Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Who has rl kiddies?  (Read 2410 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: Who has rl kiddies?
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jul 2013, 13:59 »

Two teenage daughters, both of whom are avid gamers and regularly clean my clock at Halo. :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jul 2013, 14:03 »

As someone who hasn't been an adult for that long, no I don't. However, I would love to have daughters (mostly because I never got on with my own brother, but get on fine with my sister).

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #17 on: 02 Jul 2013, 19:39 »

Four kids, one girl age 11 and three boys ages 10, 8 and 4.  They are all better at computers and electronics than I am but I drag them outside in the summer  :)  I blame all my white hairs on their antics but love them.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 02 Jul 2013, 21:22 »

One 5 year old boy.  He is essentially my clone.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jul 2013, 06:56 »

Awwww! Hubby wants Alex to play eve too lol.

Anslo, weirdly enough, Alex doesn't cost that much and he's pretty well behaved. It's down to how you parent IMO.

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #20 on: 07 Jul 2013, 13:38 »

As a grandparent I am happy to report, soap bubbles are your friend!

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 08 Jul 2013, 12:58 »

Eh, I'll chime in.  We have one 3 year old boy who knows no fear, and is directly responsible for about half my white hairs.  But wouldn't trade him for the world.  And once he gets hand eye coordination under control, I will be giving him my hauler alt.  I figure I can get about 5 years of that before I end up becoming HIS hauler alt. 

And Bruno, strange, mine still sleeps like that with his head tilted back. 

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #22 on: 09 Jul 2013, 10:33 »

One 4.5 year old boy who's mad for books, Mario, Lego, his dog and anything coloured pink. He speaks three languages, knows I only understand one of them well and relishes in using this to his advantage. Unfortunately, the only language-based skill I seem to have taught him is a long list of curse words 'we can't say' along with the contexts they're used in. He repeatedly reminds me of that list whenever I break the rule.

Lately he's been pestering me to teach him how to play 'that spaceship game' but New Eden's just not ready for him.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2013, 11:11 »

Awwww! Hubby wants Alex to play eve too lol.

Anslo, weirdly enough, Alex doesn't cost that much and he's pretty well behaved. It's down to how you parent IMO.

^ This right here.

That said, I have a great deal of respect for people who have the courage to simply say "Kids aren't for me, not interested".

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2013, 12:49 »

Uh, why ? I'm definitely in that case and I do not see how I deserve such a respect...  :eek:

Courageous people are people actually getting kids... 

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #25 on: 11 Jul 2013, 13:29 »

Not really, no. There are plenty of people having kids because "that's what you do" or "it'll bring us closer together" or whatever reason, despite the fact that they really don't have any interest in being decent parents.

I like being a parent, I like my kids. I think being a parent was a good thing for me. That doesn't mean that I think it'd be a good thing for everyone.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #26 on: 11 Jul 2013, 14:26 »

Not deciding to have kids proper, but actually keeping with it until the end, raising them, and coping with all of what it implies. That is what is courageous.

Consciously deciding that I don't want to deal with all of this seems rather the opposite to me. Not that I am a coward on the matter since I have a lot of rational reasons behind it (quite mixed on the matter), but maybe at least a little.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #27 on: 11 Jul 2013, 20:19 »

I was an unplanned parent, with no idea what to do or how to do it. As a male who lacked a father figure, I always feel like I'm being a bit of a trailblazer in my efforts to 'be a good dad'. On the one hand, I often don't know how to react to certain situations... but as a child of an absent father, as long as I'm around, I'm doing better than he did.

Also, I am fucking terrified of their eventual adolescence. Seriously. Brix will be shat.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 11 Jul 2013, 22:46 »

Also, I am fucking terrified of their eventual adolescence. Seriously. Brix will be shat.

Quote from: My Dad
I am glad I had two sons, I wouldn't have know what to do with girls.

Good luck with that.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jul 2013, 06:13 »

Quote from: My Dad
I am glad I had two sons, I wouldn't have know what to do with girls.

Good luck with that.

Boys are just as scary....especially if Alex takes after hubby....oi.  :bash:
Pages: 1 [2] 3