Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: EVE Rubicon  (Read 20606 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: EVE Rubicon
« Reply #90 on: 20 Oct 2013, 08:49 »

And while I'm at it:

Quote from: Sugar Kyle
Ghost Sites - They are different from the current sites. That is all they can say when someone asked if they were just a return to the old data/relic sites. They can't say how different but they are different. Live events and the Rubicon trailer are focused around these in the near future.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #91 on: 20 Oct 2013, 08:52 »

And also this:

Corpse locator agents so people can kill people who have their corpses or something? Rise wanted to know WTF was wrong with people and their corpse obsession. Fozzie is a corpse collector. It seems that 2/3 of the game design department is obsessed with corpse collections and have discussions about how corpses can be more important. Fozzie has suggested a corpse launcher. Rise stared at him as if he was insane.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #92 on: 20 Oct 2013, 10:36 »

And while I'm at it:

Ghost Sites - They are different from the current sites. That is all they can say when someone asked if they were just a return to the old data/relic sites. They can't say how different but they are different. Live events and the Rubicon trailer are focused around these in the near future.

Affinity has a post up about these on the forums, they drop the BPCs for a series of warp speed increase Pirate Implants known as the Ascendancy set.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #93 on: 20 Oct 2013, 10:41 »

And while I'm at it:

Affinity has a post up about these on the forums, they drop the BPCs for a series of warp speed increase Pirate Implants known as the Ascendancy set.

Aye, I've set up a thread about it here. Would have done it earlier, but the Eve Forums broke and I couldn't search for Dev posts.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #94 on: 31 Oct 2013, 06:52 »

Apparently, Ytterbium spotted some whining about the Caldari ships getting 'shafted' and decided to respond in rhyming form:

Quote from: CCP Ytterbium
It is the end of days,
CCP has lost its crazy way,
EVE is dying, or so I hear,
Tell me Devs, is that happening dear?

My character has lost its face,
My ship doesn't fit the race,
My game play crushed under heavy mace,
Tell me Devs, what is my place?

Amarr say, give our turrets back!
Caldari shout, missiles we do lack!
Gallente scream, blasters hit like sack!
Minmatar rage, we need more flak!

Fozzie and Rise, to the block!
How dare they make us flock!
Our ships smell like dirty sock!
Screw you Scottie, we can't undock!

Or so they say, if I may,
Having all races talking is no dismay,
Instead means they are all equal,
And that change is not lethal.

The final verse is particularly interesting, as it would suggest the the balancing team are actually deliberately working towards somewhat homogenising the four races. Or at least stopping some of them from wildly outclassing the others in certain aspects of gameplay.

Desiderya

« Reply #95 on: 31 Oct 2013, 10:06 »

That does hardly come as a surprise, no? Or did you think the intent of a 'Rebalance' was to just shift the balance of power into another direction, instead of, well, balancing it.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #96 on: 31 Oct 2013, 10:24 »

It's a question of whether you want rock-paper-scissors or a bunch of rocks.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #97 on: 31 Oct 2013, 10:31 »

Considering the failure of the former, I can't blame them.

Though we will lose a lot of variety in the process... :/

Makoto Priano

« Reply #98 on: 31 Oct 2013, 22:43 »

I think you're all reading into it a touch too much. I took it as, "If everyone's complaining, then we must be doing something right, because they're all equally upset that their own race isn't OP."

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #99 on: 01 Nov 2013, 04:18 »

I think you're all reading into it a touch too much. I took it as, "If everyone's complaining, then we must be doing something right, because they're all equally upset that their own race isn't OP."

This is what I got from it vOv

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #100 on: 01 Nov 2013, 12:09 »

Roundabout.

Quote from: CCP Fozzie
Hey guys, small change we're planning for Rubicon that we wanted to let you know about.

At Fanfest this year a player chatting with CCP Masterplan mentioned that there was a lack of good exploration content for new players who decide to go pirate early in their EVE careers. Being locked out of high sec means being locked out of most new player friendly combat exploration. It's something the team has been thinking about since.

