Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders as a faction are motivated principally by the desire to draw closer to the Red God? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: US and Caldari  (Read 8360 times)

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
Re: US and Caldari
« Reply #45 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:18 »

I still insist that Singapore = RL Caldari State. <_<

You are serious? Singapore only has one megacorp: The Singapore Government. There's no competing megacorps on this island.

Yup. The Singapore Government is the Kaalakiota equivalent. Singapore has no lack of MNCs gobbling up the place, and aside from the lack of diversity of megacorps, in terms of culture I think the contemporary world is hard-pressed to find any other kind of people who are similar in culture with the Caldari. Look at all that social engineering we've had!

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #46 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:27 »

You are serious? Singapore only has one megacorp: The Singapore Government. There's no competing megacorps on this island.

Yup. The Singapore Government is the Kaalakiota equivalent. Singapore has no lack of MNCs gobbling up the place, and aside from the lack of diversity of megacorps, in terms of culture I think the contemporary world is hard-pressed to find any other kind of people who are similar in culture with the Caldari. Look at all that social engineering we've had!

My favourite memory of Singapore was my first time there, seeing a sign saying something along the lines of put all gum in the bin while a paramilitary police type with an assault rifle stood next to said bin under the sign.

Also, Davlos, does this mean all Caldari men are pussywhipped and have to carry their girlfriend's handbags everywhere?

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #47 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:31 »

My favourite memory of Singapore was my first time there, seeing a sign saying something along the lines of put all gum in the bin while a paramilitary police type with an assault rifle stood next to said bin under the sign.

Also, Davlos, does this mean all Caldari men are pussywhipped and have to carry their girlfriend's handbags everywhere?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Maybe that part of Singaporean culture ought to be ommitted. <_< When I go dating, I tell the woman to carry her own shit or GTFO. It may still explain how I'm single even though I'm not in-country for 11 out of 12 months of the year. :X

But yes, having a sign that demands you to place all your litter in the bin with a state security dude with an assault rifle to enforce that law is exactly what Singaporean society is like. We're all pussywhipped by the law. ;__;

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #48 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:41 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Maybe that part of Singaporean culture ought to be ommitted. <_< When I go dating, I tell the woman to carry her own shit or GTFO. It may still explain how I'm single even though I'm not in-country for 11 out of 12 months of the year. :X

But yes, having a sign that demands you to place all your litter in the bin with a state security dude with an assault rifle to enforce that law is exactly what Singaporean society is like. We're all pussywhipped by the law. ;__;

From my few months spent in Singapore I also quickly learned that the only surefire way to a Singapore woman's heart is to bring along your CV, know exactly where you're going to be in five years, and treat every date like a job interview. Some might think I'm joking now though, but there was a reason I had to pretend I was a HSBC banker for six months there. Thank God for friends that could provide the references.

My Deteis lady Executive I play is in fact a Singapore woman, I think.

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #49 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:49 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

From my few months spent in Singapore I also quickly learned that the only surefire way to a Singapore woman's heart is to bring along your CV, know exactly where you're going to be in five years, and treat every date like a job interview. Some might think I'm joking now though, but there was a reason I had to pretend I was a HSBC banker for six months there. Thank God for friends that could provide the references.

If that's the case, she needs to be a class A gold-digger who would ditch Davlos in favor of Verone because Davlos doesn't even have a carrier (car in RL terms), and Verone has trillions of ISK. :<

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #50 on: 18 Nov 2013, 06:55 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

If that's the case, she needs to be a class A gold-digger who would ditch Davlos in favor of Verone because Davlos doesn't even have a carrier (car in RL terms), and Verone has trillions of ISK. :<

Verone is a filthy foreigner who would shame her grandparents, and whose only use is to build an offshore social network that would facilitate arms shipments for the ruling party to keep those damn Malay and Chinese from invading because they jelly at all that peninsula swag and mad trade revenues?

I mean those damn Gallentean dogs who try to export their filthy culture to corrupt the Kaalakiota youth from loving the Dear Executives.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2013, 06:57 by V. Gesakaarin »

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #51 on: 18 Nov 2013, 07:00 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Verone is a filthy foreigner who would shame her grandparents, and whose only use is to build an offshore social network that would facilitate arms shipments for the ruling party to keep those damn Malay and Chinese from invading because they jelly at all that peninsula swag and mad trade revenues?

You're doing it wrong.

Verone is the filthy rich "Foreign Talent" who must be welcomed to the country so that he will spend and invest in the nation, thus hopefully having all that wealth trickle down to the masses (but it really doesn't). There is no shame in marrying a filthy rich foreigner.

The paranoia about Malaysia and Indonesia is just a creation and illusion cooked up by the ruling party to keep the people paranoid and afraid, so that the ruling party can stick their spurs deeper into the hides of the people.

Also, in order to keep wages low and to make sure that the masses are constantly busy so that they won't have any time and energy left for political activism, the ruling party must constantly import less-than-skilled white collar workers to compete in the local labor market in order to orchestrate a wage-depressing effect. The ruling party in the meantime must constantly call these imports: "Foreign Talent".

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #52 on: 18 Nov 2013, 07:06 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

You're doing it wrong.

Verone is the filthy rich "Foreign Talent" who must be welcomed to the country so that he will spend and invest in the nation, thus hopefully having all that wealth trickle down to the masses (but it really doesn't). There is no shame in marrying a filthy rich foreigner.

The paranoia about Malaysia and Indonesia is just a creation and illusion cooked up by the ruling party to keep the people paranoid and afraid, so that the ruling party can stick their spurs deeper into the hides of the people.

Also, in order to keep wages low and to make sure that the masses are constantly busy so that they won't have any time and energy left for political activism, the ruling party must constantly import less-than-skilled white collar workers to compete in the local labor market in order to orchestrate a wage-depressing effect. The ruling party in the meantime must constantly call these imports: "Foreign Talent".

I hope you're not writing that on Singapore soil because it sounds dangerously like you are not expressing adequate love and adoration for your Dear Prime Minister, citizen. He, who with his bare hands literally lifted the nation out of the swamp and marshes with the power of his will and vision alone.

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #53 on: 18 Nov 2013, 07:31 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

You're doing it wrong.

I hope you're not writing that on Singapore soil because it sounds dangerously like you are not expressing adequate love and adoration for your Dear Prime Minister, citizen. He, who with his bare hands literally lifted the nation out of the swamp and marshes with the power of his will and vision alone.

No sir-ee! I've been in 'Murrica for the past 2.5 years.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #54 on: 18 Nov 2013, 09:10 »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Back when I was in Polytechnic, my classmates used to joke that SWAT will drop from the ceiling if we ever stick gum to the underside of the table. Needless to say, this is false. I think that is an oddly placed dustbin, because I hardly see State-Sec types standing near the bins with the 'No-Litter' sign. However, being forced to do community service for littering is unfortunately very true.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #55 on: 18 Nov 2013, 11:58 »

I have no idea what's going on in this thread, except I think Veikitamo just impregnated Davlos or something.  :eek:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]