Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39542 times)

Alizabeth

• Egger
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #195 on: 18 Sep 2013, 15:15 »

But I'd like to take a moment to direct people to the WGoE public channel where Vea is a moderator. In the motd, it specifically says that most mods will give warnings before banning, but "Vea is a bitch and goes straight for the ban button"

The WGoE public channel exists for the sole reason of helping female EVE players get in touch with a WGOE mod for an interview.  I see no reason for males to be in that channel at all, so any misbehavior results in a ban.  It's like comparing apples to drywall.

Anslol

« Reply #196 on: 18 Sep 2013, 15:31 »

It's not a matter of comparison between channel purpose/content relevancy. It is the action/policy of those responsible for said channel  contradicting their raucously proclaimed beliefs of channel moderation.

In other words, hypocrisy.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #197 on: 18 Sep 2013, 16:01 »

I'm going to give the Intergalactic Summit channel a fair chance. So far, I've seen little difference with The Summit, apart from that it's a little quiet (which is good compared to naked slave trolling parties). I encourage you all to see/test if the channel is really going to be as bad as you think it's going to be. Therefor I invite you all to join me. :)

Unless of course, something you didn't like already happened, in that case, fill me in.
-OOChé

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #198 on: 18 Sep 2013, 16:40 »

As it stands I has rooms for x channels. I don't has rooms for two OOCs and two Summits - therefore I stay with OOCs and Summits that work for me.

Also, I have heard lulzworthy things about the new channels so am disinclined to go out of my way for derp - a quantity I already possess in abundance.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #199 on: 18 Sep 2013, 19:03 »

Reading the second log makes me  :bash:

Apart from the fact some people can't remove their hands from the keyboard, because they're more focused on getting in cheap digs than allowing for civil discourse, the amount of snark has me sitting here thinking "You're just proving the point of why CCP went and did this."

Quite frankly, a lot of people are reacting in a manner that I consider beneath the level of maturity I've long associated them with. Yes, Falcon's about as blunt as a brick to the face, he always has been direct and cutting through the bullshit. He's also always been someone to try and put things right when his manner of speaking has offended, the fact some people have an inability to stfu for a moment or two makes me wonder if some people actually care about the RP community, or just want to further their own ego at the expense of everyone else.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Vikarion

« Reply #200 on: 18 Sep 2013, 22:53 »

Quite frankly, a lot of people are reacting in a manner that I consider beneath the level of maturity I've long associated them with. Yes, Falcon's about as blunt as a brick to the face, he always has been direct and cutting through the bullshit. He's also always been someone to try and put things right when his manner of speaking has offended, the fact some people have an inability to stfu for a moment or two makes me wonder if some people actually care about the RP community, or just want to further their own ego at the expense of everyone else.

I think that the very minor problem some people seem to be having is that it appears that Falcon is essentially coming down hard and boisterously on other people for a policy which, heh, he not only supported as a player, but also - according to reports - was the only true example of.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #201 on: 18 Sep 2013, 23:44 »

so any misbehavior results in a ban. 

Banning people for misbehavior as defined by the channel moderators for their own player-created channels?

Great idea, we should make some channels where that's the policy!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #202 on: 18 Sep 2013, 23:46 »

Anyway this thread has probably run it course, yea?

Falcon apologized, and there is enough butthurt to go around... this discussion isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #203 on: 19 Sep 2013, 02:56 »

Banning people for misbehavior as defined by the channel moderators for their own player-created channels?

I agree.  Unless CCP is there.  If a CCP dev starts hanging out in WGoE Pub, the rules will be revised.  They will be the TOS and EULA.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #204 on: 19 Sep 2013, 04:35 »

I agree.  Unless CCP is there.  If a CCP dev starts hanging out in WGoE Pub, the rules will be revised.  They will be the TOS and EULA.

But you'd still be the one enforcing the rules, which is clearly tyrannical and removing the ability of harmless individuals to interact with CCP.  Not good enough, tsk tsk... haven't you heard?  Unless it's CCP themselves handing out punishments, it's unfair.

Alizabeth

• Egger
« Reply #205 on: 19 Sep 2013, 04:46 »

But you'd still be the one enforcing the rules, which is clearly tyrannical and removing the ability of harmless individuals to interact with CCP.  Not good enough, tsk tsk... haven't you heard?  Unless it's CCP themselves handing out punishments, it's unfair.
Of course not.  I would open a GM ticket.  Getting someone banned from the game is much more satisfying than simply banning them from a channel.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #206 on: 19 Sep 2013, 04:51 »

Of course not.  I would open a GM ticket.  Getting someone banned from the game is much more satisfying than simply banning them from a channel.

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #207 on: 19 Sep 2013, 04:52 »

You know those rules I talked about? No murder, no nudity etc?

You broke both of those rules. And those are just the ones that are relatively public knowledge.

So I hope, genuinely, you can see why people find "I AM THE LAW" Vea hard to swallow. It's going to take more than forum posts to convince people that you did what you did out of a want for fairness.

Things so far just seem to say Vea did this for Vea.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2013, 04:54 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lyn Farel

« Reply #208 on: 19 Sep 2013, 05:26 »

Reading the second log makes me  :bash:

Apart from the fact some people can't remove their hands from the keyboard, because they're more focused on getting in cheap digs than allowing for civil discourse, the amount of snark has me sitting here thinking "You're just proving the point of why CCP went and did this."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #209 on: 19 Sep 2013, 05:32 »

You know those rules I talked about? No murder, no nudity etc?

You broke both of those rules. And those are just the ones that are relatively public knowledge.

So I hope, genuinely, you can see why people find "I AM THE LAW" Vea hard to swallow. It's going to take more than forum posts to convince people that you did what you did out of a want for fairness.

Things so far just seem to say Vea did this for Vea.

Vea always does things for Vea.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21