Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis Corporation was initially a Gallentean research firm that evolved into a drug cartel? Read more here.

Author Topic: BOUNDLESS CREATIONS REVEALS TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH  (Read 3788 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Neeewssss

Quote from: CCP Falcon
HAGILUR – Rumors of a significant breakthrough in gravity well generation technology were confirmed by Boundless Creations earlier today, after leaked holo recordings that showed prototype hardware were received by The Scope yesterday evening.

The footage shows testing of the most compact gravity well generator ever built, according to a press release made by Dr. Bogekur Alpur, Chief Researcher for Boundless Creations, earlier this afternoon.

Dr. Alpur refrained from giving specific details relating to the new generation system, but confirmed that “this technology has been successfully redesigned to occupy a footprint less than 12% of its original size. With this in mind, the portability and flexibility of gravity well generation systems has reached a new peak, and we are now in a position where we could consider harnessing the technology on a smaller, more mobile platform.”

Military analysts from both the Federal Intelligence Office and Republic Security Services have unanimously praised the research, with a number of key figures in the world of defense contracting in agreement that the breakthrough may have a number of beneficial applications, both military and commercial.

Closing out his statement, Dr. Alpur reiterated that “this breakthrough would not have been possible without the incredible minds, skill and dedication of some of the finest physicists and engineers in the cluster. These are the same minds behind the subsystems for both the Muninn class Heavy Assault Ship and the Wolf, which both remain staple hulls in the Republic Fleet to this day.”

When approached for comment regarding the potential security and military implications of the breakthrough, the Imperial Navy declined to comment on the press release from Boundless Creations.

....BLOPS frigates?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

Re: BOUNDLESS CREATIONS REVEALS TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2014, 15:37 »

What would be truly lol would be if Hilen Tukoss defection was actually involved in the breakthrough.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2014, 16:41 »

inb4 the release of WH generating modules
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Bayushi Tamago

• Lady of Many Faces
  • Clonejack
    • Threaded Pixels
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2014, 19:12 »

Perhaps we will finally see the t2 mining/logo art assets used... As micro bubblers, or cloak scrammers.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2014, 19:15 »

This could be the beginning of the story arc resulting in the summer expansion's new space stuffs?

genofunk

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2014, 20:51 »

http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/inventory.php?group_id=410
Has anti cloaking pulse always been in the database?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 15 Mar 2014, 20:52 »

Yes.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2014, 23:09 »

Minmatars blowing minds again. I swear they must had thought 'But for me it was Tuesday'.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2014, 03:43 »

Tbh I would be very wary about new cloaky little ships. Ghost campers have already been a plague for years...

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 16 Mar 2014, 10:09 »

It looks like:
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1069370

Neeewssss

Quote from: CCP Falcon
HAGILUR – Rumors of a significant breakthrough in gravity well generation technology were confirmed by Boundless Creations earlier today, after leaked holo recordings that showed prototype hardware were received by The Scope yesterday evening.

The footage shows testing of the most compact gravity well generator ever built, according to a press release made by Dr. Bogekur Alpur, Chief Researcher for Boundless Creations, earlier this afternoon.

Dr. Alpur refrained from giving specific details relating to the new generation system, but confirmed that “this technology has been successfully redesigned to occupy a footprint less than 12% of its original size. With this in mind, the portability and flexibility of gravity well generation systems has reached a new peak, and we are now in a position where we could consider harnessing the technology on a smaller, more mobile platform.”

Military analysts from both the Federal Intelligence Office and Republic Security Services have unanimously praised the research, with a number of key figures in the world of defense contracting in agreement that the breakthrough may have a number of beneficial applications, both military and commercial.

Closing out his statement, Dr. Alpur reiterated that “this breakthrough would not have been possible without the incredible minds, skill and dedication of some of the finest physicists and engineers in the cluster. These are the same minds behind the subsystems for both the Muninn class Heavy Assault Ship and the Wolf, which both remain staple hulls in the Republic Fleet to this day.”

When approached for comment regarding the potential security and military implications of the breakthrough, the Imperial Navy declined to comment on the press release from Boundless Creations.

....BLOPS frigates?

I think it could be something like in Star Wars: Wookiepedia, or Star Wars: Massassi Order, Star Trek. I could think of that it could be one of this, or even a mix of them.
So what I could think of is that the Gravity Well Generator is maybe a light version of those ideas:
  • So for Star Trek: I could think of that is it something close to the blurb text: Gravity Well creates a spatial anomaly at the target's location that draws enemies to its center and gradually crushes their ships, inflicting kinetic damage. The closer the target, the greater the pull.

• Graviton Generators skill slightly improves the gravitational pull while also improving the area affected by the anomaly. The damage inflicted by this effect is improved by your Particle Generators skill as well as your current auxiliary power.
  • Star Wars: Massassi Order: These devices send out powerful waves that disrupt the mass lines in space, thereby simulating the presence of a large stellar body such as an asteroid or a planet. The presence of such simulated mass prevents ships in the area from engaging their hyperdrives, and also drops ships already in hyperspace back to realspace.
  • Wookiepedia: A gravity well projector was an apparatus used to create interdiction fields. By simulating the gravity shadow of a planet or other celestial body, often called a gravity well, a ship's travel through hyperspace could be halted or their jump to hyperspace could be rendered impossible within the simulated gravity shadow. These generally large gravity well generators were most often used to counteract hit-and-run tactics and pin outmaneuvered or outnumbered enemies in place.

Contra to all three is, that I think EVE ships have a gravity nullification system. Which means a steady/fixed gravitation field doesnt influence the ship. Which means a system like in Star Wars is less likely, as well as that EVE already has interdiction fields/interdictor bubbles. As for non-steady fields, I could think that could work. A module which works faster as the ship own gravity nullification system, in other words is goes "on and off"/"online and offline" way faster as the ships can adapt; thereby creating always different gravity fields. For the untrain eye it would look like a wave? Maybe, I dont know. Contra point would be, that as it "on and off" all the time it hasnt such a deflaction. As for what it do.... It just pushes you to the ship with the module (like the earth gravitational field pushes you down to earth). For it would speak that Minmatar ships are more close range hit and run ships, you pull your enemy/enemies close and kill him. But unlike a stasis webber which works only on the target ship, this module works on all (even allies)?

Nevertheless, I think it will be a nice idea to have a new EW thingy. As I always thought that is the right way to avoid n+1 fallacies, as well as it spices things up.  :D
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2014, 10:11 by Publius Valerius »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2014, 12:31 »

did anything ever come of this ?
\o/

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2014, 14:06 »

Minmatars blowing minds again. I swear they must had thought 'But for me it was Tuesday'.

The minmatar, especially the Thukker are new eden's WH/Jump portal experts.    Being nomadic scavengers bee-bopping around  the lands of the former Jovian empire they are especially interested in technology related to mobility.   It seems they found something, or several somethings over a long period of time that gives them more insights into the technology.

When Blops were introduced and ICly the Minmatar were given credit I was scratching my head because gravity manipulation is the Caldari forte.   Digging into the lore of the Thukkers I found a few hints here and there that suggested the above as an explanation.    This was years ago and I have no links to my sources.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014, 14:18 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2014, 14:31 »

justo to clarify, chruker hasnt updated the database in a LONG time

you get this at the end of the menu page "Database: Rubicon 1.3.9 (761459)"

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2014, 16:04 »

did anything ever come of this ?
Medium MJD?
Article from March, MMJD announced May.  Possibly related, dunno, wasn't here.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.