Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Amarrian "godflesh" taboo forbids against cloning? Until YC119, anyway!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A Terrible Realisation  (Read 5643 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: A Terrible Realisation
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2013, 00:09 »

I make my comments when required and do not respond to pointless flames that arise due to my faction.

I lol hilariously at Repentance's one liners, for the record.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2013, 00:57 »

I make my comments when required and do not respond to pointless flames that arise due to my faction.

I lol hilariously at Repentance's one liners, for the record.

Glad you approve :D

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2013, 12:55 »

I went from gladiator to spectator.  Call it weariness, call it wondering if the effort was worth it, call it deciding that I had more fun being obtuse1 or obstructionary2 ... I dunno what to call it.

1I think I laughed for a solid week when Anslo mistook Celeste for a Gallente purist/raving nationalist.  Of course she didn't correct him: that error was as much a win for her as it was for me.
2'Obstructionary' for me is when Maris desperately feels the need to comment on something, but is also too worried about potential consequences to say what she actually means.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2013, 13:48 »

I'm still mostly a spectator. Karm isn't interested in the content of most threads.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #19 on: 30 Jul 2013, 15:37 »

I'm still mostly a spectator. Karm isn't interested in the content of most threads.

I should start a thread about Karm being Kaz's love slave..... see if you would stay a spectator to that one.   :idea: :twisted: :oops:
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 30 Jul 2013, 15:39 »

I should start a thread about Karm being Kaz's love slave..... see if you would stay a spectator to that one.   :idea: :twisted: :oops:

Do eeet

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 30 Jul 2013, 15:53 »

Threads like that get a more personal response  :yar:

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #22 on: 30 Jul 2013, 16:07 »

Response like: "Oh baby, come out to my low-sec love nest, and I'll show you a wonderful time with my Incursus!"  :twisted:
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #23 on: 30 Jul 2013, 20:09 »

Watch it, K-Ry. That's my Virtua-wife you're talkin' about there. D:<

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jul 2013, 04:36 »

What was the moment some of you guys transitioned from spectator to gladiator? :D

When I first logged on.

« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2013, 04:39 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jul 2013, 05:30 »

Mostly given up on the IGS as a place for anything of merit to occur. Nice to see everyone taking so readily to the minmatar bashing though.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #26 on: 31 Jul 2013, 06:05 »

Mostly given up on the IGS as a place for anything of merit to occur. Nice to see everyone taking so readily to the minmatar bashing though.

This is primarily a symptom of the 'low hanging fruit' mentality many tend to engage in when they have no clear objectives but to make words for the sake of doing so (right or wrong I am not the judge of, but it is clear that a lot of instances of this behaviour are 'because I haven't got anything else pressing to do right now'). 

When Heth was a thing, anyone who supported him got bashed, even during his glory days of doing no wrong (from an IC perspective) beyond shaking up theo ld order and centralising everything.  Sure, OOCly we know, and ICly now know he was a terrible, misguided man with extreme views.  But yet the low hanging fruit got picked and proptly stepped on 'because it's easy to do'. 

ATM, Minmatar have been put under the lens due to attacks on their ally over a matter of honour, a concept which is oft misinterpreted even by those who profess to abide by such a code. 

Not to mention, whether it is real or not, the events of Heth's removal have instilled in the general public an impression that there is a new metagame to role play - apply enough pressure and things you don't like will go away.  Likely an incorrect assumption borne out of one recent scenario, but it doesn't do anything to prevent the militant pursuit of one's objectives (both meta and IC - as if there's a difference). 

I tend to comment only if a topic is relevant to Aelisha - Heth was bad for business after the initial patriotic wave, so commenting either way became a taboo subject, and she'll bash the Federation on almost any grounds (though minmatar being aggressors makes it a weak position to attack the Federation military with words - though their judicial and extradition system is a key area of concern). 

Then again, i do not know why more people aren't targetting the statistical facts of each nation - the State is an oppresive regime even when under corporate rule, the Federation isn't even pretending it doesn't want everyone to act like a Gallentean in the next few generations and so on.  It seems like the Empire and Republic get the worst of it simply because they've been portrayed as foils to the 'more modern' fed and State for a long time, and I'd love to see more constructive roleplay, building internally rather than attacking externally, to bring the fact that both are successful interstellar nations to the fore. 

rant done I guess - but the culture of attacking for no reason will not go away unless it is ignored wholly.  Aggression should be for clear, IC and in game benefits IMO, not as a verbal bloodsport.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #27 on: 31 Jul 2013, 06:37 »

I would just like for a change to see PF or whatever else focusing a little on the modern side of the amarr and minmatar. Kindof weary of the usual Amarr = spanish inquisition and Minmatar = nude drumcircles.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #28 on: 31 Jul 2013, 06:44 »

I would just like for a change to see PF or whatever else focusing a little on the modern side of the amarr and minmatar. Kindof weary of the usual Amarr = spanish inquisition and Minmatar = nude drumcircles.

Pretty much this.

i want more focus on the immense stability and resilience of Amarrian culture and society.  Also the way in which the Minmatar dealt with the economic shock of having hundreds of systems dropped into their laps post-rebellion, and learning to manage those systems in the short time they have been a 'unified' nation. 

Both have overcome immense challenges and this really isn't looked at enough.

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #29 on: 31 Jul 2013, 09:20 »

I've never trolled on the IGS so I really wouldn't know what that's all about.

Are there some tips you could give me, maybe?

Veik troll detected.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4