Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cor Arcanus - physical sani sabik playground  (Read 10336 times)

genofunk

Re: Cor Arcanus - physical sani sabik playground
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:37 »

If any of the late "Raiders" would bother to actually fucking read the source material you people might actually see that. It is also practiced with as much as piety as the Amarr core religion. The Burning Life gives you a really good glance at what it actually is to be a blood raider/sani sabik.

I can count with one fucking hand the people of late who've actually played an interesting non-stereotypical Blood Raider instead of this horrible Derp Raider shit that's been going on. Silas was among those very few. I wish he would come back and show this shit is done. He was my last beast hope for the Blood Raider RP.

Blood raiders have been an unfortunate joke for so long that newer Rpers now just think that's how they have always been, and so that's the best way to do it themselves.
Requesting some genuinely sinister Blood Raiders/Sani Sabik, no more space murder vampire baby eaters pls.

I guess neither of you like CTCS either.

I like you guys more than I like most of the modern Blood raiders.

Your jokes are actually funny.

First, this is a game and we all play differently. Whether that be eating other people for pleasure or playing manipulating mind games.

To Kala, I really can't think of anything more sinister than eating people and not killing them (Anya tries not to kill her victims so they can enjoy the food with her)  or eating babies. If you can think of anything more sinister, please for the love of red god, become a blood raider.

I guess we just have different definitions of sinister then. To me, sinister does not involve showing someone their own liver before eating it (or however you play your game). It is far more about the subtlety, the creeping fear that something isn't right, that faint flicker of madness in a person's eyes. Melodrama has no place in "sinister goings on", in my opinion.

If I were to play a Blood Raider, I'd be taking inspiration from Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal more than.. what? Dracula? Twilight? God knows where the space vampire trope comes from. I'm always faintly upset to see Blood Raiders turned into a fetish object rather than the distinctly creepy cult portrayed in Source and TBL. I honestly, really, seriously, love the Blood raiders of PF. To me, they are one of the most interesting and emotive groups in Eve's backstory. Really, I wish I had the time to dedicate to a Blood Raider character.

But then, I'm not even subscribed.

I'm going to continue to have fun with like minded people icly. Just posting here in case anyone is actually interested, this seems like the best place to do it.

Please don't get butthurt irl, this is a game.

I doubt anyone is 'butthurt irl'.

More trying to avoid a situation of "not this again".

If you need PLEX, I can have one waiting for you in Jita. If that is why you don't play that is. I would love to see more perspective. I talk and rp with other "sani sabik" and "blood raider". We are all very different.

I get my influence from real life killers like Dahmer and Gacey. Although, one thing Anya will not do, as some of you may or may not know, is rape. I don't care how evil she becomes, she is not a rapist nor ever will be.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jun 2014, 15:54 »

If any of the late "Raiders" would bother to actually fucking read the source material you people might actually see that. It is also practiced with as much as piety as the Amarr core religion. The Burning Life gives you a really good glance at what it actually is to be a blood raider/sani sabik.

I can count with one fucking hand the people of late who've actually played an interesting non-stereotypical Blood Raider instead of this horrible Derp Raider shit that's been going on. Silas was among those very few. I wish he would come back and show this shit is done. He was my last beast hope for the Blood Raider RP.

Blood raiders have been an unfortunate joke for so long that newer Rpers now just think that's how they have always been, and so that's the best way to do it themselves.
Requesting some genuinely sinister Blood Raiders/Sani Sabik, no more space murder vampire baby eaters pls.

First, this is a game and we all play differently. Whether that be eating other people for pleasure or playing manipulating mind games.

To Kala, I really can't think of anything more sinister than eating people and not killing them (Anya tries not to kill her victims so they can enjoy the food with her)  or eating babies. If you can think of anything more sinister, please for the love of red god, become a blood raider.

I guess we just have different definitions of sinister then. To me, sinister does not involve showing someone their own liver before eating it (or however you play your game). It is far more about the subtlety, the creeping fear that something isn't right, that faint flicker of madness in a person's eyes. Melodrama has no place in "sinister goings on", in my opinion.

If I were to play a Blood Raider, I'd be taking inspiration from Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal more than.. what? Dracula? Twilight? God knows where the space vampire trope comes from. I'm always faintly upset to see Blood Raiders turned into a fetish object rather than the distinctly creepy cult portrayed in Source and TBL. I honestly, really, seriously, love the Blood raiders of PF. To me, they are one of the most interesting and emotive groups in Eve's backstory. Really, I wish I had the time to dedicate to a Blood Raider character.

I'm going to continue to have fun with like minded people icly. Just posting here in case anyone is actually interested, this seems like the best place to do it.

