Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Khanid and Sansha ships were originally half lasers half missiles split ships?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IPI/ILF – Ch-ch-ch-changes  (Read 7420 times)

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
Re: IPI/ILF – Ch-ch-ch-changes (Faction Warfare)
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jul 2013, 13:30 »

Good stuff and good reads, folks should check out your forums.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2013, 03:15 »

I'm a bit late to the party, but it's good to see new lines finally drawn out here. I'll be watching developments with interest.

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jul 2013, 12:19 »

Sakaane, my old friend, I'm glad to see these changes. The Harriers stand with you on this, and as you well know, I am very interested in cooperative operations between your people and mine, as we have similar goals (though a much less restrictive ROE ;) as we've discussed before).
I do have to respectfully disagree with your's and Bataav's thinking that FW members plexing in Intaki and its surrounds is irrelevant, or "the color of the flag doesn't matter". The simple fact is that capsuleers engaged in capturing complex sites for their faction are richly rewarded for their 'loyalties' to their empires. Not only does this enrich them personally ISK-wise, but enables the creation of more faction ships, modules, and ammo, all of which drives the war machine onward and 'upward'.
If ever there was a case of the 'military-industrial complex' being the 'tail that wags the dog', this is it.

Further, I've found that a disturbing number of FW members avoid the actual "conflict" part of the war at all costs. Leaving complexes as soon as someone shows up on the d-scan, or flying ships mounted with as many warp core stabs as will fit, for example. I have yet only had one person ever attempt to actually engage me for entering their FW plex, even then, the best they could do was :stalemate:, and like the less-courageous ones, they eventually left as well.

Of course, in the end, that just keeps the occupation level down, or prevents it from changing hands, that does nothing for Intaki's true independence. It is, however, no small amount of fun at times. ;)

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2013, 02:44 »

I do have to respectfully disagree with your's and Bataav's thinking that FW members plexing in Intaki and its surrounds is irrelevant, or "the color of the flag doesn't matter". The simple fact is that capsuleers engaged in capturing complex sites for their faction are richly rewarded for their 'loyalties' to their empires. Not only does this enrich them personally ISK-wise, but enables the creation of more faction ships, modules, and ammo, all of which drives the war machine onward and 'upward'.
If ever there was a case of the 'military-industrial complex' being the 'tail that wags the dog', this is it.
I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

There's no doubting that the FW game mechanic offers something of value to its players, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them :) You're correct that, to the FW player the mechanic is a source of Isk, LP (and therefore faction shineys) and PvP for those willing to engage in it.

When we talk about FW's irrelevance, we mean in terms of it's impact on the Intaki system itself, and people who don't actively take part in the mechanic.

Of course if FW players wish to invest their LP into the system then there are benefits for all in terms of market costs, manufacturing efficiencies and the like. But in terms of the colour of the flag being irrelevent? I stand by that.

If the benefits to a system differed between faction so that Fed. control meant the system got one set of bonuses and State control meant there was a different set of bonuses then I'd agree that FW was of some consequence, and the balance of power would matter as locals would have a personal preference as to which set bonuses they'd be getting.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Desiderya

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2013, 07:46 »

Or if there'd be some choice what to upgrade with the LPs (akin to sov upgrades). Serious food for thought here, man.

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
Re: IPI/ILF – Ch-ch-ch-changes
« Reply #20 on: 04 Apr 2014, 17:55 »

ILF's New Logo and Updated Website

I am excited to bring two announcements to you today.

First, this evening the Intaki Liberation Front has rolled out a new corporation logo. This rebrand has been done to give our corporation a more recognizable and meaningful identity. The new logo contains symbolism representative of our roleplay, and “Intaki red” and gold (with black) are now the official corp colors.

The public announcement is here (mirror posts are also located on both IGS forums and one should shortly appear on ANN). A more detailed article describing the logo is here.

In conjunction with this rebrand, the ILF website (along with our Twitter, Google+, and YouTube accounts) have been updated.

I’m also pleased to reveal a new section on our website called Compendium. A compendium is a brief treatment or account of a subject, especially an extensive subject; or a summary, epitome, or abridgment.

The Compendium contains in-character articles which describe the ILF and/or IPI perspective on a given topic, including references (similar to a wiki). The idea is to provide a singular and easy to locate resource which allows both alliance members and the general public an opportunity to get to know and understand the basis of our roleplay. I’m keen to allow both new and experienced RPers to engage with us in improved ways.

Presently, we have just a few articles to offer, including rewritten or updated versions of content which was previously filed under other locations. The Intaki Prime Relief Effort especially has been revamped to better reflect actual events and the current reality in Intaki.

The Compendium Headlines link leads to news pieces both about ILF/IPI and other events in the Intaki sov, most of which never appeared on our website in the past.

I encourage everyone to take a look at the Compendium. These articles should be treated as public IC knowledge, meaning any character in New Eden can know the information if they visit our Galnet portal and read it for themselves.

Over time more articles on topics like the Empyrean War, secession, the Federation, the State, the Intaki Cultural Center, and numerous others will be added. Some of these topics are very important to our RP and at the same time quite complicated so please bear with us while we continue working to compile information for them.

As our RP (and/or conditions in New Eden) evolve, the Compendium articles will be updated.

Of course, if you have a suggestion for a topic you’d like to see included in the Compendium please make it. Links to additional references are always welcome too.

I hope these new developments will be fun, interesting, and useful for all of us, and look forward to building on this content with you going forward.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #21 on: 04 Apr 2014, 19:57 »

I love you in a very platonic way for these changes. Excellent stuff.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 28 Jan 2016, 19:22 »

[mod]Archived at OP's request[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]