So for Rubicon we're making a fairly simple change that will expand most of the highsec combat exploration content (combat anoms, DED complexes and unrated complexes) into lowsec as well. This content will exist alongside the existing lowsec stuff. The new sites will not replace any existing lowsec content or reduce the spawn rate of any existing sites. They will be in addition to the existing spawns.

At the current numbers we have them spawning half as often in lowsec as they do in highsec, and those numbers may increase either before release or in a subsequent point release, depending on the demand we see.

This will mean that those of you running lowsec combat exploration will find new types of sites on your scanner, and many lowsec systems may have a lot of sites. We think that with the scanner it should be easy enough to avoid anoms that aren't worth your time, and many players both new and old will be interested in the loot gained from the 1/10 and 2/10 level signatures. We also like the flavour of low security space being absolutely filled with lots of pirate installations of many shapes and sizes.

This change will be on Sisi after the next update, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Nissui

« Reply #101 on: 01 Nov 2013, 12:35 »

As someone who was disappointed trying piracy a month into playing, I like the principle of this change.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #102 on: 02 Nov 2013, 06:02 »

Rapid firing artillery for everybody!

Quote from: CCP SoxFour
This is a very simple change, so I am just going to list out all the changes:

Dual 650mm Repeating Artillery and all its variations have been renamed as follows:

Domination Dual 650mm AutoCannon
Dual 650mm 'Scout' AutoCannon I
Dual 650mm AutoCannon I
Dual 650mm AutoCannon II
Dual 650mm Carbine Repeating Cannon I
Dual 650mm Gallium Machine Gun
Dual 650mm Prototype Automatic Cannon
Gotan's Modified Dual 650mm AutoCannon
Mizuro's Modified Dual 650mm AutoCannon
Republic Fleet Dual 650mm AutoCannon

800mm Repeating Artillery and all its variations have been renamed as follows:

800mm AutoCannon I
800mm AutoCannon II
800mm Heavy 'Jolt' AutoCannon I
800mm Heavy 'Scout' AutoCannon I
800mm Heavy Carbine Repeating Cannon I
800mm Heavy Gallium Machine Gun
800mm Heavy Prototype Automatic Cannon
Domination 800mm AutoCannon
Gotan's Modified 800mm AutoCannon
Mizuro's Modified 800mm AutoCannon
Republic Fleet 800mm AutoCannon

6x2500mm Repeating AutoCannon and all its variations have been renamed as follows:

6x2500mm Heavy Gallium Machine Gun
6x2500mm AutoCannon I

If you are wondering why, basically because it was stupid before and stupid needs to be fixed. I think most of these were actually supposed to be artilleries when first created based on the item they were copied from and then later made into autocannons. Just their names and descriptions were never properly updated.

Let me know if I have missed something in these weapons and their renaming.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #103 on: 02 Nov 2013, 06:47 »

That's not stupid to begin with, that was what it really was fluff wise. A repeating piece of artillery, working on similar principles as artillery, but with an effect closer to an autocannon. I guess the thought behind it was initially that you don't have autocannons above a certain size when it's not possible to scale it to such proportions, but you can try to get the same result with big artillery guns (close to medium size artillery) firing in quick repetition.

That was the same principles behind medium beams and pulses for example, that were actually small sized weaponry but so huge that it was using gimped medium sized weapons.

They sacrificed that on the altar of ergonomics, which I can understand, but that's a little sad to see though... They should have kept it in the item description or something;..

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #104 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:16 »

I wish that they based the larger guns off the vulcan style multi barrel machinegun.

This is mostly because I absolutely love the graphics for gatling pulse lasers, and the fact I can fit the larger and better guns on pretty much all Amarr frigs/dessies means I never get to see those awesome spinny barrels.

Infact, sidetracking!, there needs to be larger gatling pulse lasers, and make them the most powerful type of their turret size. MOAR SPINNYBARREL
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10