If you need PLEX, I can have one waiting for you in Jita. If that is why you don't play that is. I would love to see more perspective. I talk and rp with other "sani sabik" and "blood raider". We are all very different.

I get my influence from real life killers like Dahmer and Gacey. Although, one thing Anya will not do, as some of you may or may not know, is rape. I don't care how evil she becomes, she is not a rapist nor ever will be.

Thank you, but no. I tend to pay by card. I'm unsubscribed because I've been doing exams for the last month.

Variety is good. Unfortunately for the Sabik Rpers, there seems to be too much variety in too small a population. Not something that is easily solved, but I reckon a way to start the process is to get rid of the Sabik's current negative reputation (CTCS aside). The quickest way for this to happen is for there to be less dumb. As a general point, not directed at anyone in particular. There is no one person to blame for the state of Sabik Rp.

If the Sabik/Raiders are seen as a place where serious and at least semi-meaningful Rp takes place, then more people will be interested and willing to join in. "Build it and they will come" etc.

I am gratified by your last point. That is something that has taken up far to much time in Eve Rp in general, and I not of the opinion that we need more of it.

Edit:

Pyramids for the pyramid throne!

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

genofunk

« Reply #17 on: 26 Jun 2014, 16:10 »

Thank you, but no. I tend to pay by card. I'm unsubscribed because I've been doing exams for the last month.

Variety is good. Unfortunately for the Sabik Rpers, there seems to be too much variety in too small a population. Not something that is easily solved, but I reckon a way to start the process is to get rid of the Sabik's current negative reputation (CTCS aside). The quickest way for this to happen is for there to be less dumb. As a general point, not directed at anyone in particular. There is no one person to blame for the state of Sabik Rp.

If the Sabik/Raiders are seen as a place where serious and at least semi-meaningful Rp takes place, then more people will be interested and willing to join in. "Build it and they will come" etc.

I am gratified by your last point. That is something that has taken up far to much time in Eve Rp in general, and I not of the opinion that we need more of it.

Edit:

Blood Raiders are supposed to be evil, not have good reputations.

Red god is Satan. Blood Raiders are basically space Satanists.  :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jun 2014, 16:14 »

Edit:

Red god is Satan. Blood Raiders are basically space Satanists.  :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

You misunderstand.

OOC reputations seriously matters. If you have a good OOC reputation as an Rper, your character can be literally a baby-eating monster and there will be someone who wants to talk to you.

Having both a negative IC and OOC reputation is a death knell. Currently the Blood Raiders are considered monsters IC and a joke OOC.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

genofunk

« Reply #19 on: 26 Jun 2014, 16:25 »

Edit:

You misunderstand.

OOC reputations seriously matters. If you have a good OOC reputation as an Rper, your character can be literally a baby-eating monster and there will be someone who wants to talk to you.

Having both a negative IC and OOC reputation is a death knell. Currently the Blood Raiders are considered monsters IC and a joke OOC.

I understand completely, but I barely ooc.

Anya has quite a few friends IC who are into the same stuff. It's more like a different clique though since the people Anya plays with are usually banned for having fun or no reason at all.

Or are just hated for being pirates that don't pay rent.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jun 2014, 17:04 »

It's more like a different clique though since the people Anya plays with are usually banned for having fun or no reason at all.

This is kinda an inflammatory statement, and doesn't help things much.

genofunk

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2014, 17:31 »

It's more like a different clique though since the people Anya plays with are usually banned for having fun or no reason at all.

I probably shouldn't stoop to calling people a joke out of character either. Remember, it's a game. It doesn't matter who you are or what your reputation is ooc. I will play with you no matter who you are or what your play style is.. Even if you are a goon that never undocks!
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 17:38 by Anyanka Funk »

Zenariae

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2014, 17:44 »

Agreed. There is also a hypocrisy running throughout this whole thread which I've been following with interest. There's a lot I can say and will in time but right now I feel that I have several 80mil+ SP characters that are completely unplayable and the distrust of the whole RP community due to in game association with character/player Anyanka Funk. I'm quite frankly disgusted at the whole situation and disgusted with that player. I hold myself responsible mainly for the lack of planning, research, and not finding out more about the community before I started with RP. I don't really know any of you. I'm on my own here but I do need to and will be writing more about my side of this story in this thread.

genofunk

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jun 2014, 17:51 »

Agreed. There is also a hypocrisy running throughout this whole thread which I've been following with interest. There's a lot I can say and will in time but right now I feel that I have several 80mil+ SP characters that are completely unplayable and the distrust of the whole RP community due to in game association with character/player Anyanka Funk. I'm quite frankly disgusted at the whole situation and disgusted with that player. I hold myself responsible mainly for the lack of planning, research, and not finding out more about the community before I started with RP. I don't really know any of you. I'm on my own here but I do need to and will be writing more about my side of this story in this thread.

