Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [Character] Nauplius  (Read 23957 times)

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
Re: [Character] Nauplius
« Reply #90 on: 21 Nov 2014, 18:14 »

I have lots of fun seeing Nauplius incite Summit. I wish I could fit some of those quotes into my bio. They're classic!
I do wish we could see more of him at the parties that everyone keeps hosting. Just his presence would stir up some fun.

I think someone is hosting a 'Yule' party in EVE. Diana Kim was already told that no hand grenades would be allowed. Considering that the holy day of Christmas has it's origins in the pagan festival of Saturnalia, Naupilius and the Blood Raiders should fit right in. Saturnalia involved human sacrifice, as well as a blood ritual, orgies, and the eating of human shaped biscuits.

Also, in Germany there is Krampus the Christmas devil. His red skin makes me think of the red God. The German Santa gives gifts to good children, but the bad German children get whippings by Krampus and are sometimes enslaved and led into Hell.

http://www.krampus.com/who-is-krampus.php
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #91 on: 21 Nov 2014, 18:48 »

I approve of this and would like Anyanka Funk to attend with any Sani Sabik that claims loyalties to Omir Sarikusa. All cohorts of Anyanka Funk attending will receive a complimentary Ashimmu available in Z3V-1W for the convoy to the event.

Sahriah Bloodstone

• Clonejack
« Reply #92 on: 13 Sep 2015, 23:14 »

I am necroing this because I've recently been paying more attention to the IGS and have been thoroughly amused and perhaps slightly disturbed by Naup's recent antics.

Above all I wanted to thank Naup for not only the forum entertainment, but for actually creating content ingame. Sadly I have not made it to the recent tower bashes due to both TZ and the lack of a IC reason, but I have been watching closely and was glad to see a OOC chat on him here.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #93 on: 16 Sep 2015, 10:09 »

I am necroing this because I've recently been paying more attention to the IGS and have been thoroughly amused and perhaps slightly disturbed by Naup's recent antics.

Above all I wanted to thank Naup for not only the forum entertainment, but for actually creating content ingame. Sadly I have not made it to the recent tower bashes due to both TZ and the lack of a IC reason, but I have been watching closely and was glad to see a OOC chat on him here.

Naup is the only capsuleer who is willing to play a villain that people can actually kneecap. Yeah, sure, he is basically a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain but that's the only kind of villain who gets kneecap'ed once a week.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Sahriah Bloodstone

• Clonejack
« Reply #94 on: 17 Sep 2015, 00:14 »

Naup is the only capsuleer who is willing to play a villain that people can actually kneecap. Yeah, sure, he is basically a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain but that's the only kind of villain who gets kneecap'ed once a week.

There used to be many more 'villain' or 'bad guy' characters around when I rp'd back in 2008. I'm unsure if I'm just out of the loop now after taking such a long break, or if the pirate community is really not there anymore. I've been considering trying to revive a neutral venue for such folk but i'm not sure if people would be interested. I think more people would be willing to RP the villain if there was a community to RP with for that. It can be hard when you are just hated by everyone, especially when many people are so bad with the IC/OOC divide.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #95 on: 17 Sep 2015, 03:11 »

Villains are hard to play if you don't want to fall into the usual bad tropes... We are not in Cities of Villains/Heroes.

A proper villain is nuanced in New Eden I feel. Unless he is completely demented of course.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #96 on: 17 Sep 2015, 03:56 »

Villains are hard to play if you don't want to fall into the usual bad tropes... We are not in Cities of Villains/Heroes.

A proper villain is nuanced in New Eden I feel. Unless he is completely demented of course.

But Naup is completely demented!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #97 on: 17 Sep 2015, 09:18 »

Oh yeah I was speaking more generally on why it's not easy to find people playing good villains or villains in general in Eve, or anywhere...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #98 on: 17 Sep 2015, 09:48 »

The obligation to pull fleets together and the inability to effect any lasting change or victory makes things very, very tiring and dull, frankly. There is no 'kneecapping'.

