Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Dramiel....  (Read 4016 times)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
The Dramiel....
« on: 10 Nov 2013, 18:31 »

... what is it good for?

Serious question, since opinion seems to be divided and I thought this would be a good place to ask.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
Re: The Dramiel....
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2013, 18:50 »

Absolutely nothing.

;)

For a serious answer that is worth the time it takes to read, ask somebody else.  I've been out of the PvP game for too long :P

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2013, 03:01 »

It's for catching things that don't want to be caught and then tearing it to bits, and for running away from things that wants to catch you.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2013, 03:48 »

It makes an absolutely awesome loot pinata.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2013, 04:28 »

It's little like the little brother of the vaga/cynabal/stabber, it's mostly a top skirmisher. Generally impossible to catch if you know what you are doing and are trying to stay away, you choose what and when you engage.

Desiderya

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2013, 10:44 »

My friend the doublewebs.
I think the Daredevil is the better of the two (let us not talk about the others, especially you, worm), simply because railguns are better at kiting and finding something that commits in brawl range /and does not have a plan/backup/ogb can be challenging. Generally speaking: Don't use it unless you really know what you do and especially what to expect.

Also enjoy being primary in any group situation. 8)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2013, 15:10 »

Used to be incredibly fuckoff OP. More balanced now, so many people declare it useless. Still an exceptional kiter or fast tackler, but requires knowledge of what you're doing. Right pain in the arse. Usually dies to a hookbill unless you just punch it in the dick with higher dps.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Desiderya

« Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2013, 18:32 »

Sometimes the hookbill punches things in the dick with superior DPS as well.  8)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2013, 02:49 »

Eeehh. Possibly. Not that often though. Hookbill's strength is applying the dps rather than having a lot of it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Desiderya

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2013, 08:10 »

Around 200 is quite possible - and applied dps is always better than paper dps, I don't see how that would count against burning the foe down.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2013, 08:37 »

Dramiel used to be the guy with the ball.

These days, it would not survive the clusterfuck about 4 seconds into that gif.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2013, 17:59 »

Every Dramiel ever deserves to die for the grief they caused me during their OP days.

I will never forget the dozen or so Slicers I've lost to the fuckers.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2013, 18:40 »

To be clearer on what people's issue with them was, they used to have no real downsides or weaknesses in combat. They had gun DPS on scale with gun assault frigs while still being able to launch four drones; they could also do this while still sporting a respectable tank. They did this while burning at some freakish speeds (the "baseline", IIRC was about 2 km/s with MWD) for extended periods of time, yet still being able to turn on a dime as needed.

The end result was tankier than an interceptor while still being able to practically spin in place, and sport more DPS than an assault frigate while flying faster. They were especially hellish for larger ships, where they could quickly get under guns while shrugging off light drone flights and then proceed to eat away at your HP with surprising speed. There was some subtitled picture that compared being attacked by dramiels to being bitten to death by supersonic mosquitoes.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2013, 19:09 »

There was some subtitled picture that compared being attacked by dramiels to being bitten to death by supersonic mosquitoes.

That was mine, and it was done after an all-Dramiel roam that Veto ran for shits and giggles - we posed for a photo op after we got home.

Behold:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2013, 21:16 »

It makes an absolutely awesome loot pinata.

This.
Pages: [1] 2 3