Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Author Topic: FW Changes  (Read 7608 times)

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
FW Changes
« on: 18 Oct 2013, 23:20 »

Recently CCP created a cluster of threads on the DUST 514 forums explaining their intentions to revamp how the DUST side factional warfare works, and in quite a big way. Link to the main thread can be found here, along with the links to other threads further detailing the changes.

But in its essence, the DUST FW is going to be more involved with EVE and get some FW mechanics from EVE, biggest of them being standings to empires when you win or lose battles, loyalty points and the loyalty point store with exclusive top tier weaponry and equipment.

I'm sure everyone here knows how the LP store works, so I'll skip to the part where you can gain them. When you complete a factional contract, aka. complete a battle win or lose, you gain LP and standing towards the empire you fought for. The higher your standing level is, the more LP you will get from completing contracts.

But with the new LP system, you will no longer be rewarded ISK from FW battles, only loyalty points and standings which would make it an option to public contracts, and an ISK sink. Friendly fire is also going to be enabled, but you can't kill too many teammates or you will lose standing towards your empire. Get your standing below 0 and you get locked out from FW for 24 hours, after it gets reset back to 0.

Warbarge orbital strikes are also going to be removed from DUST FW too, after the update you can o ly call in an orbital strike with the help of an EVE pilot. And in general dusters are going to see a lot easier how their battles affect the entire war at large, along with what happened to the district they fought and other stats involving FW. They also hinted at letting non-NPC corporations sign up for FW too, which would be nice.

So that's pretty much the gist of things with this new update. It doesn't have any set release date yet, but it will probably/hopefully come out someshere during this year. I am definitely looking forward to these changes, even though I'm not going to be participating in them. But I'm a little concerned that since there is no player market, FW runner would have a hard time making any profit out of faction contracts, and grindingnpublic matches to repay your losses doesn't sound too fun. What do you think?
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2013, 23:25 by Denak Kalamari »

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: FW Changes
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2013, 00:05 »

The addition of team damage is striking me as dangerously open to abuse. Fail to punish TK-ers, and you invite blue-on-blue. Punish TK-ers through standings, and you allow one blue to harm others through suicide (intentionally getting killed by friendly remotes, for example).

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2013, 05:42 »

very interesting changes, im glad to see we are finally getting standings, came a little sooner than i expected

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2013, 06:14 »

noiiiiice!  :yar:

i welcome those changes

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2013, 16:15 »

Will there be POS fuel savings in FW zones?
You are RPing wrong.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2013, 20:00 »

Will there be POS fuel savings in FW zones?

There already are POS fuel savings in the EVE FW mechanics.  At Level 5, it is 20%.  They were introduced in Inferno.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2013, 04:52 »

Thank you.
You are RPing wrong.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2013, 02:22 »

Team damage is going to be a pain when nade spamming around objectives or when having a shootout in confined spaces or friendlies just randomly crossing your line of fire.

That said I'm looking forward to the Rail Rifle not only because it's Kaalakiota and awesome but at last a rifle that comes with an ACOG 4x as standard. It's also described as being part of the KK, "Stahl" line so I guess Caldari really are German, hur hur.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2013, 02:37 »

It's also described as being part of the KK, "Stahl" line so I guess Caldari really are German Space Nazis hur hur.
FTFY.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2013, 03:19 »

It's also described as being part of the KK, "Stahl" line so I guess Caldari really are German Space Nazis hur hur.
FTFY.

Only good old KK has the black, red, and white loved by all proper fascist organizations.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2014, 23:15 »

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #11 on: 07 Feb 2015, 14:35 »

I'm really worried about not making ISK from FW-specific fights...? Is that to keep non-loyalists disinterested...?
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #12 on: 07 Feb 2015, 15:38 »

I'm really worried about not making ISK from FW-specific fights...? Is that to keep non-loyalists disinterested...?
FW is a bit different from the changes described in the OP in its current meta.

The reason, at that time, for no ISK in FW fights was that the LP store provided weapons/modules at a fraction of their normal ISK cost (plus, obviously, a tier-associated LP cost).  So, loyalist or not, people did FW to get cheap ADV/PRO gear (weapons, nanohives, uplinks, etc.).

Nowadays, if I'm not mistaken there is still no ISK (or very little ISK) in FW matches, but LP rewards were increased dramatically to make the battles worth it.  I haven't played in a while, though, so there may even be new FW changes since Warlords dropped that I'm not aware of yet.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 Feb 2015, 16:10 »

These warbarges.

Do they show up in orbit? Can you kill them & if so what effect does that have on the Dustie?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #14 on: 13 Feb 2015, 09:27 »

Given that all i run is Caldari FW battles in dust nowadays i think i can answer some questions here...

Arnulf
 I assume you mean the Duster owned Warbarges? no they don't, they are just some invisible entry in space......To the dusters its picture of a warbarge put on a moving background that does not even resemble any kind of space...

Aedre & Havo
Just to confirm, There is no ISK in FW battles...but there has been a increase in LP items to buy off the stores...sadly with NO player market there seems to be no real value, thus discouraging loyalists, despicably since FW is extremely lopsided with the Caldari getting their ass whooped along with amarr FW, making it difficult to get LP to purchase stuff they want

Really its just a huge grind....