Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Slaver Filth?  (Read 9552 times)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
Re: Slaver Filth?
« Reply #45 on: 16 Oct 2013, 22:47 »

Well, it speaks for itself, I guess.  While you want to say that the idea of an asshat Amarr doesn't lead to pleasant RP, he gets a lot more interaction than more pleasant and thoughtfully-created characters.  He's exactly what people want to see on the IGS.  We tend to vote with our posts, and he's engendered a reaction if nothing else.

I wouldn't call him the most constructive character ever, but he's the Amarr everyone wanted.  I might have misgivings, but it's hard to argue with results.

That's like saying the most successful trolls are the people we want to interact with on forums.  People have a tendency to respond to abrasive things.

People are gluttons for punishment, it seems.  Nobody really has the need to interact with him, in fact most people could just ignore him and move on.  People don't though.  They'll stop and take time to have long, drawn out fights with him.  So maybe successful trolls are the people you do want to interact with, if abrasive things are what tends to provoke a response.  If you wanted to interact with people who weren't abrasive, they'd be a lot more popular.

Hell, I didn't remember hearing anyone say anything about Silas until she pulled a mustache twirl and blew up a ship full of orphans.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #46 on: 16 Oct 2013, 22:51 »

Silas-c had a habit of only posting when she had something to say that she felt was important enough to run the risk of being wasted on everyone else's ears.

Morwen used to only post occasionally in a similar fashion, but being sick and under effective house arrest for her own health kinda left her with not a lot to do, so being a wiseass on the IGS turned into something she could do without raising the ire of her 'warden'.

And frankly, yeah. People tend to respond to things they really ought not to. Some things will really get under Morwen's skin. Shit like what he's posted is a prime example. It's disgusting, it's horrid, and it's using her as the subject/target.

Blocking's also pointless when people quote each other. You're still going to see people's posts in the end.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2013, 22:52 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 16 Oct 2013, 23:00 »

Which might be true, but I remember her posting on my threads a lot before then.  She just wasn't particularly mentioned and didn't stand out that much until the community heard about that.  It wasn't like she wasn't around, but Silas was definitely part of the background noise until then.  I just thought it was noteworthy that it took that to make her a popular subject of conversation on IGS.  It might be the nature of the game, but it does tend towards the adversarial.  Which is probably why a sort-of troll has such a big presence on the IGS itself.  I just think that the idea of trolls garnering such a reaction out of online communities probably says more about the community than the trolls.

I guess it's hard for me to blame Slaver Filth's player for derailing threads when everyone seems to like the derailment better than the original (sometimes civil) nature of the previous conversation.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #48 on: 17 Oct 2013, 01:59 »

Pretty sure that's not Vea.
Am I just the number one suspect anytime someone's doing something perceived as silly?

Nonsense, Vea is the sum of all fears and demonic joining of our enemies.
This is totally going in a bio somewhere.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2013, 02:04 by Isis »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #49 on: 17 Oct 2013, 04:39 »

I think both points are right and not mutually exclusive.

People are eager to answer to trolls.

It then depends what you call being successful : garnering abrasive answers after your own abrasive trolling, or creatin g a successful character itself that is recognized for what he/she is and still garners interest, even with less flamboyance (but a lasting flame on the long run).

Anslol

« Reply #50 on: 17 Oct 2013, 07:49 »

I think he's basically been discredited ICly and backed off a bit since Anslo-c called him out as the equivalent of a cyno alt (cyno bitch)....then again I have yet to check the forums.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 17 Oct 2013, 12:45 »

Hell, I didn't remember hearing anyone say anything about Silas until she pulled a mustache twirl and blew up a ship full of orphans.

No offense, but I make a purposeful effort of spacing out the mustache twirling as to not be too annoying, or at least to mitigate that effect.  Popping into the occasional thread for a few quips and then vacating is not on the same league as Mr. Filth.  Blowing up a few orphans or other assorted shenanigans I try to space out so as to be the very opposite of Mr. Filth's thread conduct.  I like my moustache twirling to be at the end of the day more related to other people and possible interaction and often undetermined outcomes rather than forum arguing.

