Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: CSM results  (Read 5232 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: CSM results
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2010, 00:12 »

Am I the only one who totally apathetic to this entire CSM process?  :oops: I really wish I could care...but I just can't.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2010, 07:05 »

Am I the only one who totally apathetic to this entire CSM process?  :oops: I really wish I could care...but I just can't.

Nope, you aren't the only one.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2010, 13:25 »

I voted for Mynxee... I still don't have a lot of faith in the whole thing, so I tend to just look down the list and see if there's someone I like on it, and if so I vote for them.  I voted for Jade the first time, voted for Alekseyev Kardde, voted for Larkonis Trassler... I think there might've been a CSM where I didn't vote at all, but I forget.  Anyway yeah, go Mynxee!  If we can't have RPer CSMs, then we can at least have pirate CSMs who're well-versed in how lowsec works currently and thus have good ideas on how to improve it.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

The Cosmopolite

• Lord of Misrule
  • Wetgraver
    • eve-chatsubo OOC Forums
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2010, 13:32 »

I don't have a big problem with Ankh being on the CSM.   It's purpose is to represent the viws of the players and there are a lot of 'bears out there.

I don't think I have ever had a good interaction with Ankh on any topic.  I remember being pretty exasperated with her in the FW roundtable at FF2008, where she kept saying how medals would be the cure all to making people happy with FW.  Uhm...no.  Wasn't she also the one that basically said "elect me, I have boobs" in the first election?  As a woman, that kind of shit makes me want to cry.

A slightly unfair representation of her first CSM campaign but not without a kernel of truth to it.

On Ankh and interacting with her or, more particularly, her ideas... well, yes.

I find it a bit annoying that term limitations were junked because I think it will allow entrenching of particular incumbents with established and solid blocs for as long as they want to be on the thing.

I might be roused to feel more strongly about it if I believed that the CSM actually substantially changes anything these days. I fear that it really doesn't.

Nice idea but probably doomed if passive footlers are allowed to stay in their rotten borough positions on the thing till the crack 'o doom.

Cosmo

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2010, 13:34 »

I don't want a roleplayer CSM per se. I just want one that cares about immersion and maybe the fictional background. The rest is up to us.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2010, 13:44 »

Didn't vote, did not care enough.

Been working with outdated industrial & corporate interface for years at this point; not expecting any grand overall anytime soon.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2010, 16:13 »

I'm pleased to see both Sok and Mynxee on the CSM, together they should more than counter Ankh, who I personally feel may not be qualified to play Eve, much less serve on the CSM. (This is in reference to her comments about PvP being OOC immoral. I...disagree.)

What really puzzles me is why, if she really thinks PvP is bad, she goes and joins the Ammatar Free Corps (Which I still keep hearing as Freikorps).

Weird.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Vieve

« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2010, 16:20 »

Didn't vote, did not care enough.

Been working with outdated industrial & corporate interface for years at this point; not expecting any grand overall anytime soon.

It staggers me that storefronts have yet to be implemented.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2010, 16:24 »

We did get PI, though, and that's not a bottle full of piss.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2010, 20:08 »

Your right; PI is actually very interesting from an industrial, corp-building, supply chain, etc perspective.  No single individual can actually acquire the raw material & manufacture all the components for building a POS (what the PI products go into) via PI.  It will be interesting to see what the first PI produce POSs cost and the existence of POSs on the market may set artificial prices on these items (to include POS fuels).

Actually figuring this all out is no easy feat.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2010, 20:15 »

I don't want a roleplayer CSM per se. I just want one that cares about immersion and maybe the fictional background. The rest is up to us.
Well said.  That's more along the lines of what I was thinking when I made my post, actually.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2010, 21:53 »

It staggers me that storefronts have yet to be implemented.

oh please this, yes this!, i was so sad when they scratched the whole thing

Akikio L

• Wetgraver
    • Akikio's Plog
« Reply #27 on: 29 May 2010, 06:05 »

Your right; PI is actually very interesting from an industrial, corp-building, supply chain, etc perspective.  No single individual can actually acquire the raw material & manufacture all the components for building a POS (what the PI products go into) via PI.  It will be interesting to see what the first PI produce POSs cost and the existence of POSs on the market may set artificial prices on these items (to include POS fuels).

Actually figuring this all out is no easy feat.
Well, you can just buy POS mods from NPC and reprocess to PI components, thanks to CCP's infinite wisdom... :roll: EVE-O fred

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2010, 08:18 »

That is... frightening.  Sorry for the derail.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #29 on: 29 May 2010, 15:10 »

"Hey guys, releasing the command centers with the expansion will be unfair to people who didn't learn how to do PI on SiSi."

"Okay, but what do we do if somebody needs POS stuff between now and then?"

"Let's just leave them seeded until then."

"GREAT IDEA!"

:beer:
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: 1 [2] 3