We already spend our time dealing with one unwinnable war as it is thanks to Faction Warfare.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #99 on: 17 Sep 2015, 10:03 »

I honestly can't see the benefit. From an IC standpoint, every single thing done against him, and the pages upon pages of forum posts and Summit indignation towards what is effectively a minuscule drop of water in an ocean of baddies only encourages more and more of it. It does one thing and one thing only, further encouraging more and more towers, that are for all intents and purposes entirely pointless to engage.

The Empire holds and causes suffering among trillions of slaves, no one gets particularly up in arms about that. The Nation goes so far beyond the cartoonish mustache twirling villain in their abductions and treatment of people and it's largely treated as a philosophical issue. Angels and so on also cause untold horrors throughout New Eden. You don't see much IGS or Summit le gasps and horror when... say, Leo speaks.

One blooder sets up a tower with a minuscule amount of people in it, and New Eden goes nuts? Giving the blooder exactly the attention he wants and nothing you do can possibly do any good except cause another tower to pop up the next week with a new batch of slaves in it.

The only reason I can see for this is that he's simply an easy target. No one's going to have to risk anything by going against it, so they'll rawr and grr on the forums, and go bash yet another tower and claim grand victory, while the countless other baddies are sitting on the sidelines giving polite applause but seeing no action ever taken against them, because they aren't that easy to fight.

I can't see that this is really "creating content" as much as it simply distracts from everything else.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #100 on: 17 Sep 2015, 10:11 »

Most of us who are actually shooting the towers don't claim grand victory. We rarely post anything at all anymore, honestly. Naup's threads instead tend to get filled up with posts by the peanut gallery. Frankly at this point, for me destroying a tower is like capturing a plex. It's a long, boring grind, that we're doing purely out of obligation.

It stopped being content after the first two.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2015, 10:14 by Samira Kernher »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #101 on: 17 Sep 2015, 10:16 »

Yup, I'm referring to the community in general. It's very easy to say "No! Bad Nauplius! Feel our wrath!" and then pat oneselves on the back when PIE has finished bashing the latest tower. It'd be a bit harder to go after some actual bad guys in New Eden, than a cartoon villain. You'd risk both making enemies and actually having to fight.

PIE really should just ignore the next few towers and see if anyone else are willing to lift a finger.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #102 on: 17 Sep 2015, 11:42 »

In all candor, we were going to do exactly that - pass on the tower but then he made the point of saying the slaves were of Empire origin (from the mandate) so we felt icly compelled to do something.

Samira finally burned out on the one before.  This one finally burned me out.  I think if there is a next time there's a strong likeliyhood the Amarr bloc isn't going to roll out.  However, I am still a little tickled we managed to  put 4 dreads and a carrier and 30 other ships on the field to reinforce it and had similar numbers the next two nights while we reduced the tower.  The pictures are gorgeous!

« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2015, 12:15 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #103 on: 17 Sep 2015, 12:12 »

One blooder sets up a tower with a minuscule amount of people in it, and New Eden goes nuts?

People went nuts, because it was posted about on forums, a lot. As were previous towers.

In contrast, we operated a tower in Amarr itself, for several months. But didn't post about it. Nothing happened.

you might not like it, but it seems Moustache twirling, gets things noticed.

If that's the current RP metagame, then I'm not sure what can be done.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #104 on: 17 Sep 2015, 21:05 »

One blooder sets up a tower with a minuscule amount of people in it, and New Eden goes nuts?

People went nuts, because it was posted about on forums, a lot. As were previous towers.

In contrast, we operated a tower in Amarr itself, for several months. But didn't post about it. Nothing happened.

you might not like it, but it seems Moustache twirling, gets things noticed.

If that's the current RP metagame, then I'm not sure what can be done.

Not to mention the towers are an easy target. Angels? You have to go sniffing around, kill it by trimming the roots. Sansha? We don't even know where they base all their operations! Drifters? We are never going to figure out exactly where they are coming from either.

Naup though? Here's a tower now go kick it! Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain stuff, but it's easy (though tedious). The target is pretty clear (and painted with bright red bullseye) and etc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9