Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: AXLVP Heist discussion thread  (Read 12677 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« Reply #135 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:29 »

Ah, yes, the limited API can reasonably be seen as an IC element.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #136 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:31 »

No one forces you to break OOC/OOG trust. It's always your decision whether you want to do so or not and you should make that decision based on your knowledge what you do.
Just so we're clear, I agree with this. I did place "force" in quotation marks for a reason.

Edit: I actually used the word "motivate" at first, but that didn't seem forceful enough. :D
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2013, 13:35 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #137 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:43 »

Well, I didn't take you to be someone not agreeing on this. I'd also let you in my corp (if I had any) if you wanted to get in given the understanding that I consider corp theft to be a breach of trust on a level depending on how I set up the corp - probably a breach of OOG trust.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #138 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:55 »

My character is loyal, moral, and dependable. I'm capricious.

My character views stealing from her corp as actual theft. She sees her corp as serving a vital function in the area. I can't see stealing a Vindicator as equivalent to stealing person's car in real life, let alone a top-of-the-line military ship. I understand my corp is a group of people who want to have some fun playing a game - they are not actually supporting a company that employs billions or protecting the good people of Syndicate from pirates. 

Wouldn't the emphasis on OOC/OOG elements be more harmful than helpful?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #139 on: 04 Jul 2013, 14:02 »

Like that punster, you earned your accolades-- your victim's anger. If you can't enjoy it without guilt, you may be in the wrong line of IC work.

There are players who deliberately milk others for tears. If you're not one of them, you're not one of them. The idea that you ought to enjoy another's anger isn't one I agree with though I do believe you ought to expect another's anger.

Fewer than you might think, Makkal. Take it from a pirate: smack or hate mail from a victim ("tears") is the sound of applause. "Milking tears," in my experience, is less about sadism and more about receiving backhanded recognition for a job well done. Most pirates prefer a thoughtful or congratulatory note (applause from someone mature and worthy of respect > "applause" from a poor sport), but you either learn to enjoy tears or you generally get out of the business.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #140 on: 04 Jul 2013, 14:06 »

[mod=tap 2, dark ritual, dark ritual...]This thread has been destroyed for the following reasons : Nonconstructive, derailed, flamebaited, toxic[/mod]

The very premise of this thread was volatile at its beginning, and its worth was immediately put into question. However, given that heists are discussed to some extent here, I was interested to see where it would go. As I mentioned earlier, it had high potential to go pear-shaped. Then it did, and then it went off the rails of the original discussion into a multitude of tangential posts.

A new thread concerning the topic of the OOC/IC spy+theft divide will be created to clean the slate and center the conversation on that particular idea.

Edit;

New thread Here
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2013, 14:36 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]