Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: AXLVP Heist discussion thread  (Read 12672 times)

AmranShakiel

• Clonejack
AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« on: 28 Jun 2013, 07:44 »

Aelisha Montenagre

Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2013, 07:48 »

As I mentioned in the thread, more details would add to it.  I must admit a sense of 'do not know if publicity stunt' at present.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:20 »

Well, this was a weird thing to log into.

It was especially weird because it seems to be mostly a work of fiction. Nothing was missing from our tower when I checked through it. All our ships were still there. Even the ships people had just left chilling in the tower forcefield, not even inside the SMA, were still there. Like, we have an Echelon named 'Lab Extension' if their goal was to take RP related stuff...that probably would have done it. I'm still going through trying to figure out exactly what went on and if anything is actually missing, but really, nothing appears to be.

Dunno :S I changed the tower password anyway.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:22 »

Ty for the report Saede.  If your supposed malefactor has any contrary evidence, now would be the time for them to present it and not look like they are flamebaiting on these fine forums.

AmranShakiel

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:23 »

Ichkowa san was the instigator of the Heist, without him this would never have happened. He moved ships from their maintenance array to the entrance wormhole, they were then moved into a pos in Gensis by his accomplices, loaded into an Orca and shipped to Amarr, pictures of the items stolen linked below. This wasn't a planned event, AXLVP had no idea it would occur. We simply had to ensure lapses in security in a wormhole corp had to go punished and profited nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/ekiMyrt.png
http://i.imgur.com/hvfJ5gn.jpg

As I don't own fraps, my only recording option was a phone, and well, that wouldn't have worked at all.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:24 »

And ty for your supporting evidence. 

AmranShakiel

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:28 »

Terribly sorry it wasn't provided in the OP on the IGS. I'd worried they might have been removed and wanted to see if it could be done without providing evidence, lest my post require ISD editing to remove the out of forum link. (I'd been told that you weren't able to post links to out of IGS sites, this was in error apparently.)

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:32 »

TBh it is up to you how you present your material, it is just such a common trope among role players to claim events that never could/never have/never will happen that evidence is pretty much a requirement for credibility in a claim affecting an existing entity. 

When it is something along the lines of 'fictional entity I made being affected by me' it isn't too bad, but there have been a few 'X real entity was robbed/discrediting by Y in such a way they can never have retorted - also it didn't really happen' instances. 

DOINITRONG is an unpopular assertion on this board, and for good reason, but I was mostly worried a nominally friendly entity to my own character(s) was being slandered out of hand.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:37 »

I have to wonder, though, isn't this thread basically flamebait?  "Haha, look what I did to you?"
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:39 »

I have to wonder, though, isn't this thread basically flamebait?  "Haha, look what I did to you?"

Seeing as very little was taken I dont think theres much risk of this turning into a shitstorm

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:40 »

Seeing as very little was taken I dont think theres much risk of this turning into a shitstorm

Oh ye of little faith.

AmranShakiel

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2013, 08:41 »

It's not intended to be flame bait, but if this thread becomes a home to vitriol and arguments, I'll not be putting up a fight in it being interred into the catacombs.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2013, 09:04 »

Okay, went through everything a second time, apparently some stuff was actually taken.

meh. I'm not like, horribly offended.

Overall it could have been a lot worse. For a hoist, it was a mostly ineffective one, and could have been much, much worse. We'll be reimbursing losses, and overall should recover. My own derp for trusting someone I shouldn't have, I might have to drop some plex to pay people back, but considering? We got off pretty easily.

Also, OOC/RP note, but there were no TCMCs, narcotics, 'passengers' RP fluff items, or anything really remotely incriminating taken. They didn't even take the Echelon we had floating vulnerable in space named Lab Extension. So, because nothing RP related was taken, we're not going to be providing any RP info on anything that might have been discoverable, and any claims to have incriminating evidence against us can be assumed to be gums flapping.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jun 2013, 09:09 »

What gets me is that when I was active in ALXVP, over five times the amount of value stolen was readily available to those with the willingness and the resources to pull of a heist - and even then, if the whole value was stolen, that would still be a pitiably low amount for a WH theft.

So what we have is a very lousy theft from a Corporation who wouldn't be worth targeting (no offense, just looking at the economics of this) anyway. I have to think the organisation of this wasn't very thorough.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2013, 09:15 by Halete »

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2013, 09:17 »

This certainly was an odd thing to log in to. Upon checking it out further, yeah some ships were missing. None of the modules came from our hangar though; the public armory section wasn't looted and any of those BPs or industry-related items would have been in a secure section of the CHA that only Saede and myself have access to.

It could have done a lot more damage, but didn't. Some of those ships were Ichkowa's, in fact. It really does look like it only hurt one particular member of the corp, and I have to wonder if there's any sort of grudge between Ichkowa and that member; it appears a little too targetted towards that member.

Anyway, this thread does strike me as being for the purposes of flamebait and/or bragging rights. There's really not much to discuss, nor brag about. It was a good learning experience that really didn't cost us that much, and I've already brainstormed ideas to keep it from happening in the future.

Sorry if any panties are twisted! Not trying to offend anyone, but I was just woken up after only a few hours of sleep to this news   :eek:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10