Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Author Topic: Problems with OOC  (Read 3209 times)

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
Problems with OOC
« on: 21 Aug 2013, 13:15 »

At first I was semi-lenient with the OOC posting on the Summit, but after a while I started to understand the importance of having complete immersion in a forum. It is really starting to undermine the work of people who take the time to always make sure they are in character when someone comes along on the forum and begins making references to events that the average merc wouldn't know about or asking questions about gameplay mechanics. Even good-humored jokes making fun of some of the gameplay driven aspects of DUST 514 really feels like it is taking away from the seriousness of the lore.

What I am trying to say is: We need to figure out a way to keep the forum "pure." Chances are if you are posting on this forum then you make an effort to follow the rules of the summit, but there are a multidue of cases were users have made OOC comments without even having the courtesy of bracketing in their comments. Obviously we can't 100% prevent this from happening, but pressing for greater mod oversight would work wonders IMO.

What say you?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Problems with OOC
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2013, 13:18 »

Do more about the rule already there?

What is 'further mod oversight'?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2013, 13:19 »

Where do you mean? In the ingame channel, or the IGS on the Dust forums?

If the former, we try to direct people to the OOC channel when possible. If the latter, report the posts as having OOC content - there should be a little flag next to the post headers that you can click on. A CCL/ISD/dev will get to it eventually and take care of it if you do that.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2013, 13:29 »

I was talking about the IGS. Admittedly, I kind of feel like the mod teams on the forum kind of treat the IGS like an afterthough. I was just wondering if there was any way we could talk to the forum staff and get an idea of how our board is handled. It would be nice to know if there is a specific mod we can take this up with if any of you know who that might be. I have modded forums before and I was placed in charge of a specific board so individual moderaters could react more quickly and closely with individual users.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2013, 14:03 »

I was talking about the IGS. Admittedly, I kind of feel like the mod teams on the forum kind of treat the IGS like an afterthough.

It is an afterthought. The DUST forums didn't have an IGS when it first launched.

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2013, 22:15 »

I've just started reporting every single OOC post I see in the IGS, qnd it seems CCP Eterne is mostly watching over our IGS. While the DUST IGS is definitely an afterthought, and I've noticed that they only really start taking action when a report is made or there's a huge thread with nothing but OOC.

So yeah, just report them, it's the easiest way.

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2013, 02:31 »

What the others have said.   Plus,  promote this forum :)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2013, 03:30 »

All noted. Thanks for the help guys! :)