Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Author Topic: Re: Feedback: EVE: Source  (Read 1689 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Feedback: EVE: Source
« on: 11 Mar 2014, 17:29 »

Mine arrived, cat is already marking it as hers though.  :(

A lot of the planetside concept artworks have me hrrnng-ing. Might scan some stuff for signatures.

It's only a matter of time until someone makes a PDF out of the whole thing.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Re: Feedback: EVE: Source
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2014, 00:01 »

Being UK, and hearing about how everyone else in the UK has one, I have a strong suspicion mine is with my next door neighbours...who have been away on vacation since Friday...

SO PLS 2 PDF YES!

Dessau

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2014, 00:57 »

You'll be excited. They totally changed the name of Caille.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2014, 10:57 »

Being UK, and hearing about how everyone else in the UK has one, I have a strong suspicion mine is with my next door neighbours...who have been away on vacation since Friday...

SO PLS 2 PDF YES!

While I am sure it will happen eventually, it will take longer than most books of this type since all of the Kindle versions are mobile-only. There's no Kindle version that can be read on a regular computer. So a PDF will have to either be leaked, or scanned by hand. And that's like, work.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:03 »

You know if someone could just scan the Gallente pages I would be more than happy to 'service' them for the remainder of their EVE career >_>

Shiki

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:18 »

You know if someone could just scan the Gallente pages I would be more than happy to 'service' them for the remainder of their EVE career >_>

If no one beats me to it I can get it going after lecture tonight.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:25 »

Define "service".

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:48 »

I don't think copyright infringement of CCP materials is something any of you should be discussing on Backstage. At all. Ever.

Not only do you risk your own accounts by implicating yourselves in it, but you also place the entire board at risk. It's illegal, even if Seriphyn has bought the book (which we cannot verify anyways). Even if it's not illegal, I doubt CCP would be okay with it.

I'm similarly going to report the offending posts, and strongly suggest the mods outright delete them instead of catacombing.

Publius Valerius

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:49 »

If I had it already. :( I would be more then willing to share SECOND HAND INFORMATION*, moreover with the chance to have a gallente officer in my dept. :D By the way how is the Elusenia-project going? Do you need a weirdo-Kingdom-Holder as diplomat/ambassador? I could bring the "ass" back into ambassador (sorry for the stupid joke :D).

As for the others dont be shy, some feedback wouldnt hurt. :D What you like and what you dont like?

________
*I can lawyer shit on CCP too. As I actually should, as they had ban me, and change the rules ex post facto. Moreover, that I lost money... half a mounths of payment ~6 euro. The more I think about it. I actually should do it. :D Just for the fun, that some lawyer-agency makes some money (like... My lawyer cost would be=5000euro.... claims costs=6euro :P. The more I think about it. :P). As for the feedback and information. As I told: Im happy to share SECOND HAND INFORMATION./Informationen zweiter hand, welche ich nicht besitze, ABER auch nicht beanspruche zu besitzen...etc...
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2014, 14:03 by Publius Valerius »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2014, 13:50 »

I don't think copyright infringement of CCP materials is something any of you should be discussing on Backstage. At all. Ever.

Not only do you risk your own accounts by implicating yourselves in it, but you also place the entire board at risk. It's illegal, even if Seriphyn has bought the book (which we cannot verify anyways). Even if it's not illegal, I doubt CCP would be okay with it.

I'm similarly going to report the offending posts, and strongly suggest the mods outright delete them instead of catacombing.

I wasn't actually suggesting anyone do this, merely stating that PDFs are always leaked eventually.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Feedback: EVE: Source
« Reply #10 on: 12 Mar 2014, 14:23 »

[admin]Jace's original comment regarding PDFs may have been innocent in nature; however due to Seriphyn's explicit request for a copyright-infringing PDF (the first of which could've been construed as an expression of desire for CCP to make the package available as a PDF but which notion was later dispelled by his offer of "service" to anyone who would illegally do so for him), the entire string of comments regarding PDF and scans and such (with the exception of one post made before Jace's first related post) have been nuked - the comments themselves, and the posts referring to them that did not otherwise contain content (two such posts were merely snipped).
Katrina's suggestion is noted, but as per our general method of letting these posts waste away down here in the Catacombs, it's a good idea for these posts to stand as an example of what not to suggest/request regarding reproduction of copyrighted material.  Nobody wants to see CCP hf get pissy at Backstage for harboring a wretched den of copyright-infringing scum and villainy.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.