S. can be an annoying character in larger doses so I try to space things out. Events, threadnaughts, exploding impressionable youngsters. 

Back to topic though!

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #52 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:42 »

No offense, but I make a purposeful effort of spacing out the mustache twirling as to not be too annoying, or at least to mitigate that effect.  Popping into the occasional thread for a few quips and then vacating is not on the same league as Mr. Filth.  Blowing up a few orphans or other assorted shenanigans I try to space out so as to be the very opposite of Mr. Filth's thread conduct.  I like my moustache twirling to be at the end of the day more related to other people and possible interaction and often undetermined outcomes rather than forum arguing.

S. can be an annoying character in larger doses so I try to space things out. Events, threadnaughts, exploding impressionable youngsters. 

Back to topic though!

Oh, I didn't intend any offense, if that's the way it was taken.  Mustache twirl isn't usually a derogatory term, just means doing something so blatantly evil that it's essentially meant to garner hate.  That's probably why I hadn't heard much out of you though before then.  It's probably good not to CAPSLOCK the evil too hard.  I was just pointing out that there wasn't much else that really pushes people to the fore that way, so I didn't even really separate her out until she blew up orphans.  Sometimes, it just seems like everyone is kind of looking for a fight, so they tend to give a lot of fuel to trollish characters when they show up.  They're the gift that keeps on giving.

Unless you meant no offense to me.  I'm not Slaver Filth, just to clarify.  My complete prick is Roman, who has an ICly good reason not to talk very often.  He just doesn't care about people enough to usually say anything.  When he does, he's intensely unlikable.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #53 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:46 »

Yeah, most of the 'moustache-twirling' that Silas has done happened before you started playing (or at least browsing the IGS), back when she came out of the Sabik closet almost two years ago.

Too busy shooting people and generating tears ingame to bother doing it on the IGS, that one. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #54 on: 17 Oct 2013, 13:50 »

Yeah, most of the 'moustache-twirling' that Silas has done happened before you started playing (or at least browsing the IGS), back when she came out of the Sabik closet almost two years ago.

Too busy shooting people and generating tears ingame to bother doing it on the IGS, that one. :lol:

heh :P

Actually you 'nice' characters have it easy you get to socialize in the summit all the time and chew the fat.  When the more ebil people come on to chat people leave or get pissy more often than not.  It makes me spend more time lurking in channels than participating, but small dosage better than all drama all the time.

That being said gonna start pissing off more of you soon (tm)

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #55 on: 17 Oct 2013, 19:53 »

heh :P

Actually you 'nice' characters have it easy you get to socialize in the summit all the time and chew the fat.  When the more ebil people come on to chat people leave or get pissy more often than not.  It makes me spend more time lurking in channels than participating, but small dosage better than all drama all the time.

That being said gonna start pissing off more of you soon (tm)

I think that evil people are interesting if they actually have motives and idealogies that go beyond 'for the evulz'. The 'for the evulz' people are not to be spoken to, only shot at.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 18 Oct 2013, 08:53 »

writing mis-directing fake evelopedia entries to give yourself special roles, that is a new low?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3753021#post3753021

bwaahhahahaa

it's like those phishing sites you get to when you mis-spell a popular website by one letter

I have to imagine some EULA thing with this?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #57 on: 18 Oct 2013, 09:08 »

You could report it to YARR I guess. vOv

As for those phishing sites, you can find some pretty hilarious ones if you add a few o's to google :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Anslol

« Reply #58 on: 18 Oct 2013, 09:18 »

Actualllllyyyy under the new EULA about impersonating authorities from NPC Corproations (Lord on the Theology Council vs Admiral Derp of Scope)....he could get shat on.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 18 Oct 2013, 09:20 »

I'm not stooping to those run and tell mamma tactics, but I did send an IC mail to one of the amarr actors goading them a bit about it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5