Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CSM results  (Read 5233 times)

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
CSM results
« on: 25 May 2010, 21:46 »

"Fifth Council of Stellar Management - Results are in!

The results of the recent council of stellar management are in. Mynxee has gained the position of chairman for CSM 5, receiving 4,116 votes. The nine council members in order of votes received are as follows: Mynxee, Ankhesentapemkah, Dierdra Vaal, Korvin, Vuk Lau, TeaDaze, Meissa Anunthiel, Trebor Daehdoow and Sokratesz.
The alternates, having come in positions 10 through 14, are mazzilliu, T'Amber, Helen Highwater, ALPHA12125 and ElvenLord.

Our congratulations to the elected members of the fifth CSM, and our thanks to all others who took part in the election. A dev blog with more information on the results will be published shortly after the EVE Online website returns to service."

Lets say there is one name there i had hoped not to see. Oh well, luckily the CSM has no real/direct power....

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: CSM results
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 21:48 »

Eh. There's one name I'd hoped not to see, too, but it's not the one I expect you mean.

Glad the candidate for whom I voted, TeaDaze, made it, and I count Mynxee as a friend so I'm glad to see that, too.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 21:50 »

Congrats to the winners.

I think whoever you didn't want to see, you can be happy that at least whatever power they do have is directed through a committee structure, too.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2010, 21:51 »

Eh. There's one name I'd hoped not to see, too, but it's not the one I expect you mean.

Glad the candidate for whom I voted, TeaDaze, made it, and I count Mynxee as a friend so I'm glad to see that, too.

Well, its abit hard seems to me not to like Mynxee...even if she is/was a dirty pirate and now have changed to being mercenary scum.... ;)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2010, 01:04 »

All hail Sokratesz  :twisted:

Vikarion

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2010, 01:38 »

I'm pleased to see both Sok and Mynxee on the CSM, together they should more than counter Ankh, who I personally feel may not be qualified to play Eve, much less serve on the CSM. (This is in reference to her comments about PvP being OOC immoral. I...disagree.)

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2010, 05:18 »

I don't have a big problem with Ankh being on the CSM.   It's purpose is to represent the viws of the players and there are a lot of 'bears out there.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2010, 06:39 »

I don't have a big problem with Ankh being on the CSM.   It's purpose is to represent the viws of the players and there are a lot of 'bears out there.

I don't think I have ever had a good interaction with Ankh on any topic.  I remember being pretty exasperated with her in the FW roundtable at FF2008, where she kept saying how medals would be the cure all to making people happy with FW.  Uhm...no.  Wasn't she also the one that basically said "elect me, I have boobs" in the first election?  As a woman, that kind of shit makes me want to cry.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2010, 17:13 »

Tch, I have boobs.  Maybe I should try for next CSM. xD

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2010, 20:18 »

Izzy for CSM chair? XD

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2010, 20:25 »

Beyond all the wordplay, scaremongering and bitching back and forth about who said what and how things were twisted, if I'm honest I really don't mind Ank being there at all.

A Pirate friend said it best that "Carebears need representing too" I just hope she does a good job of it.

Course she could suggest something stupid, and it'd get shouted down. But she wasn't the only one with really dumb ideas, infact I'd say Mynxee's comment of converting 1/3rd of highsec to lowsec was easily the daftest idea of any CSM candidate. Do I fear it'll come true with her in the chair? Do I hell, it's a group vote.

If I've any concerns it's more that some members of the CSM seem more focused on looking for ways in the upcoming meetings to make their colleagues look bad, than actually doing the job they were (bloc)voted in for.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2010, 21:01 »

And all the CSM does is provide a voice to CCP. The suggestions made by that voice have to be balanced against CCP's own vision, technical constraints, and the rest of the feedback they get.

No matter what any CSM rep says (and I don't have any particular heartburn about Ankh or Mynxee or any of the actual reps), we're not actually going to get Hello Kitty Apocs.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2010, 11:08 »

Dierdra got in, so it's all good.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2010, 19:33 »

This is in reference to her comments about PvP being OOC immoral.

This is frightening. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Shal Firestorm

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2010, 22:15 »

Beyond all the wordplay, scaremongering and bitching back and forth about who said what and how things were twisted, if I'm honest I really don't mind Ank being there at all.

A Pirate friend said it best that "Carebears need representing too" I just hope she does a good job of it.

Course she could suggest something stupid, and it'd get shouted down. But she wasn't the only one with really dumb ideas, infact I'd say Mynxee's comment of converting 1/3rd of highsec to lowsec was easily the daftest idea of any CSM candidate. Do I fear it'll come true with her in the chair? Do I hell, it's a group vote.

If I've any concerns it's more that some members of the CSM seem more focused on looking for ways in the upcoming meetings to make their colleagues look bad, than actually doing the job they were (bloc)voted in for.

I'm kinda an outsider being only now coming back and all but I agree with this, if this was a one person thing I'd agree to the whole 'no screw her' mindset around some forums, but on a group setting the whole point is to have many different views. If she does something dumb there seem to be enough smart people to go 'what, no shut up' and nip it in the bud, so it's hard to be too upset.

Grats to all the winners, this whole CSM is a really interesting idea that I'm glad Eve has.
Pages: [1] 2 3