blood Raider, I'd be taking inspiration from Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal more than.. what? Dracula? Twilight? God knows where the space vampire trope comes from. I'm always faintly upset to see Blood Raiders turned into a fetish object rather than the distinctly creepy cult portrayed in Source and TBL. I honestly, really, seriously, love the Blood raiders of PF. To me, they are one of the most interesting and emotive groups in Eve's backstory. Really, I wish I had the time to dedicate to a Blood Raider character.

But then, I'm not even subscribed.

I'm going to continue to have fun with like minded people icly. Just posting here in case anyone is actually interested, this seems like the best place to do it.

I doubt anyone is 'butthurt irl'.

More trying to avoid a situation of "not this again".

genofunk

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30 »

"Bloody Omir ran away

I don't think anyone is OOC'ly upset. Just trying to explain to you why It's basically just you at the party.

Sorry, modified post.

Just meant to say as a disclaimer. I'm not trying to attack anyone ooc.
Pages: [1] 2 3