I don't even know what I did.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #24 on: 26 Jun 2014, 18:02 »

I'm on my own here....

No, you are not.

Please feel free to contact me both IC'ly and OOC'ly. I know we are in different TZ's but I would be happy to chat with you.

Maybe take some of the advice here and build a proper Sabik. :):):)

Zenariae

« Reply #25 on: 26 Jun 2014, 18:04 »

Oh I think you know exactly what you are doing.

genofunk

« Reply #26 on: 26 Jun 2014, 18:07 »

Oh I think you know exactly what you are doing.

If I did anything to offend you, I'm sorry. If there is something I'm doing now that offends you I will stop. But I honestly have no clue.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #27 on: 26 Jun 2014, 18:42 »

To Visage, Vince doesn't rp blood raider does he? Maybe if he did, he would be spot on.

Raiders are easy to hate. Hate Anya, be scared to rp with her..

Just because Vincent Pryce the character is not a Blood Raider, doesn't mean I have never played one. I have a Raider Character, who just went underground for now for the precise reason of 'Derp Raiders'. There was a distinct lack of interesting Raiders, there still is, and I don't have the energy or time to start running a corp of my own design. It's still there waiting for the right time. Now, just because you are a new kid on the block going on menstrual raider route doesn't mean your opinion carries for shit on how it's done, or should be done. If you'd actually listen to what the more experienced people around you say - and take advice where it's given, you might find yourself received better, instead of dismissing  them with "I'm right and besides you don't even play a Blood Raider". There are also plenty of characters with Sani Sabik with both leanings and devout practices, they just do not flaunt it in your face. Just because you do not see it doesn't mean it's not there.

You say you have read the books and the source material, yet you seem to miss everything actually written down in lore. Lets start with the Red God is Satan. No, it ain't nearly quite as black and white as that. Sani Sabik is an alternate interpretation of a pre-existing deity. Much like the difference between Catholic and the more extreme Pentacostal snake handling offshoots of Christianity. They both believe to be doing God's work in their own way, neither identifies their deity as the Devil. Neither do the Blood Raiders. You'd know this if you had actually read TBL. Blood Raiders do not view themselves as "Evil" they view themselves as righteous believers doing God's work. Much like the Amarr, heir concept on how to best server God is rather different, but to them it is how it is supposed to be the status quo of things.

I must say that Anya is neither scary or intimidating ooc or ic, both me and my character view her at best a pathetic joke among the capsuleers. He has no desire or need to interact with a useless poser, not worth wasting an emotional effort over. Vince enjoys mocking her on the Summit/IGS/Intergalactic summit, but that's about the extent of his interest. However, as you said, you will play your character as you want. Nothing is going to stop that. I just pointed out why the majority of the community can't be arsed with you and your projects. Because they are tired of that shit. Get original, get creative. Respect the lore.

For an actually scary Sani Sabik motherfucker I would also like to point everyone's gaze to Vaden Khale. That is sinister and intimidating done right. He's written some very impressive shit, and done shit in both RP and space. His celebration of Sabikannen is pretty nifty, if you can find it anywhere anymore.

As for Synthia, no I actually find CTCS entertaining. It might be a bit derp raider but it's not babyeating space lesbian patrol in space. Plus, your outward appearance could very well be how a southern Delve congregation might look on the outside. I have no idea what you guys do behind closed  doors so I can't really say more.

Zenariae, well, while you might feel that way and to a degree you are correct. This community judges one guilty by association, and carry grudges very long. However, if you actually do your homework and get your shit together your past derps can be overlooked. Jurou is one example of good character reform. Hell, I dug myself into some deep graves at first but managed climb out. It is all about receiving feedback and doing your homework. You mentioned you have an interest in Blood Raiders, yes the general opinion of Raider scene is low at best, but if you actually manage to pull a Raider crew together that is both impressive, does shit in space and not a fucking Captain Planet villain get-together you will earn a lot of cookie points in the process. I mean a lot. Entity like that hasn't been around since... Cruoris Seraphim, and they died off back in 2009, 2010? Though they dropped their RP towards the end all together.

Anyhow, I think I'm done with this funky thread. People with questions feel free to approach with evemail and private convos.

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 18:53 by Vincent Pryce »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jun 2014, 19:39 »

Have to say I don't. But at least you're creative so I tend to keep my distance and let you have your fun.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014, 19:49 by Karmilla Strife »

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #29 on: 26 Jun 2014, 22:19 »

Thread delivers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3