Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation?

Author Topic: Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 2340 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« on: 17 Sep 2013, 05:06 »

Why:

It's been interesting to see people ascribe motivations, reasons for my complaint to CCP.  Furthermore, it's been interesting to see some of the rather outlandish claims about me.

Firstly, complaints to IA are done via email.  It is not a petition.  Secondly, I have never attempted to deny that I was the one, I was simply not around when the change was made.

The reason was simple: The Summit was the nexus of the RP community and the main vector for CCP realtime interaction with players.  There were players that were denied access to The Summit.  Thus, they were denied access to CCP actors.  After numerous attempts to work out something with the mods of the channel, I finally complained to CCP IA.  I actually informed the channel owner that I was going to do so in advance. They looked at the situation and the results are apparent. 

The withdraw from all player events was an unintentional consequence. 
Am I happy to have broken The Summit's stranglehold on RP?  Yes.  Of course I am.  In my mind, moderation should be as light as possible.  The main rule should be "are you here to RP?"  If so, you can stay.  Now there is a viable alternative for people that wish to Role Play outside of the ridged framework of the Summit.
I have long been in favor of a more open RP scene, that would hopefully grow.  I hope that this move by CCP can help speed that process.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 09:58 by Ciarente »

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2013, 05:54 »

Yes, the rules of The Summit were totalitarian in the extreme, including such monstrous edicts as:

No nudity
And
No murder

Never in all my years...
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 05:57 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2013, 07:25 »

explanation

Regardless of the motivations you mention, I really truly hope that is the outcome, something tells me future events will unfold in less favorable conditions.

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2013, 07:31 »

wat
Oh well, if that's the case, I'll be sure to steer right clear of those two channels and just force myself to make moar content for people to enjoy.

Enjoy the new empty channels though. vOv

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2013, 07:53 »

The Summit's stranglehold on RP ... ridged framework of the Summit

Dammit, that made me laugh. There was so much shit you could get away with in the Summit... I'm sorry, but the idea that the moderation there is anything but relaxed and tolerant is a joke.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2013, 08:20 »

Isis,

No matter what gyrations you go through, you can't force other people to like you, or want to talk to you.

You can make 100 channels full of 1,000 dev actors; if anyone does show up it will be to talk to them, and people will continue to not have an interest in much of anything you do, say, or think, based on a horribad resume of channel shittery and ooc derpery.

Cheers!

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2013, 08:21 »

i.e. you're insane, and not in a good way like me (i'monone.gif).

EDIT: Complains about moderator tyranny.
Reports posts that call her out.
M8

EDIT2: And reporting AGAIN? Get a new shtick and stop flip flopping more than a house of pancakes. If the mods and Summit is so bad, why are you reporting to engage their 'tyranny?'

EDIT3: AND A THIRD REPORT? Three times a charm? Seriously why don't you try defending yourself and your reasons instead of trying to censor truthful, legitimate questions?
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2013, 08:56 by Anslol »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2013, 08:54 »

Desiderya

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:10 »

Great success!
You made the world a shittier place for everyone involved.
You should consider a career in politics.

Anslol

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:12 »

Careful, she might report you for telling the tru-too late.

Seriously, you complain about mod abuse of powers then try to use those powers to censor what you've done and who you are. Wat.

Anslol

« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:23 »

Well I think Falcon was sort of forced to 'shit on the mods' by the IA jackboots (not to be associated with Veik's Archuran Schoolgirl Jackboot Brigade [tm]). Mostly cause IA got a complaint from a certain obvious someone who didn't like that they were given das boot for being a rather horrid person IC and OOC from forcing people off the game, to RL emotional blackmail.

Welp vOv

EDIT: I give it under 30 seconds before they try to report me again to try and censor the truth.

Anslol

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:37 »

(not to be associated with Veik's Archuran Schoolgirl Jackboot Brigade [tm]).

I kinda work for them  :evil:

I, for one, welcome our Jackbooted Skimpy Dressed Archur Overlords.

EDIT: Took the person 10 minutes to report this time. Welp.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #12 on: 17 Sep 2013, 09:58 »

[mod]Please do not post, or respond to, flamebait. [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.