Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32182 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
Who's left in RP?
« on: 23 Jan 2014, 02:03 »

I have been away for 2 years. What is left of RP in EVE. Who are the major players, who is actually active. What is happening with the factions? oh and, hello  :)

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2014, 03:43 »

I'm here(although for just a year), and the Intaki Liberation Front is still around.

From what I see the RP crowd is still going strong.

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2014, 05:08 »

Pop into OOC or The Summit and you'll see :-)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2014, 05:27 »

Welcome back. Not sure myself...

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2014, 07:49 »

Alexylva Paradox is still very active, we're rocking the transhumanist angle.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2014, 08:21 »

Personally: Around and semi-active, more privately than publicly at the moment; I have some things that need to be taken care of before I can really change that.

Generally: Things are fairly active, though much has drifted to private or semi-private RP since people don't seem to be frequenting the usual haunts as much. There are on days and off days as usual.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2014, 08:27 »

PIE/Gradient/4th District/I-RED/ILF/Nighthawk/Alexylvia/TS-F/Pyre/Stillwater/Coreli/Stormcrows/CTC/DoT/Synenose....

Obviously there are others, but that's who immediately popped into mind. As Morwen said, much of the RP has moved into private arcs and groups now - much less public RP in public channels.

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2014, 09:01 »

To quickly add, DUST 514 has been released and has a growing RP community, with the DUST forum's Intergalactic Summit has been established the main ground for DUST RP. But other than that, yeah. Most of the RP has been moved to more private areas.

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2014, 12:11 »

No better way to find out than to IC jump-in feet first ;)

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2014, 13:11 »

Hiya Invelious! Long time no see.  :D

Anyhow, seeing who's left in EVE RP in general, or are you looking for specifics in the faction blocs?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2014, 13:36 »

Hiya Invel! Saw you in OOC the other night, real glad to see you back!

On the Amarr end of things:
- CVA is still in Providence, though unfortunately their major RP corp seems to have closed up. We still see occasional RP coming out of the Provibloc, though.
- PIE is still PIE. They've opened things up somewhat and now have an alternate corp, Praetorian Auxiliary Force [PAUX], for non-Amarr toons to operate under the PIE alliance. Gaven Lok'ri is currently running things.
- Not sure if this was the case when you left, but KOTMC closed a while ago.
- Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque [SFRIM] is an alternate Amarr corp run by Nicoletta Mithra. They're more relaxed in comparison to PIE, with less of a focus on ranks and racial/ship 'purity'. They are not in FW.

Finally, a note on Faction Warfare. I apologize if this is redundant, since I'm not entirely sure when you were last around: FW in general is in a pretty bad place, having been overrun by farmers for some time now. Due to a quirk in how LP is payed out, it is actually most valuable to be in a militia that is losing territory after having controlled most of the warzone. So, one side will achieve near or total system conquering, then over the course of a few weeks control will rapidly swing back to the opposite side's favor as people fire up their farming alts on the opposing side to grind out more LP and up-value what they've already collected. Fortunately CCP seems ready to release a colossal nerf to this, so we'll see.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2014, 19:50 »

Hello.
I'm still around.

Heth is gone, Caldari Prime shared by the Caldari and Gallente, Midular was assasinated in the Federation, leading to tensions and a battle between the Minmatar and Gallente navies, the Tribal Assembly is reformed...
-OOChé

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jan 2014, 23:29 »

Who's left in RP?

No one.

We all left. Sorry. :(
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jan 2014, 00:07 »

Finally, a note on Faction Warfare. I apologize if this is redundant, since I'm not entirely sure when you were last around: FW in general is in a pretty bad place, having been overrun by farmers for some time now. Due to a quirk in how LP is payed out, it is actually most valuable to be in a militia that is losing territory after having controlled most of the warzone. So, one side will achieve near or total system conquering, then over the course of a few weeks control will rapidly swing back to the opposite side's favor as people fire up their farming alts on the opposing side to grind out more LP and up-value what they've already collected. Fortunately CCP seems ready to release a colossal nerf to this, so we'll see.

I disagree with this. FW is a vastly better place than it was a few years back. The ability to make ends meet by doing the core mechanic of system control battles is enough of an improvement by itself. It certainly needs work, but there are a ton of good fights to be had in the current FW system.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2014, 15:49 »

Warning! Lurking NPC roleplayer just posted a message in this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17