Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char once gave Kaleigh Doyle a lamb as a pet?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [SFRIM] Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque open for recruitment!  (Read 22103 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain

More people need to join and come say nay to my presence in the Amarr Empire. It's not a proper day of logging in if at least one of the ladies of SFRIM come frown upon my presence in local.

;)

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!

More people need to join and come say nay to my presence in the Amarr Empire. It's not a proper day of logging in if at least one of the ladies of SFRIM come frown upon my presence in local.

Note to self: Inform Vince in local that he's pirate scum. Will make his day.  ;)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

We're still recruiting!

Lunarisse Aspenstar

*BUMP* We're still recruiting! Message me or Nico if interested.

http://sfrim.forumotion.com/t36-interested-in-sfrim-a-faq-by-nicoletta-mithra

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

We just recently expanded our corp facilities and are looking for people to put them to use! Applications are welcome or just directly contact Luna or me directly.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

*cheerily* Yep! I am especially proud of the fact that different corp members teamed up to make channel/room descriptions for a new space to give room for private or group rp for corp members :)  I especially like the church Nico did.  That reminds me,  I need to finish hooking up the rooms so we can have an opening party!

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you

I have just joined this awesome group of Amarrian Faithful.

It's been great so far.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

Just as a clarification.

Does the condition 'No racists' mean in game racism? Are statements about the Minmatar being inferior, or the Gallente as subhuman unacceptable?

Well done on the design, the name, and the creation BTW.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!

Just as a clarification.

Does the condition 'No racists' mean in game racism? Are statements about the Minmatar being inferior, or the Gallente as subhuman unacceptable?

Well done on the design, the name, and the creation BTW.

Look at it this way. In this corporation, they accept any race into their fold, so long as they're of the Amarr faith and are loyal to the Amarr Empire. Do you think it'd be appropriate for one of their own members to be calling other races 'subhumans' or 'inferior'? That would be indirectly insulting of at least one of their own fellow corp members, thus making it uncomfortable for said non-Amarr member(s).

So in case what I said above wasn't a clear answer, yes. No in-game racism allowed.  :P

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

Thanks for the clarification!

Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

What Rin said.

There is also more reason to/philosophy behind not allowing IC-racists in then simply not offending other members (and we don't want OOC-racists either, btw. >,>):
The goal is to portray the reasonable and maybe even sophisticated side of Amarr (religion). This rules out fanatics and racists as well for scientific and theological reasons. Fanatics are by definition unreasonable. Reacism is at its core a naturalistic/biologistic view that a) is at odds with the science of biology and b) eventually collides with any reasonable concept of God.

Therefore we expect to have better reasons/explanations/justifications for assuming whatever superiority of whatever people. In general the view pushed by the corp here is that Scripture already 'hints' at what makes people superior: Living a righteous life in fear of God. God didn't choose people for their race, but for their ethical qualities.

Thus SFRIM isn't opposed to a superiority theory (of the Amarr people) in general, but opposes simplistic explanations of the 'my blood is purer'/'my race is better' kind, which reek with self-contradictions and contradictions to good Amarrian cultural practice. They thus fit by far better heathens and heretics like the Bloodfriends - or other people who can't use their ability to reason. Concisely: Racism is a ideology that inferior people need to make them feel great, because they are unable to act in a superior way.

Of course, we don't expect that all our members burden their mind with such sophisticated theological thought. We have experts for that. Also, the Amarr consider orthopraxy to be more important then orthodoxy, after all.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2014, 09:51 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Jace

• Veteran

I don't have any particular involvement with any of the groups mentioned, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I really appreciate it when people have more thoughtful reasoning behind these sort of details. It is nice to see things move beyond shallow archetypes.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Lyn Farel

Do you still recruit useless librarians ?  :)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Who said librarians are useless?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5